Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHO HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE UNDISPUTED CHAMP AT 140?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WHO HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE UNDISPUTED CHAMP AT 140?

WHO DO YOU THINK HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME UNDISPUTED JR. WELTERWEIGHT CHAMP OF THE WORLD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WHO HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE UNDISPUTED CHAMP AT 140?

PBF- too chicken shit?
    kosta- looking to retire?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto & Hatton are the future!!! Witter could win a version!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya is CURRENTLY but when he retires maybe gatti or pbf.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Tszyu (maybe 3 fights left, maybe at 147lbs)
    2. Mayweather (will beat Gatti but probably move up to be P4P rather than stay at 140lbs)
    3. Cotto (Probably move up to 147lbs)
    4. Hatton (all will be revealed in a few weeks can dominate if hes as good as I think he is)
    5. Witter (underated I think he could beat Mayweather)
    6. Harris (overated)
    7. Gatti (will retire after PBF KO's him in 7 rounds)

Difficult to speculate at this stage
    Harris and Witter need big fights Witter can be the best if he gets a break
    Hatton and Tszyu collide if Tszyu wins he should fight PBF, If Hatton wins he might face Cotto, I doubt PBF will ever meet Hatton)
    PBF will KO Gatti and Gatti will retire, what PBF does will depend on money and the P4P list (stupid idea) PBF will proberly move up but he shouldn't may depend on DLH and if Tszyu wins
    I still think Cotto is awesome but he could get caught out struggling to make weight more likely to dominate at 147lbs should be forced to fight Witter which would be a GREAT fight

In conclusion I have no idea who will dominate at 140lbs
    maybe Chazez Jnr or Amir Kahn

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats petty much the way I see it too, there are alot of talented fighters in the 140 division and more to come too, I'd be surprised if anyone could be dominant for a lengthy period of time in that company.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you punch drunk but I had a thought, let's just suppose that elimination was just held and Kostya was in it for those three hard fights and just left after taking it. I think that Floyd moght just be overwhelmed by Hatton, assuming of course he gets by Gatti. For all sense and purpose and I know Floyd is the favorite in this fight, I like the limited Gatti to be in this touranament because it's all about ducking the odds. I don't see Cotto in here either because let's face it, no one wants to diet forever and I'll bet dolllars to donuts, he snuck over to the refridgerator with his stomach growling. tat's probably why he gets caught, all that noise. Since I don't bet with my heart, I'll keep the picks just the way the way yo make them and we'll see just how they appease us fans in the near future. Well gotta go for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF

next question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 gatti (after he beats pbf he trumps zoo who only has to whip lil ricky boy)--greatest warrior in history of boxing finally gets a chance to shine--would faltten hatton inside 5 rds

2 zoo --- gatti-zoo by the end of the year would be an awesome war --to settle it all at 140--should finish hatton quick in match coming up---my prediction is rd 2

3 pbf--should prob look at 147 pd judah or back down to 135 to face diego again--which may be a totally differnet fight this time around--it would be funny to see pbf get ktfo by gatti then move down and get ktfo by diego---would embarass ricky hatton worse then winky did tito and prob knock hatton tfo

4 viv harris--big underrated------dangerous guy nobody seems to want--apparently he was to young and viable for ricky hatton--would kayo ricky if ricky didint duck him

5 cotto---big for division good fighter--but very beatable as corley let us know--would kayo hatton in 1 rd though--too big strong and athletic--ricky would never go near him

6 witter--another guy like harris nobody wants to fight--another guy ricky hatton ducked --would blister ricky and knock him out

7 corley---give this guy some credit---close split loss against judah, rocked pbf and shook him while going the distance, and roughed up cotto a bit before a very premature stoppage prevented us from finding out if he could have upset cotto--this guy is tough and i think corley would beat hatton via close decision--lack of power keeps ricky in game

8 sharmba mitchell---looked pedestrian against zoo but good give alot of guys a tussle--still 3 yrs away from being an opponent for ricky hatton--hed box his ears off still at this point

9 lovemore ndou--tough vet who will give anyone a tussle ---alot like corley---not washed up enough for ricky--probably win a close decision against ricky

10 oktay urkal-gave harris a tough fight and is solid--another guy who would probably beat ricky hatton of course hes 35 so hes almost ripe for a hatton encounter--id give ricky a 50-50 shot in this one--but rememebr thi guy is underrated and tough--lost close md to harris and went the distance with zoo--which is 10 rds longer then ricky is gonna last

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lawhoops-

you are a fucking idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why am i an idiot--thats a pretty good scouting rpt
    im just statingthe facts--ricky hatton is an overprotected overhyped bum who will get exposed against a true pro like zoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LawHoops
    1Â gatti (after he beats pbf he trumps zoo who only has to whip lil ricky boy)--greatest warrior in history of boxing finally gets a chance to shine--would faltten hatton inside 5 rds

2 zoo --- gatti-zoo by the end of the year would be an awesome war --to settle it all at 140--should finish hatton quick in match coming up---my prediction is rd 2

3Â pbf--should prob look at 147 pd judah or back down to 135 to face diego again--which may be a totally differnet fight this time around--it would be funny to see pbf get ktfo by gatti then move down and get ktfo by diego---would embarass ricky hatton worse then winky did tito and prob knock hatton tfo

4Â viv harris--big underrated------dangerous guy nobody seems to want--apparently he was to young and viable for ricky hatton--would kayo ricky if ricky didint duck him

5Â cotto---big for division good fighter--but very beatable as corley let us know--would kayo hatton in 1 rd though--too big strong and athletic--ricky would never go near him

6Â witter--another guy like harris nobody wants to fight--another guy ricky hatton ducked --would blister ricky and knock him out

7 corley---give this guy some credit---close split loss against judah, rocked pbf and shook him while going the distance, and roughed up cotto a bit before a very premature stoppage prevented us from finding out if he could have upset cotto--this guy is tough and i think corley would beat hatton via close decision--lack of power keeps ricky in game

8Â sharmba mitchell---looked pedestrian against zoo but good give alot of guys a tussle--still 3 yrs away from being an opponent for ricky hatton--hed box his ears off still at this point

9 lovemore ndou--tough vet who will give anyone a tussle ---alot like corley---not washed up enough for ricky--probably win a close decision against ricky

10 oktay urkal-gave harris a tough fight and is solid--another guy who would probably beat ricky hatton of course hes 35 so hes almost ripe for a hatton encounter--id give ricky a 50-50 shot in this one--but rememebr thi guy is underrated and tough--lost close md to harris and went the distance with zoo--which is 10 rds longer then ricky is gonna last
    lol you took a shot at Hatton in every single fighter listed. You just do not like hatton.

Have you honestly ever actually seen him fight?

I'm simply convinced Hatton will beat Tszyu now that Tszyu has your backing. And I'm seriously considering changing my opinion that Gatti will beat PBF. Seriously, mate, you have that effect on people. You simply do not get anything right and you ain't dragging me down with you.

PBF by UD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LawHoops
    why am i an idiot--thats a pretty good scouting rpt
    im just statingthe facts--ricky hatton is an overprotected overhyped bum who will get exposed against a true pro like zoo

What do you base that on? You probably haven't even seen him fight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lawloops has never seen a Hatton fight.

Fact.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clydey_2_Times

I'm simply convinced Hatton will beat Tszyu now that Tszyu has your backing. And I'm seriously considering changing my opinion that Gatti will beat PBF. Seriously, mate, you have that effect on people. You simply do not get anything right and you ain't dragging me down with you.
    People like that generally do. Don't give in to the dark side.

Thread Information