Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Klitschko Fights Like He's Scared To Death

I just have to say that I am getting sick of the things wlad has been getting away with. He hits and and as soon his opponent he holds or pushes them down so blatantly that it's a miracle he hasn't lost even a point yet. It's despicable actually.

He has all the tools but lacks heart. Sad to see such a great talent fighting in such a fashion. Even Manny was disapointed in him so wladdy fans don't be mad at me because it's not just me.

Just had to air that out. Feel better now.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko Fights Like He's Scared To Death

Its up to the guys fighting him to find a way around his jab hold technique. Wlad would be well aware his glass chin is his major weakness and is fighting to protect it. I know its not the most exciting style to watch but if it wins him fights u cannot blame him for doing it.

El Kabong Guest

He fights smart and like any smart fighter it's not pleasant to watch sometimes.

Make no doubt about it Wladimir has a killer instinct but he has been brought from the ground up mentally and psychologically as a fighter since the debacles vs Sanders and Brewster.

He fought Sultan Ibragimov in the manner he did because Sultan was waiting to slip the right cross and catch Wladimir off balance. Also when he chose to jump on Corrie Sanders it didn't end well so why would he want to jump on Sultan Ibragimov, another southpaw with some pop in his punch...was Sultan's style so difficult he couldn't have been knocked out? NO, but it just didn't happen. I am absolutely sure Wladimir will make up for this performance vs Povetkin as Wladimir knows he needs to be THE MAN of the division.

It was a sorry performance but hey it's very hard to look good against a southpaw....but it's very easy to look bad vs one. So I respect your view of the last fight and understand you questioning Wlad's tactics but ALL great champions bend the rules.....name me any great heavyweight champion and I'll show you how they bent the rules their way....Wlad is just carrying on a time honored tradition

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Its up to the guys fighting him to find a way around his jab hold technique. Wlad would be well aware his glass chin is his major weakness and is fighting to protect it. I know its not the most exciting style to watch but if it wins him fights u cannot blame him for doing it.
    This "jab and hold" is a misconception of Wladimir's style...I could understand it vs Sam Peter but in this fight, the only time Wlad held was when Sultan came at him or when he threw a right cross and got out of his range by being in too close and it wasn't that often.

Sultan has a difficult style....it was your typical orthodox-southpaw fight, only no headbutts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not his fault, he is haunted by the memory of the Ko defeats to Sanders and Brewster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    There's not much to do about it. The ref has to do a better job and if I'm fighting him, I would tell him prior to the fight to watch for it.

It's too much and going beyond what's considered tying up. It's outright illegal holding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko just made the fight he prepared for against a counter puncher southpaw. The problem is that this type of fight is too boring for the fans who are paying. This was like a sparring sesion intead of a real fight. I give credit to Klitschko for sticking to his game plan, but I hope in the future he finds the way of using additional resources besides his jab and finish the fights in a more impressive way.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    He fights smart and like any smart fighter it's not pleasant to watch sometimes.

Make no doubt about it Wladimir has a killer instinct but he has been brought from the ground up mentally and psychologically as a fighter since the debacles vs Sanders and Brewster.

He fought Sultan Ibragimov in the manner he did because Sultan was waiting to slip the right cross and catch Wladimir off balance. Also when he chose to jump on Corrie Sanders it didn't end well so why would he want to jump on Sultan Ibragimov, another southpaw with some pop in his punch...was Sultan's style so difficult he couldn't have been knocked out? NO, but it just didn't happen. I am absolutely sure Wladimir will make up for this performance vs Povetkin as Wladimir knows he needs to be THE MAN of the division.

It was a sorry performance but hey it's very hard to look good against a southpaw....but it's very easy to look bad vs one. So I respect your view of the last fight and understand you questioning Wlad's tactics but ALL great champions bend the rules.....name me any great heavyweight champion and I'll show you how they bent the rules their way....Wlad is just carrying on a time honored tradition
    Wassup Lyle....I was expecting you.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post
    Klitschko just made the fight he prepared for against a counter puncher southpaw. The problem is that this type of fight is too boring for the fans who are paying. This was like a sparring sesion intead of a real fight. I give credit to Klitschko for sticking to his game plan, but I hope in the future he finds the way of using additional resources besides his jab and finish the fights in a more impressive way.
    Besides his jab, and without that annoying and amateurish slapping motion he kept making all night.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Besides his jab, and without that annoying and amateurish slapping motion he kept making all night.
    Sultan had his arm extended and Wlad AND Vitali have always used the slapping down of the front guard to land the right cross....if you spar any, you might want to try that, it works really well

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sultan had his arm extended and Wlad AND Vitali have always used the slapping down of the front guard to land the right cross....if you spar any, you might want to try that, it works really well
    When you do it for 12 rounds, it's called "boring."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    When you do it for 12 rounds, it's called "boring."
    Well no one is happy with how the fight was fought...I am just happy that Wlad won.

Southpaws are no fun to fight....for ANYBODY

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well no one is happy with how the fight was fought...I am just happy that Wlad won.

Southpaws are no fun to fight....for ANYBODY
    Don't get me wrong. Wlad's about the closest thing to a good heavyweight we've got nowadays. He's certainly got the size and the physical tools (power, athleticism). But damn it! He needs to fight up to his incredible potential. Hmm... but now that you mention southpaw, maybe he still has visions of Sanders haunting his mind.

El Kabong Guest

I don't think he was "scared" ....cautious maybe but not scared....if he was scared he would have loaded up more on the right cross and it wouldn't have been thrown as well and he would have been easier to counter.

Wladimir fought smart....boring but smart.

He didn't make fans happy the other night but the bar has been lowered for him since that night and when he comes back and KO's whoever he fights I am sure more people will be pleased with how he fought but there will still be a solid group of people who dislike Wladimir.....you can't please everyone all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Klitschko Fights Like He's Scared To Death

It's ironic to see lil' Klitschko not filling his brothers shoes. You would think that he has all the right tools he would do alot more damage. I know he and his brother are two different fighters but he needs heart. He fights cautiously for someone who has a great reach. Part of boxing is getting hit it comes with the territory. The other is just what it is.....a victorious outcome whether it was boring or not.

Thread Information