Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Klitschko v Ibragimov - World Heavyweight Title UNIFICATION DRBR

Evning guys,

Don't think I need to throw too many previews in for this one, and unfortunately Wacko isn't around so much at the moment, so I'll throw my hat into the ring, and see what sort of punt I can make of the biggest fight in the heavyweights in years.

I'll also have a look at some of the undercard fights, especially the entertaining John Duddy. We've all made our predictions, so lets see who's got their finger closest to the heavyweight pulse!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko v Ibragimov - World Heavyweight Title UNIFICATION DRBR

Looks like Wackos really got into one... I just hope all is well with him and whatever issues he may be having I hope he get's thru them.

Superheavy... Sending some Rep. your way for stepping up to do the round by round....
    well done.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry for the late posting of the thread, I've just got back from work a few hours ago, and working 2-12 shifts has really thrown my head into turmoil, especially with a couple of overtime shifts too.

Anyhow, the action has just started here, and going into the start of the third round of the first fight here on Sky Sports (UK) 'Mean' Joe Greene is opening a can of whupass on Francisco Mora with some effective single shots and combinations, with Mora really not having too much and Greene looking super-sharp and strong.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here in the fourth Mora keeps kneeling down complaining about low-blows, and he really is not interested in this fight at all. He's counted to 8 on the second time, and Joe Greene is well out of his league tonight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Sorry for the late posting of the thread, I've just got back from work a few hours ago, and working 2-12 shifts has really thrown my head into turmoil, especially with a couple of overtime shifts too.
    You truely are a blue collar guy...

Cheers!!! Rhun I just cracked open a Corona...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I PM'ed Mick before about this. Would have stepped forward but not gunna have a comp in front of me. Staying at my girlfriends, otherwise I would have stepped up. Cheers Rhun, your a legend. Have some rep buddy and I'll log on tomorrow to read it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't exactly say I'm blue collar, I work in a bank call centre at the moment, which utterly mind numbing and for me is harder than other jobs I've done, like cutting turf.

Joe Greene seems to be relaxing in there, and not going after Mora too much, looking to get some rounds in is the speculation by the commentators. I'll be honest, its the firs time I've seen him, and he reminds me a lot of Anthony Smaill, if not perhaps significantly better and a little quicker. Mora is still hanging in there, but seemingly no reason for him to stick around apart from looking to survive the 12. Greene should finish him if he wants, but could well just cruise through for the points win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the look of this Greene fella . His footwork and coordination seem super sharp . He is accurate and has impressive reflexes . Abit like a southpaw Floyd Mayweather .

Mora needs to try and get a dq win next time he gets hit low .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Way to jump In Rhun....gotta love the RBR's.Ive got the punch power of a pissed off Cory spinks but have a hit o' rep I'll stick to the not so big cards to attempt a RBR.....after a few to many on the weekend It gets messy lol

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mora really is doing little more in there than getting hit and missing Greene, and a bundle of these rounds could have gone down as 10-8 rounds when Mora goes down. Joe Greene is circling a little, looks like he fancies putting in a 12-round points win, even though he could knock him out if he wanted to. Personally, even though Greene has lost a point, he'll win this by 15 or 16 unless there's a big turnaround.

Mora's ear is also getting pretty big and swollen, and Greene is just pounding away for round after round.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit of a judging disaster in there at the end of the tenth, as Mora slumps to his corner and doesn't get up. The ref is talking to the doctor, who is telling the corner to pull him out, which the corner won't do. Greene gets up for the 11th, and Mora is still on the floor, never made it to his chair, and eventually the ref gets the message and calls this off....probably three or four rounds too late really.

Next up is "Ireland's" John Duddy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn shame HBO seems to have lost Interest & belief in airing undercard bouts for the most part. Would have liked to have seen Greene and Duddy.Sounds like Greene Is developing nicely

El Kabong Guest

I don't know about any other Wlad fans, but I am still a little nervous about Sultan being a southpaw......I really worry about that but mainly that's because of Corrie Sanders, I think Wlad can and SHOULD KO Sultan but I always get nervous before his fights.

GO WLAD!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Duddy getting a big reception in there, and his opponent looks nervous, and also a little short facing up to him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I don't know about any other Wlad fans, but I am still a little nervous about Sultan being a southpaw......I really worry about that but mainly that's because of Corrie Sanders, I think Wlad can and SHOULD KO Sultan but I always get nervous before his fights.

GO WLAD!
    No doubt,Those are hard images to get out of ones mind.Call it chin,call it Stamina,whatever....Sanders the southpaw found him with ease but that was then. I think Wlad will keep Sultan out.

Any links to The Duddy fight ?? anyone?

Thread Information