Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Article about Floyd.. Good one.

Here is a good article. Is like an open letter to him.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...-best-era-but/

OK I will say this Floyd is a great Talent but he is actually with the 147 guys but he fought Baldo, Judah, 140 champ HAtton @ 147, Mitchel and wet to fight Oscar at 154 but he entered at 149 or something. ok not bad but not that good either. When teh actual danger is with Cotto OR Williams I edge Cotto by the way jeje.

I could be you fan if you consider to fight this guys It won't matter if you win but to be brave enogh to take this fight or aleast one of them(Cotto) I will admire you. so how bout it. and please don't fight Oscar again I swear I wont pay a dime for it
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Article about Floyd.. Good one.

I really hate how that article discredits the Hatton win, that was a great win for PBF regardless of size issues
    Thats cricket

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    Here is a good article. Is like an open letter to him.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...-best-era-but/

OK I will say this Floyd is a great Talent but he is actually with the 147 guys but he fought Baldo, Judah, 140 champ HAtton @ 147, Mitchel and wet to fight Oscar at 154 but he entered at 149 or something. ok not bad but not that good either. When teh actual danger is with Cotto OR Williams I edge Cotto by the way jeje.

I could be you fan if you consider to fight this guys It won't matter if you win but to be brave enogh to take this fight or aleast one of them(Cotto) I will admire you. so how bout it. and please don't fight Oscar again I swear I wont pay a dime for it
    Not that bad ?? ODLH weighed almost 1 stone heavier than Mayweather i would say thats pretty damn impressive, and so was his victory over Hatton who was top 10 P4P fighter. Them two victories alone are better than anything Cotto has ever done.

Im going to quote the article.

Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Carnegie. Like them, you are a master capitalist. You’re also a pugilistic virtuoso, but on your current career path, we will remember you more for being a businessman than as someone who took care of bidness in the ring.

Is this a joke ?? Mayweather beat some of the best fighters at Super Featherweight and Lightweight and dominated them.

Genero Hernandez = Never been beaten at Super Featherweight
    Angel Manfredy
    Diego Corrales = Top 10 P4P fighter.
    Jose Luis Castillo x2
    Carlos Hernandez
    Jesus Chavez
    Phillip N'dou

Just to name a few he was impressive in all of these fights, he gave a mixture of boxing master class, plus brawling toe to toe and out slugging his opponent.

Allow me to blunt for a moment. Your victories over Oscar and Hatton impress on paper only. Your win over De La Hoya was akin to defeating the Spanish Armada in the 1600’s. Both big-time names. Both already depleted.

And your kayo of Ricky Hatton at 147 was an impressive display to be sure---if you’re into watching snakes devour mice.

Some of ODLH's best performances were at Light Middleweight Mosley 2, Vargas, Campas just to name a few, his fights vs Sturm and Hopkins were all at Middleweight, where he wasn't comfortable at that weight. But as i recall ODLH comeback and destroyed Mayorga in impressive fashion did he not ?? i also recall that ODLH was almost 1 stone heavier than Mayweather. And Mayweather accepted all of ODLH demands and still beat him and lets not forget Mayweather had never fought at Light Middleweight. Hatton was top 10 P4P fighter Mayweather KO him in impressive fashion what more do you want a 1st round demolition job ??

But until we see you sweat against a dangerous opponent, we (and you) will never know how great you truly are. At some point you’ve got to put your neck on the line if you want to be considered for boxing’s Mount Crushmore.

You must of missed his fights vs Castillo and Chavez then.

Sorry but this writer is just a cocky idiot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To compare PBF to the some of the greatest capitalists' ever is a little bit of a stretch. Carnegie? come on. WOuld PBF spend money for a building for anyone but himself?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Besides being well written this isn't a good letter because the guy doesn't know what he is talking about... I am not saying Floyd should be compared to Robinson or Ali p4p with what he has done at welterweight, but I think if Oscar fights as much as he says he will this year people will realize that he is a far cry from "Depleted". As for Hatton I think he just can hang with the bigger guys at welterweight, but Floyd isn't a real welterweight in terms of size which makes Hatton's speed and pressure more difficult for Floyd than anything Margarito or Cintron could dish up because your power doesn't matter if you can't land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    I really hate how that article discredits the Hatton win, that was a great win for PBF regardless of size issues
    "Like watching a snake devour a mouse" I'd call that a pretty good description of the fight. I don't think it discredits Floyd at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is it like a snake and a mouse? Hatton is bigger, and was clearly stronger than Floyd that night? Did you see how when they got tangled up how easily he moved Mayweather around? It looked like what Cotto does to his opponents. Size was IMO in favor of Hatton, and he walks around much higher in weight than Mayweather and he started his career at a much higher weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taeth, I wasn't thinking about size, rather I thought about the ease in which Mayweather handled Hatton. About as easy as a snake would handle a mouse. Size wasn't much of an issue, IMO, and one doesn't score points by pushing your opponent around. I can think of a few fighters that would give mayweather a tougher fight. This one was all about money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I recently read an interview with Nacho Berestein. The trainer of the toughest and most macho Mexican fighters had this to say about one of his young fighters: "The best fight for him? The best fight is the one for the most money. The best fight is always the one for the most money."

