0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 2007 boxing highlight video

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: 2007 boxing highlight video

What a GREAT Video. I enjoyed this thru and thru.
    That was just a taste of how great 2007 was.
    Who ever made this video got down to the ground like James Brown.

CC 4 Dat'

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1st and foremost Welcome to Casa de Saddo.....

Hope to see you around for time to come....

2nd heres CC#2 on me and if your as good at debating as you are at making videos (if you made it) then I can't wait to have a good talk with you.

Did you make it?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quite possibly the best highlight vid. I've seen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good vid, but it'll be great if rafa and isreal was on it and some of the other big fights or knock outs this year.

though bonecrusher always makes for a good highlight reel vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, that's my work. Thanks for the positive feedback and the welcome to the forum. I'm a big boxing fan, so it was easy to make. I got my first taste of the sport during the Tyson era, and my appreciation grew as I followed the best pound-for-pound fighter of my generation, Roy Jones, throughout my high school and college years.

I left a lot of fights out, unfortunately. HBO replayed their five favorite fights, so it gave me the opportunity to get at least some of the content from this year.

There's a lot of good content on the board, so I'll be around for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

welcome and excellent work, I' ll be keeping an eye out for more of it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AM1808
    Yeah, that's my work. Thanks for the positive feedback and the welcome to the forum. I'm a big boxing fan, so it was easy to make. I got my first taste of the sport during the Tyson era, and my appreciation grew as I followed the best pound-for-pound fighter of my generation, Roy Jones, throughout my high school and college years.

I left a lot of fights out, unfortunately. HBO replayed their five favorite fights, so it gave me the opportunity to get at least some of the content from this year.

There's a lot of good content on the board, so I'll be around for sure.

Nice...
    What's your favorite RJJ fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Favorite fight would have to be Jones and Toney. The sixth round of Jones/Pazienza, the KO of Glen Kelly and the absolute destruction of Tony Thornton stick out in my mind.

It was a mortal moment for me when he got knocked out by Antonio Tarver on the most perfect/lucky counter-punch I've ever seen. I guess it renewed his interest in a sport he took for granted. I don't think he realized what his legacy could have been at that point in his career. How could he with a track like "And Still" to his music credit? Mr. Unstoppable, Roy? I can't blame him for that, though. What fan of boxing at the time didn't agree? He got careless with his career and paid the price.

I'm glad he's not embarrassing himself on his way out, though, like Mike Tyson did. Roy is clearly not the basket case, but the glass jaw has got to be a concern and he boxes that way. I haven't bought a Jones PPV since his loss to Tarver. I usually catch the replays.

I have to say that he did look good in an evenly matched bout against another aging former superstar in the sport. His hand speed is still wicked fast, but his feet aren't what they were when he was running circles around his opponents landing well places punches, like the ones against Richard Hall. He also gets hit cleanly a lot more now. Still a showman, which is what the sport always needs.

Still searching for the next Roy Jones. Mayweather is close, but he's no Roy Jones even with the unblemished record.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Favorite fight would have to be Jones and Toney. The sixth round of Jones/Pazienza, the KO of Glen Kelly and the absolute destruction of Tony Thornton stick out in my mind.
    Nice list...
    My fav. RJJ fights have to be vs. Hall and vs. Woods on sheer skills.
    The Hill and Kelley KO are fun to see.

It was a mortal moment for me when he got knocked out by Antonio Tarver on the most perfect/lucky counter-punch I've ever seen. I guess it renewed his interest in a sport he took for granted. I don't think he realized what his legacy could have been at that point in his career. How could he with a track like "And Still" to his music credit? Mr. Unstoppable, Roy? I can't blame him for that, though. What fan of boxing at the time didn't agree? He got careless with his career and paid the price.

I'm glad he's not embarrassing himself on his way out, though, like Mike Tyson did. Roy is clearly not the basket case, but the glass jaw has got to be a concern and he boxes that way. I haven't bought a Jones PPV since his loss to Tarver. I usually catch the replays.

I have to say that he did look good in an evenly matched bout against another aging former superstar in the sport. His hand speed is still wicked fast, but his feet aren't what they were when he was running circles around his opponents landing well places punches, like the ones against Richard Hall. He also gets hit cleanly a lot more now. Still a showman, which is what the sport always needs.

Still searching for the next Roy Jones. Mayweather is close, but he's no Roy Jones even with the unblemished record.
    Right on man...

I know what that's like I'm the same way with Oscar De La Hoya followed his entire career and IMO he was the best P4P fighter.
    Then slowly but surely his career started hitting the bumps along the way.

Just a heads up your looking for the next RJJ, whatever you do don't believe what anyone tells you.
    Cause somehow someone, somewhere said Jean Pascal was the next RJJ or the closest thing to RJJ.
    My ass!!! Whoever the hell made that comment should not be allowed to call himself a boxing fan.
    Jean Pascal NOTHING compared to RJJ, absolutely nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was Hall the guy he gave a swollen face to? Probably with all the rope-a-dope he pulled with that guy. I think it was him, but one guy went in with a lean face and walked out looking like he was wearing a mask.

I've heard of Jean Pascal but haven't had the opportunity to see him fight. I'm not holding my breath on a Jones clone anytime soon. I'll follow Mayweather until he fizzles out, because his hand speed is up there, and the styles are similar. Jones to Mayweather to me is like comparing a Mustang Saleen to a Mustang GT. Sure they look similar in many ways and both have a great deal of speed, but the Saleen does everything the GT does, only faster.

But, I've gotten into following Pavlik, since his destruction of Eddison Miranda. His fight with Taylor came at a time when boxing needed an exciting fight after the letdown from the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight. I actually wasn't let down by it, because I thought it was a good chess match in a boxing ring, but I could see how the casual fan would have been disappointed.

Paul Williams is another fun fighter to watch, only because he's so awkward for his weight class, but seemingly puts forth good fights. I thought he totally outclasses Margarito earlier this year. Wish I had that fight for the video...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for the vid.

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Nice list...
    My fav. RJJ fights have to be vs. Hall and vs. Woods on sheer skills.
    The Hill and Kelley KO are fun to see.

Right on man...

I know what that's like I'm the same way with Oscar De La Hoya followed his entire career and IMO he was the best P4P fighter.
    Then slowly but surely his career started hitting the bumps along the way.

Just a heads up your looking for the next RJJ, whatever you do don't believe what anyone tells you.
    Cause somehow someone, somewhere said Jean Pascal was the next RJJ or the closest thing to RJJ.
    My ass!!! Whoever the hell made that comment should not be allowed to call himself a boxing fan.
    Jean Pascal NOTHING compared to RJJ, absolutely nothing.
    Pascal is in no way the next RJJ, but I heard plenty of people saying he tries to model himself after Roy in that he relies on rexflexes and athleticism instead of a more traditional defense. Pascal seemed to look a bit different in his past few fights, though I didn't see all of them, but in the first fight of his I saw I thought he looked like he was trying to be RJJ. I'm not impressed with Pascal though, Miranda's hopefully going to knock him out, and anyone who compares his skills to those of RJJ doesn't know shit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great HBO package .Well done Newbie

SigmaMu Guest

Hey AM1808, check your private messeges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Much appreciated.

Thread Information