Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williams vs Quintana "Is going be easy for Williams?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Williams vs Quintana "Is going be easy for Williams?

William think that these fight going be easy for him , but i dont think so, We have to think that Quintana is STARVING and he have a lot of wish to win and see if he can get revenge with Cotto... What do you think guys?.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Williams vs Quintana "Is going be easy for Williams?

Quintana is a good fighter and a solid contender in a very deep division. But after what I saw with Cotto, I'm not sure he has what it takes to hang in with the big boys of the division. It won't be easy for Williams but his high work rate will eventually overwehlm "El Indio".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Quintana has what it takes to defeat Williams. The loss to Cotto was the result of a perfect body shot not too many out there can deliver. However, it is going to be easy for Williams in the sense that his work rate will not allow him to lose the fight on points at all. I mean against Margarito, Williams landed like 22% of his shots, not a very good percentage all. Quintana will be able to stick and move very well, but unless he delivers a clear cut performance on points, he will not win against Williams. Thus, it seems like he needs a KO and I don't think that will be happening for Quintana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quintana is disgustingly over-hyped. All he did was build a decent record against weak competition and upset some ultra green prospect.

Quintana is not that good, nor was he ever that good. Cotto fans try to make him out to be some world beater so that they can talk up Cotto's win over him.

Quintana will be very easy for Williams.

Williams by TKO in 9

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Quintana is disgustingly over-hyped. All he did was build a decent record against weak competition and upset some ultra green prospect.

Quintana is not that good, nor was he ever that good. Cotto fans try to make him out to be some world beater so that they can talk up Cotto's win over him.

Williams by TKO in 9
    Well,we he can't be that easy if it's taking Williams 9 rounds to take him out of there is he?Quintana beat whoever was put in front of him,most were choosing Julio to run him over so stop making yourself look foolish

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    Quintana is a good fighter and a solid contender in a very deep division. But after what I saw with Cotto, I'm not sure he has what it takes to hang in with the big boys of the division. It won't be easy for Williams but his high work rate will eventually overwehlm "El Indio".
    I can agree with your post. Williams is better than Quintana is almost every department,add height,reach,jabs and hundreds of power punches per,Williams is NOT going to lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tall Paul must stay focused. I have seen it to many times when overconfidents undermines a fighters ability to do his job. Stay focused and take one step at a time. Then after that he can chase down Cotto or Floyd. Dont seem like they want to fight the best. THE BOOGIE MAN COMETH. And he is FOCUSED. Quintana first then those bums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Williams by TKO in 9
    Well,we he can't be that easy if it's taking Williams 9 rounds to take him out of there is he?Quintana beat whoever was put in front of him,most were choosing Julio to run him over so stop making yourself look foolish

I can agree with your post. Williams is better than Quintana is almost every department,add height,reach,jabs and hundreds of power punches per,Williams is NOT going to lose.

Yet another ignorant post courtesy of El Gamo.

Allow me to educate you............... once again

If Williams wins 8 rounds convincingly with a knockdown or two, then the fight gets stopped in the 9th, was that a tough fight for Williams?

Sorry if I made you feel foolish....... again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well , in my opinion is true that Williams throw a lot of punches but lets think, if he can similate a hard punch of Quintana , he is a good southpaw , i never saw Williams fighted to southpaw hard punch like Quintana, for me if Quintana work a Body Punch to williams , he can make him to reduce throwing a lot of punches , but he have to work very hard and he can win the fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams by TKO in 9

Yet another ignorant post courtesy of El Gamo.

Allow me to educate you............... once again

If Williams wins 8 rounds convincingly with a knockdown or two, then the fight gets stopped in the 9th, was that a tough fight for Williams?

Sorry if I made you feel foolish....... again
    Right,thanks for enlightening me bro.(nice escape) Please stop starting new paragraphs with every sentence.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see this as a mismatch at all. I think Quintana is a very good fighter. And this is something of a crossroads fight for him. He already lost to one of the top welterweights in Cotto. A similar lost to Williams will pretty much end his days as a championship fighter. His back and career are kind of against the wall. I expect him to come out fighting. I'm still debating this fight but I would not be shocked if Quintana came out on top

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I don't see this as a mismatch at all. I think Quintana is a very good fighter. And this is something of a crossroads fight for him. He already lost to one of the top welterweights in Cotto. A similar lost to Williams will pretty much end his days as a championship fighter. His back and career are kind of against the wall. I expect him to come out fighting. I'm still debating this fight but I would not be shocked if Quintana came out on top
    You being serious? How does Quintana win this fight? If he boxes,well Paul's jab and work rate will get to him. If he stands and bangs,Paul will win purely on numbers.If you get this right and Quintana wins,that would be some awesome call!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You being serious? How does Quintana win this fight? If he boxes,well Paul's jab and work rate will get to him. If he stands and bangs,Paul will win purely on numbers.If you get this right and Quintana wins,that would be some awesome call!
    Well , i still saying that Quintana is STARVING to win a CHAMP. if he comes with new strategy and work with body punch, im going tell you a story , lets see whats going happen.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will take a great performance from Quintana to pull it off. No doubt. I haven't picked him to win yet. But I am leaning to him so far. I'm still reviewing both fighters. Quintana is not a bad counter puncher. And with Williams work rate he will have more than enough chances to counter. He needs to take advantage of them. He can not let himself get over whelmed like Matthysse did late in there fight. And Margarito did early on. Banging with Williams might not be a bad idea either. As Williams is not a one punch knock out artist. Also Quintana has been a Welterweight his whole career. With 19 of his 24 wins coming by knock out his power is equal if not a little better than Williams. I think this will be a pretty good fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams by TKO in 9
    Quintana clearly has excellent boxing ability-anyone can see that. I would like to know which Cotto fan has made Quintana out to be a world beater. In fact, didn't most, or at least many, choose Quintana over Cotto?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican

Williams by TKO in 9
    Quintana clearly has excellent boxing ability-anyone can see that. I would like to know which Cotto fan has made Quintana out to be a world beater. In fact, didn't most, or at least many, choose Quintana over Cotto?
    Ah no

Thread Information