Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Enzo Maccarinelli v David Haye (WBC/WBO/WBA Cruiserweight title).

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL POLL: Enzo Maccarinelli v David Haye, WHO WINS AND WHY???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default OFFICIAL POLL: Enzo Maccarinelli v David Haye, WHO WINS AND WHY???

Okay the biggest British domestic fight since Eubank v Benn is just 6 weeks away and here is the official poll of who wins and why

I've put forward a few questions you might want to consider and interviews at the press confernce with both men so here goes:

Enzo Maccarinelli.

Is he overrated fighting past-it fighters i.e. Braithwaite or no namers i.e. Gunn and is this the fight which exploits him against a true champion like Haye and shows he is not as good as many think ??.

After getting stopped by Lee Swaby surely Haye's power will be too much for him after Haye has 19 KO's in 21 fights ??

David Haye

After being dropped on occasions including the Mormeck fight and being KO'd against Carl Thompson how will he deal with Enzo's power in which research shows when Enzo's left hand hit's you flush it is the same speed as a Transit Van hitting you at 30 MPH, FACT!!! ??

How will he deal at the cruiserweight limit once again after stating he never had a proper meal during his training for the Mormeck fight so will he be severely weight drained??

His left hand: He always drops his left hand low and you seen he got caught by Mormeck and Enzo has more power then Mormeck and Haye has already stated he will keep his left hand low if not lower against Mormeck so will he get tagged once again but this time will he not get up??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=44KVeTLOGRw&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gak3JZ6eHv0&feature=related

Leftylee's view:

I feel this will be a fantastic fight and the fight poster reflect's it all "Bombs away" but I am concerned at how low Haye drops his left hand and feel Enzo will exploit this however Haye IMO has that little more in speed and power in which he will KO Enzo after getting up from the canvas himself around the 6th to 8th round however if Enzo grabs the victory I will not be surprised at all.

One thing I do hope is this does not end in just 1 or 2 rounds as that would be very disappointing.

YOUR VIEWS PLEASE??

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OFFICIAL POLL: Enzo Maccarinelli v David Haye, WHO WINS AND WHY???

Haye will spark Enzo in 1.

I'm pretty sure Enzo's arsehole is gonna go BIGTIME in this fight. About 30 seconds into the first round he'll realise he's in too deep.. 30 seconds later he'll be on the floor.. 30 seconds later still he'll come round from the smelling salts.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hayes the proven fighter here as he knocked out Mormeck so that should give him the edge however im not sure Enzo would let him off the hook like Mock and Mormeck did . If Enzo gets him down he'll probably keep him down .

Haye would be better suited taking this fight at heavy cuz I think he is too chinny and drained at cruiser. He may have the experience though now to ride out the bad ptches and make his power tell in about 6 rounds .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Haye is the best Cruiserweight in the World and also the hardest puncher of these two.

Maccarinelli has to try and take this fight to the later rounds and hope that Haye's weight draining affects him later on. Though Haye's stamina looked fine against Mormeck.

I think the 1st 2 rounds will be pretty cautious from both fighters and I expect Haye to stalk a high guarded Enzo around the ring. Both working the jab but when Haye lands that ramrod jab - Enzo is going to know that Haye is carrying the superior firepower.

I'll be surprised if Enzo makes it past the 5th. His chin is ok but Haye can Ko anyone and he will KO Enzo.

Haye's more agile and the quicker puncher and that is what will count = Speed of punch.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye TKO....

Why: Simply cause I'm a fan and I root for him.

I think Hayes been against the better opposition and has been tested. Enzo is the better skilled fighter and has the better boxing skills. Hayes a warrior and goes in to handle his business.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enzo to exploit trash-taking, glass jawed, hands low David Haye. Enzo K.O in rounds 1-4.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Enzo to exploit trash-taking, glass jawed, hands low David Haye. Enzo K.O in rounds 1-4.
    Althugz... Really curious as to why the hate for Haye?
    I don't think I've ever read on here why you don't rate him/like him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive gone with Haye by KO im a David Haye fan i want Haye to win i think he has the edge in KO power i think he will land first with his bombs with in 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This could go either way. I'm a fan of both, but more of Enzo so I want him to win (also to have a champion of the cruisers once Haye leaves).

