Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tommy Morrison is fighting again!It's on the JCC Junior undercard

I don't think this guy should be allowed to fight until he is medically cleared to do so.

Morrison, 39, will appear in a special four-rounder, taking on Matt Weisharr, 3-0-2, 1 KO, of Atchison, Kansas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tommy Morrison is fighting again!It's on the JCC Junior undercard

tommy should be made to test that way its out in the open he's licened or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if Mexico will make him take a blood test. I bet they wont, and that is why he chose her to fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anybody know for sure if he's got HIV/Aids?

I thought I heard a while back that he passes a test, but it turns out there was something real shadey about that alleged test. I think it was something like: only his own personal physician would administer the test, or something like that.

My memory is foggy..... Clarification would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    I don't think this guy should be allowed to fight until he is medically cleared to do so.

Morrison, 39, will appear in a special four-rounder, taking on Matt Weisharr, 3-0-2, 1 KO, of Atchison, Kansas.
    He's been tested around twenty times already since his comeback(All Negative), If he was dirty some Dr would try to make a name for them self and bring the positive test forward. But he should take a test before the next fight for the non believers and health reasons. All fighters should take them.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702 View Post
    Does anybody know for sure if he's got HIV/Aids?

I thought I heard a while back that he passes a test, but it turns out there was something real shadey about that alleged test. I think it was something like: only his own personal physician would administer the test, or something like that.

My memory is foggy..... Clarification would be appreciated.
    I'm not real sure one way or another....but as another fighter if i thought you had anything that even rhymed with aids i wouldn't fight him.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh boy, Tommy Borrison back in action He doesn't have AIDS, Ray Mercer beat it out of him. Can't this guy find something else to do......like die or something?

{I have AIDS, boo-hoo}
    Last edited by LEGION; 02-07-2008 at 12:19 AM.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I think of Morrison, the first thing that comes to mind, aside from his alleged illness, is the shit-kicking that Lennox Lewis put on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I think of Tommyboy I immediately think of his mullet in Rocky37.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    When I think of Tommyboy I immediately think of his mullet in Rocky37.
    I've only ever seen the 1st Rocky movie. I didn't really like it either. I'm sure that's probably sacrilige on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74 View Post
    He's been tested around twenty times already since his comeback(All Negative), If he was dirty some Dr would try to make a name for them self and bring the positive test forward. But he should take a test before the next fight for the non believers and health reasons. All fighters should take them.
    H'm, not convinced by these 'negative' results, far from it.

Put yourself in his position. You're a famous, high-profile case. If you are sure you are not infected, you'd go to any lengths to prove it. You'd appear on television, get a bona fide doctor, independently appointed, have tests conducted through a lab where there could be no doubt whatsoever of the result.

Just think, if he was genuinely misdiagnosed, it would have huge implications. Thousands - tens of thousands of other cases would also have to be reviewed.

Nah! Put it this way, I bet he still takes his medication.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair or not,As long as there Is the One positive result..........he could test negative 200 times and He would still be denied a clearance to fight in anything but Small Locales or State fairs in the States again, If at all.
    Regardless of health and strictly on the comeback,I see this ending Brutaly at some point should he keep rolling the dice.No matter a 4 round "special event" and/or the Grade c or d level guys he'll be fighting. The guidelines and past examples with HIV have been set In a few cases.I remember Ruben Palasious being forced to retire as the reigning Feather champ In the early 90's when He tested positive,at the point of making alot of money .Its a tough call and I hope Morrison Is Negative and lives to be an old man but that S!!! Is not something to Play guess work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The whole HIV thing still has me in wonder but if he has been tested by legit doctors more then once since the return and all came back negative then who are we to stand in a mans way from making a living.....

Though he will never go anywhere at this stage in life but what ever
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's got to be some way, like a series of tests with the results made public, to find out if he actually has AIDS. Like Daxx said, if he doesn't he deserves to be able to make a living.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If another fighter is foolish enough to fight him fair enough.

I feel sorry for the referee and the people ringside though.

If I was a boxing commisioner and couldn't get the fight stopped, I'd at least make sure all my officials were kept safe and dressed like this

Thread Information