Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: <-- CutMeMicks Ringside Exclusive Of Williams-Carlos & Berto-Michael -->(Pics & Vids)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default <-- CutMeMicks Ringside Exclusive Of Williams-Carlos & Berto-Michael -->(Pics & Vids)

What's going on fellas?

Well what a night man... My girl and I head out to Temecula,CA yesterday around 3:15 in the afternoon as fights were slated to start at 5:00. Fucken 91 freeway was packed... The 5 South which I thought would be the busiest wasn't at all. Anyway...

I'll start off with the undercards:

Biggs Jr. vs. Mullins - Biggs dropped Mullins early with a nice bodyshot. Mullins fought back in round 2 and caught Biggs with some good shots.
    Biggs however was too fast for Mullins and pummeled Mullins and dropped him with a sweet combination. Mullins got up but the ref. waived it off.

Lowther vs. Lopez - Lowther reminded me a lot of a young Derrick Gainer moved well not a lot of pop in his punches but technically sound. Lowther outboxed Lopez BUT Lopez got more then his fair shots in. Lopez was landing the harder looping punches but they were also very few and throughout. Good experience for Lowther cause he had live one in Lopez last night. Lowther would catch Lopez coming in while Lopez would loop and pressure Lowther connecting. These 2 kids put on a tremendous show.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: <-- CutMeMicks Ringside Exclusive Of Williams-Carlos & Berto-Michael -->(Pics & V

Chris Arreola vs. Cliff Couser:

I just looked up Arreolas weight for last night and hes still a bit heavy. He came in at 245 on the norm. Chris is at 230 so I'm curious about that now as Chris has weighed 245 for his last 2 fights. Cliff looked like Tyson last night he had the black trunks, black shoes and he was even warming up in the ring with the Tyson head movement and gloves up.

Well what can you say about a 1 round fight other then good job Chris and that Cliff just came for his paycheck.

Here are some pictures from this fight.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: <-- CutMeMicks Ringside Exclusive Of Williams-Carlos & Berto-Michael -->(Pics & V

More Arreola....
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres a small 23 second VIDEO of the end of the fight.
    Arreola-Cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpR4-hy6mSA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quality mick rep up bro. just a lil question you may be able to help me with, how do things work with getting into weigh ins ? Im going to Calzaghe Hopkins, and itll be my first time in Vegas and first time at a big fight so trying to get some info.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre Berto vs. Michael Trabant:
    Very good performance by Berto he put his punches together as usual. Moved well, Michael was game but was clearly out gunned the whole night. From the start you could tell it was only a matter of time before he was stopped. One thing that's good about Berto is that he always looks focused. I mean for the entire fight every round Berto looked like a sniper. The combinations he threw looked blazing fast in person.. Those uppercuts and hooks he threw were sickening fast. Now if only he could get more power in them.

Overall a good step up fight for Berto and something tells me 2008 will be a make' em or break' em year for him.

Here are some pictures...
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More pics...
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More Berto-Trabant...
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice left hook from Berto connects well...
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK View Post
    Heres a small 23 second VIDEO of the end of the fight.
    Arreola-Cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpR4-hy6mSA
    Thanks Mick....way to "put" us In the front row I wanted to see Arreola fight but once I saw Couser as opponent I knew It would be a quicky.
    Couser looks more like The meek and weak version of Bert Cooper there with the back turning as opposed To Tyson Lol. Paycheck Indeed. Thanks for the Pics and first hand breakdown....A pinch o' rep yourway.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright getting hungry here gonna go grab something to eat then I'll be back to post the Williams-Quintana photo gallery....
    Thanks to everyone for the views and comments...

Gally,
    I don't wanna rush a response now since I'm on the go right now. I'll send you detailed PM with some pointers and what I do when I go to press/fights/weigh ins....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK View Post
    Andre Berto vs. Michael Trabant:
    Very good performance by Berto he put his punches together as usual. Moved well, Michael was game but was clearly out gunned the whole night. From the start you could tell it was only a matter of time before he was stopped. One thing that's good about Berto is that he always looks focused. I mean for the entire fight every round Berto looked like a sniper. The combinations he threw looked blazing fast in person.. Those uppercuts and hooks he threw were sickening fast. Now if only he could get more power in them.

Overall a good step up fight for Berto and something tells me 2008 will be a make' em or break' em year for him.

Here are some pictures...
    Right on Mick,Berto looks to have evolved a little and Showed tremendous arsenal,Very fast upper body and very nice accuracy. I think his legs and footwork will need the work next.He Just looks so heavy on the front.....led feet?Had the perfect opponent who just seemed content to play the sponge role. When He gets backed up I think he'll have some problems but he's still building.Imo,still not ready for Tony and the top teir guys.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the pics Mick, you lucky bastard. You're going to Marquez-Vasquez III too, right?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Thanks for the pics Mick, you lucky bastard. You're going to Marquez-Vasquez III too, right?
    Thanks CFH for the comment...
    Yes I'll be very fortunate to be there also.

Thread Information