Its always about the money. In your prime you have to make the most money. We'd all love to see Cotto-Mayweather, but the De la hoya fight makes a lot more money right now. Maybe next year a Cotto-Mayweather fight will make the most money. My guess is if Cotto is still unbeaten it will be the biggest money fight out there.

Floyd has earned the right to choose the biggest fights, like it or not he has earned the right to fight Oscar for the most money while the 147 lb division sorts itself out and he can fight who ever is left standing for the most money possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    How is it like a snake and a mouse? Hatton is bigger, and was clearly stronger than Floyd that night? Did you see how when they got tangled up how easily he moved Mayweather around? It looked like what Cotto does to his opponents. Size was IMO in favor of Hatton, and he walks around much higher in weight than Mayweather and he started his career at a much higher weight.
    I record all major fights and I could have sworn that in the corner in between one of the rounds, Hatton's cornerman said to Hatton that Mayweather was stronger than Hatton. I couldn't understand too much because the British accent is not one that I am not familiar with. Perhaps one of you here who recorded the fight can listen in between rounds and confirm this for me (or not).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless of what his corner man said.. it was pretty obvious to me at least that Hatton was stronger than Mayweather in that fight, and I can't think of many fighters who would give Mayweather an overall much harder fight than Hatton. Cotto IMO could give Mayweather a harder time, but I have a feeling his slowness of foot would cause him a whole heap of problems against Mayweather. Also I feel that Mosley isn't good enough at a distance to truly challenge Mayweather who thinks faster than him, is faster, and better technically. I think however that Paul Williams is Mayweather's biggest challenge, but that fight isn't happening.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really see a threat to Floyd at the moment. Maybe maaaaaaaaaaaaybe Paul Williams but I would like to see him polished a bit more. Have more exposure.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another shitty article written by a man who obviously hasn't got a clue about what it means to be a professional fighter and to succesfully manage a career.

When a writer 'urges' Floyd to fight a 'flash in the pan famous for 5 minutes star' like Kermit Cintron and Paul Williams my eyes just glaze over and I cease to take seriously anything he later says.

It really pisses me off how so many boxing fans have no sense of perspective and get all upset when there fighter doesn't take what they consider to be his legacy defining fight i his very next fight.

So Floyd hasn't fought Cotto yet? So what, he will do soon enough.

Is there anyone who seriously doubts that the Mayweather Cotto fight will ever take place?

Of course it will take place, Floyd is just waiting for Cotto to prove himself and build his name to the point where such a fight will be the biggest money maker it can be. When that moment reaches fruition the fight will take place, it's a virtual boxing certainty.

It strikes me that these....I call them fucktards......would make terrible gardeners. They would stick their seeds in the ground on a Monday and by the weekend they would be digging them up and replacing them with new seeds because they felt the others wern't growing and were obviously defective

I just thank God that these kind of people arn't in any position of power so that their completely illogical short term bias doesn't fuck up any developmental processes.

Can you imagine them building a house? 'Why are you building a hole in the ground the building is suppposed to go UP! Stop building this stupid foundation and start laying the walls now!'

As I said above........fucktards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would make sense to wait a little and have Cotto build up some excitement...just like Baldomir did and later got schooled by Floyd for an easy one-sided domination landing punches from all angles, avoiding punches, etc. vs a slower guy. That's a fight I would NOT pay for. I would just end up upset to see Floyd win once again aginst a guy that has a recognizable name. We have a better chance of seeing Floyd loose if he joins the MMA which I hope he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    It would make sense to wait a little and have Cotto build up some excitement...just like Baldomir did and later got schooled by Floyd for an easy one-sided domination landing punches from all angles, avoiding punches, etc. vs a slower guy. That's a fight I would NOT pay for. I would just end up upset to see Floyd win once again aginst a guy that has a recognizable name. We have a better chance of seeing Floyd loose if he joins the MMA which I hope he does.
    Cotto has more excitement than Floyd in 2 years.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Thread Information