Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's a bit crude, Pavlik, and doesn't do anything exceptional," Calzaghe said

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default He's a bit crude, Pavlik, and doesn't do anything exceptional," Calzaghe said

check this article, Calzaghe although impressed by Pavlik thinks he could take him

ESPN - If Pavlik moves up to 168, Calzaghe will be waiting - Boxing

I think I agree with him. Joe will be a handful
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: He's a bit crude, Pavlik, and doesn't do anything exceptional," Calzaghe said

Pavlik is fun and exciting to watch, and hits like a hammer, and I like the guy. Thing is though I do think calzaghe could take him, has enough speed and trickery to elude many of pavliks punches, he does like to get hit with right hands though, but I think his chin would be sturdy enough to withstand the ones that came through. It wouldn't be an easy night for either man tho, because both are crazy active throwing like what a 100 punches a round. Who knows though pavlik might just need one perfect shot to land and it might be lights out for calzaghe, it would be awesome if this match up actually happened.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: He's a bit crude, Pavlik, and doesn't do anything exceptional," Calzaghe said

Yes Pavlik is a bit crude , but he has 2 things over Calzaghe.
    1. He fights the best contenders in a strong division.
    2. He throws hard KO punches delivered correctly.

Were as Calzaghe spends 10 years fighting guys Warren DUG FROM THE GRAVE.

And Calzaghe thorw slappy arm punches , delivered like my sister would throw.

I really want to know why all of a sudden Calzaghe has such a big mouth
    He has fought in a very weak division . and held the WBO JOKE title ,for the most part,
    Now he fights a BIG NAME in Hopkins but lets not forget Taylor got 2 wins over Hopkins , also the guy is 43 !!!!!!
    Bit late Joe , in fact to much to little to late.
    And to sum up , Calzaghe said after winning sport personality of the year in the uk ,
    " people now know who i am in the street "
    Well Joe you have been SM champ for 10 years , and nobody takes the rigged sports personality of the year seriously in the uk , so that sums up how BIG you are when nobody in the Street knew who you were lol
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

He has fought in a very weak division . and held the WBO JOKE title ,for the most part,
    Now he fights a BIG NAME in Hopkins but lets not forget Taylor got 2 wins over Hopkins , also the guy is 43 !!!!!!
    And to sum up , Calzaghe said after winning sport personality of the year in the uk ,
    Well Joe you have been SM champ for 10 years , and nobody takes the rigged sports personality of the year seriously in the uk , so that sums up how BIG you are when nobody in the Street knew who you were lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was about to criticise Al's post as well until I noticed his picture, he looks like a serial killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fair enough pavlik ain't flashy, fast, slick or whatever but what he does is truly effective, he goes in their and knocks people out (he basically cleaned out the division and made miranda and taylor run off to super middleweight) and if you go to a decision you gonna leave with a battered body, his jab/right cross is one of the best in the sport (wlad obviously takes it), great chin and at middleweight he throws plenty, he is a hard fight for anyone at middleweight and super middleweight.
    Last edited by Pugilistic; 02-22-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take it you dont like Calzaghe then? He has beat the best the SM division has to offer, it aint his fault that the divison has been weak over the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog View Post
    check this article, Calzaghe although impressed by Pavlik thinks he could take him

ESPN - If Pavlik moves up to 168, Calzaghe will be waiting - Boxing

I think I agree with him. Joe will be a handful
    I would love nothing more than to see Joe floored, especially by someone as powerful as Pavlik, but I think Joe would take him out, just like he did to Kessler.. They both come forward and come to fight, and they work off of their jab and generally just throw 1,2's.. Simple fight, and a crazy style like Joe's has beaten a guy like Pavlik before..

With that said, when you look at someone like Sakio Bika who gave Joe a run for his money, it gets interesting when Joe fights unorthodox fighters.. The guy whos name comes to mind is B HOP.. This is why i think BHOP has a chance against Joe..

In other news.. 500 POSTS !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we go with the 43yrs old excuses already....Hopkins was never in a rush to fight Calzaghe as neither was Jones (Self Admittingly).....

Calzaghe pretty much legitimized the WBO title at SMW....Does Joe have some gimme opp...Yes he does I will be the first to admit that but everything else you posted on this is just BS...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nobody takes the rigged sports personality of the year seriously in the uk
    You are joking?

After Zara phillips wan it we get a deserving winner and you think its rigged, who better deserved it? Joe wan on merit

World champ for 10 years then beats the young strong unified title holder everyone thought was better than joe and easily

Joe would piiss all over Pavlik who is strong but slow, everyone who is agressive has given Taylor fits, saying that though, Pavlik would make a very good match up for Joe, more meaning full than Hopkins, a current recognised champ coming off good wins with an exciting but beatable style.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with joe...but still don't think he'd beat pavlik.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe brings up an interesting match: Kessler V Pavlik. And I agree Kessler would win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by richard (mossley) View Post
    Calzaghe brings up an interesting match: Kessler V Pavlik. And I agree Kessler would win.
    I think Kessler would go in confident, then feel what Kelly is dishing out. He will then start fighting defensively because Kelly will be so strong. That will fall into Pavlik's trap and Pavlik will walk him down over 8 or 9 rounds.

Pavlik KO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe will get exposed in a while . Hopkins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I totally agree that most of Joe's opponents have not been world class but he HAS beaten the world class fighters just as easily as those guys. This is fact.

Thread Information