Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How Did You Score Some Of The Greatest Rounds In Boxing History ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default How Did You Score Some Of The Greatest Rounds In Boxing History ??

I'll start us off with Bert Cooper vs Michael Moorer 1st round, i scored it 10-10 last time i watched it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xrs65JZzMIk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How Did You Score Some Of The Greatest Rounds In Boxing History ??

I gave Moorer the round cuz he landed more punches.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Classic .This is a case where the ten point must system is Impossible. At the time I scored it 9-8 Cooper.Moorer much slower in getting up and Cooper controlled majority of round.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i scored it 9-8 for Moore cause cooper was hurt more, hurt longer and he got a break from spitting out his mouth piece.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not counting on my fingers but at first glance Moorer on more landed .

Bert was wide open for a heart stopper of a low right hook with that left elbow up in the air.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

10-9 Moorer .He looked the bigger banger.

The finish was brutal . But Michael was slow to get going like he was against Tua but he didnt pay the price vs Cooper

This begs the question does Tua have the worst advisor ever or what . Cuz he knocked out Moorer and Rahman anad Moorer and Ruiz . All of them were world champs . Tua gets 1 shot and they put him in with Lewis of all people !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must be crazy because I don't see what's so hard about scoring the round, Moore took it too him after the early success Cooper had, Cooper did not land anything meaningful until it was 10 seconds left in the round (And he got a break for the mouthpiece), not to get too far off the subject but Cooper was a classic underachiever who had all the skills and no will

ICB Guest

Ok moving on Barrera vs Morales 5th round, i scored it for Morales.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I8AvFst5S04

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it is a 10 point must system so should it be 10-9 for a 9-8 round?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Ok moving on Barrera vs Morales 5th round, i scored it for Morales.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I8AvFst5S04
    I think it was a Morales round up until the last minute . Barrera was covering up alot and not doing much . Morales was turning the tide but Barrera must have realised it and when he op[ened up Morales was all over the place . He hurt Erik more than Erik hurt him and just like the Cooper- Moorer 1 earlier , that made the difference for me .

Barrera 10-9 .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah whatta round! i remember giving it to moorer last time and watching it back just now i still give it to him for sure 9-8.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Morrales ahead by three clean shots, a fight like thiers you cant score little glances.

By the way do you guys sit there and tick off actual shots landed onto a piece of paper with a line down the middle or what?

Or do what I do and hold left fingers up for one fighter and right for the other fighter; and if your out of fingers on one hand you start to take off a shot on the opposite hand instead of placing it onto the main one?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales 10-9.This is an example on how sometimes judging a round minute by minute helps.These rounds will make you end up like Teddy Atlas and his 4 even round cards Lol.Im gonne check scoresheet for original air....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Morales 10-9 in that great Round 5.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah guys,I think there is a10 point must system in place for all fights. The winner of the round always gets 10 points(I could be wrong)

Thread Information