Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andre Berto is WBC number 1 right?Does that make him Floyd's mandatory?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre Berto is WBC number 1 right?Does that make him Floyd's mandatory?

I don't understand how someone with 2 decent wins:Estrada and Rivera,and fighting Trabant next is WBC number 1 but nonetheless, when does he become an enforceable mandatory??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Berto is WBC number 1 right?Does that make him Floyd's mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    I don't understand how someone with 2 decent wins:Estrada and Rivera,and fighting Trabant next is WBC number 1 but nonetheless, when does he become an enforceable mandatory??
    Well WBC's top 10 seems a little weak in general so im not so unhappy to see Berto at #1. Although Margarito might have something to say about that, being at #2.

Collazo at #8 is a little bit of a shocker.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Andre Berto is WBC number 1 right?Does that make him Floyd's mandatory?

Berto would get smoked by PBF. I would much rather see ODLH vs PBF II than to see Berto vs PBF. To be honest, I am now looking forward to the ODLH/PBF rematch. I watched the first fight again several times last week and I rather enjoyed it. I am starting to like Floyd but he still pisses me off with his onconventional style.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    Berto would get smoked by PBF. I would much rather see ODLH vs PBF II than to see Berto vs PBF. To be honest, I am now looking forward to the ODLH/PBF rematch. I watched the first fight again several times last week and I rather enjoyed it. I am starting to like Floyd but he still pisses me off with his onconventional style.
    Im glad you admitted that Danny, i didn't think ODLH vs Mayweather was that bad either. Before the fight started i was predicting a snoozefest but it was an entertaining fight and better than i expected, of course it wasn't a toe to toe slugfest like Gatti vs Ward. But the fight had some good exchanges, and plus there was some drama at the end because it was a close fight and no one knew who really was going to win at that point.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the 1st fight was good. But there's no justification for a rematch.
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimafee View Post
    I thought the 1st fight was good. But there's no justification for a rematch.
    I thought Mayweather easily won by 3 or 4 rounds, but you know what Jim ?? you would be surprised how many non hardcore boxing fans think ODLH won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SAddo I'm reporting this Post someone stole Danny's Account or username.

Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the rematch doesn't really bother but i would of still of preferred to see mayweather fight cotto, mosley even margarito or williams.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91 View Post
    the rematch doesn't really bother but i would of still of preferred to see mayweather fight cotto, mosley even margarito or williams.
    Basically, someone more deserving

I agree.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimafee View Post
    Basically, someone more deserving

I agree.
    exactly, he needs to give the fans what they want for a change, i doubt you heard many people asking mayweather for a de la hoya rematch. people wanna see him fight the best at 147, not past their prime greats.

i was hoping that this year he would fight cotto, etc but looks like it ain't happening, hopefully next year it will happen.

if any mayweather fans say its the best fight for the biggest money out there, they are right but as fans don't they want to see there fighter fight the best and be less interested in what is going into his pockets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree right along with the rest of you. I love this kid berto but he has no buisness going anywhere near floyd right now. Sadly i'd rather see him take his chances in there than watch oscar get beat again though.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC will let Floyd fight who he wants when he wants as he's their biggest cash cow and source of credibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto gets smoked by any of the current champions let alone PBF...If he went in and waited to land a big shot on Floyd Berto would be paintbrushed and KO'd inside of 2rds if even...

IMO Cintron beats Berto at this stage in his career as does Williams or Cotto......

Clottey, Margarito, Mosley and even Judah beat Berto right now
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't matter who the #1 contender is, because at this point in his career, Floyd is only going to fight the guys who make him the most money, he's not going to fight mandatory contenders just to keep a belt.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Im glad you admitted that Danny, i didn't think ODLH vs Mayweather was that bad either. Before the fight started i was predicting a snoozefest but it was an entertaining fight and better than i expected, of course it wasn't a toe to toe slugfest like Gatti vs Ward. But the fight had some good exchanges, and plus there was some drama at the end because it was a close fight and no one knew who really was going to win at that point.
    Looking back on Floyd's old fights, all we see for the most part are one sided beat down's with the exception of a few bouts. I hate to see anyone, totally dominate another man for any amount of rounds and get the victory.
    PBF vs ODLH was competitive and that has to count for something. I do however, hope that Floyd fights at least one or two top Welters before hanging them up. The way things are looking, I would have to say that Floyd is going to most likely follow the path of ODLH and fight only when he want's to maybe once or twice a year and only for big bucks. It now seems like Oscar is sort of moving on and now wants to take on a couple of TV fights, which should leave PBF holding the baton and taking those one or two big money fights per year. Floyd still has a lot to give and take from this sport. Some one who loves money as much as him, wont go away before completely cashing in.

Thread Information