Objectively, I believe the advantage is with Haye since he's had the better opposition, and I was impressed how he didn't panic when under pressure against Mormeck. IMO the best strategy for Enzo is to back him up as Haye doesn't have quite the same pop when on the back foot, Mormeck and the Italian guy had a lot of succes when backing him up at a high tempo, though Haye showed how devastating a finisher he is against both when you give him the opportunity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is going to be a war. I cannot wait for this fight. Haye has fought the better fighters and I think punch for punch is the bigger banger. Mac is just a monster though,I mean his body shots are sickening,I've seen a few of his fights(not many) but you can hear the body shots and can see the effect it has on the opponent.

The only thing I can guarantee is someone is getting KTFO out. I'm going for Haye to win. BTW guys,who has the better chin? I've only seen 3-4 fights of each fighter and have not seen either of their losses,all I know is they were both stopped and both have been down. I think in the end,this fight will come down to who has the higher punch resistance and heart,I don't think skill will have anything to do with it. It'll be bombs away!

And the variable at play which could effect the fight:What kind of condition is Haye in after struggling to make weight again?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Haye might come unstucke here. Frank said he'd walk away if Haye ever beat Enzo. We aint that lucky.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going for the UD for Enzo...Enzo Calzaghe trained fighters are all trained with great fitness and they all keep a highworkrate...aslong as Enzo can avoid the bombs and take haye down the stretch he should be able to outwork Haye to the UD.

Haye on paper is obviusly the better champion, but who can bet against an Enzo Calzaghe trained fighter at the moment, Maccarinelli is bound to have a great gameplan.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leftylee wrote

how will he deal with Enzo's power in which research shows when Enzo's left hand hit's you flush it is the same speed as a Transit Van hitting you at 30 MPH, FACT!!! ??

I don't even understand what this means. Taken literally it means that he punches at the same speed as a 30 mph van which means his punches are thrown at 30 mph which I'm not sure is what you meant?

If you are talking about power then its simply absurd and another example that people will believe anything if a scientist says it.

Ask yourself this. Which would you rather have to endure, an Enzo Maccerinelli punch flush on the jaw, OR being hit by a van at 30 mph.?

If you think the two are in any way comparable then you would literally believe anything that scientists told you.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a UK based boxing fan, I thought was just a big British dust-up however it's good to see the fight has global appeal. The first thing about this fight is that I see it differently than most. In the sense that although the title is 'Bombs Always' insinuating that these are the two hardest punchers in the cruiserweight division (which they most likely are) I feel this fight will be won, not necessarily, by the hardest puncher, but by the fighter who can take the hardest punch. The strange thing about Haye is that although skill for skill he wins clearly against Maccarinelli. I feel that you don't have to be that good to beat him. By ‘That good’ I mean you don't have to be that skilful or have great hand speed or great foot work. Nope, what you need to have is resilience and a great chin the ability to keep coming back and throwing punches. Carl Thompson did not KO Haye, he just stuck around for long enough to withstand Haye's assault and then when Haye got dispirited and tired he stopped him and even the stoppage wasn't very conclusive as Thompson never hurt or knocked down Haye. Haye just had, had enough.

Maccarinelli on the other hand, is unknown in my opinion. Haye has the form and the credentials and Maccarinelli could get exposed in this fight, but my gut feeling is that Maccarinelli will win, not because he the better boxer or has more power, I just think he'll stick around long enough for Haye to tire and I'm more confident of Maccarinelli’s chin than I am Haye's and it's the who has the greater chin rather than who has the greater bombs which will decide this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Leftylee wrote

how will he deal with Enzo's power in which research shows when Enzo's left hand hit's you flush it is the same speed as a Transit Van hitting you at 30 MPH, FACT!!! ??

I don't even understand what this means. Taken literally it means that he punches at the same speed as a 30 mph van which means his punches are thrown at 30 mph which I'm not sure is what you meant?

If you are talking about power then its simply absurd and another example that people will believe anything if a scientist says it.

Ask yourself this. Which would you rather have to endure, an Enzo Maccerinelli punch flush on the jaw, OR being hit by a van at 30 mph.?

If you think the two are in any way comparable then you would literally believe anything that scientists told you.
    What I meant was tests on Enzo's left hand shown before the Braithwaite fight said it had the same power as a transit van hitting you at 30mph.

And scientists never came up with it BTW people carried tests on when he hit the punch bag and had power ratings etc measured like on the Contender show when they measured the contestants punches and speed.

Thread Information