Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Duilio Loi Dies At 79!

One of Italys greatest fighters, and one of the greatest Light Welterweights of all time has passed away after struggling with Alzheimer's disease for many years. Loi's biggest wins were over the great Carlos Ortiz (2x). He finished his career with a remarkable record of 115-3-8. He was inducted into the hof in 2005. Rest in peace Champ.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Duilio Loi Dies At 79!

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    One of Italys greatest fighters, and one of the greatest Light Welterweights of all time has passed away after struggling with Alzheimer's disease for many years. Loi's biggest wins were over the great Carlos Ortiz (2x). He finished his career with a remarkable record of 115-3-8. He was inducted into the hof in 2005. Rest in peace Champ.
    I think Loi lost the first of three but Ortiz rematched him in Loi's hometown (whoops) and then loi whipped him again.Ive never seen him fight,but read of his 1st fight draw with Perkins.Ref apparently had to coach them tomix it up and crowd starting throwing money into the ring ??
    Alzheimers can be extremely brutal and almost inhuman how it ravages a loved one. RIP Champ indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc. Spicoli didnt know that about the Perkins fight. Loi was a defensive fighter and Perkins often was too so I could see those fights not being barnburners. Still Loi defeated every man he stepped in the ring with, avenging his few loses. Perkins was a very good fighter also.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

ICB Guest

He beat every man he faced truly a legend and a credit to the sport of boxing, R.I.P Champ.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    cc. Spicoli didnt know that about the Perkins fight. Loi was a defensive fighter and Perkins often was too so I could see those fights not being barnburners. Still Loi defeated every man he stepped in the ring with, avenging his few loses. Perkins was a very good fighter also.
    CC returned Boom,thanks for the insight on an undermentiond fighter.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think in the 1st Ortiz fight Loi lost it by at least 3 points. How the one judge had it for Loi was shocking to me. The second fight I had it a draw and the 3rd fight I've only ever seen highlights of so I can't comment much other then Loi looked to be moving well and boxing Ortiz from a range.

May he R.I.P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A shame to hear...Rest in Peace to an old warrior...

It is always sad to hear when a fighter passes...But also good to know they lived a long full life
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information