Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sugar Ray Leonard movie.

Sorry if this has already been posted..

Sugar Ray Leonard is having a movie made about his life. It's being made by red cinema Which is co-owned by Tony larussa (baseball mgr. for those who don't now)..

Check it out..

The Sugar Ray Leonard Movie | Red Bird Cinema
    "I got a million dollar body and a ten cent brain."
    - Max Baer

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard movie.

I can't wait for this. Thank you. Sugar Ray Leonard is tops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sweet, I can't wait for this film. I wonder what actor will end up playing sugar ray. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Sugar Ray Leonard movie.

Alright their boxing fans!Sounds like a good film,it should be great!Well it'll have to be if it's based on his brilliant boxing career.I know that their bringing another Tyson Movie out soon which should be good too.Jamie Fox is playing Iron Mike Tysons part.Talk about Boxing film!,Which one do you like most and why?One of my best is THE HURRICANE which stars the awsome Denzel Washington as the fact based boxer Rubin"Harricane"Carter.
    Last edited by yvonne; 02-27-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Alright their boxing fans!Sounds like a good film,it should be great!Well it'll have to be if it's based on his brilliant boxing career.I know that their bringing another Tyson Movie out soon which should be good too.Jamie Fox is playing Iron Mike Tysons part.Talk about Boxing film!,Which one do you like most and why?One of my best is THE HURRICANE which stars the awsome Denzel Washington as the fact based boxer Rubin"Harricane"Carter.
    I can't wait to see both films I liked the movie HBO did about Mike Tyson earlier with Jai White as tyson.

I think I heard from someone on this board before that the Hurricane movie with Denzell most of it was fabricated not true to make the movie better, I could be wrong though. But I still did like that movie even if it wasn't the whole truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same here mate i think both films will be worth the wait to watch.I can remember watching one of the Tysons movies a couple of years ago.Mind you i think their made a few films based on Tyson i think.Im sure theres more than just the one.I think the new one could settle the score straight on the different views on him in and out of the ring.It will be interesting thats for sure.Im not sure if the full length of the Hurricane film is all on 100%facts either,thats one of the reasons im planning on getting the book.I've been wanting to read it for a while.I will find and buy it soon.Do you know if theres ever been a film dedicated to the legendary"ROCKY MARCINANO"if so i'd be glad if you could give me some feedback on how it's like.What a Boxing Legend he was and still is!!
    Last edited by yvonne; 02-27-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good news and cant wait to see them, I heard they were bringing a film out about "Irish Mickey Ward" with Mark wahlberg playing Mickey, this would be cool but havent heard anything on it for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alrirght they!I heard about that as well.I heard about it about a year ago but like you mentioned there has been no more futher news about it.Nicky "IRISH"Ward was a great fighter as well.Mark Wahlberg should play a gud part as him.He looks similar in features.Raging Bull is another great boxing film depicting the life of Jake Laymota.Who else could there be in the great game of boxing to make a film on?.....ROCKY MARCIANO has to be one if there have'nt already have!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gally View Post
    Good news and cant wait to see them, I heard they were bringing a film out about "Irish Mickey Ward" with Mark wahlberg playing Mickey, this would be cool but havent heard anything on it for a while.
    Speaking of the movie about Mickey Ward, the name of the movie is "The Fighter" it has Mark Wahlberg and Brad Pitts suppose to be in it also.

Its funny because I just got done reading a book called "The Fighter" by Craig Davidson (I definately recomend this book if you want a good read I couldn't put the dang thing down, its one of those books that can change your life. Its not about mickey ward) and I frequent his website often he had a blog saying that people were emailing him asking if this new movie "The Fighter" about Mickey Ward was at all in referance to his book, his response to the emails he was recieving was "Go buy a copy and find out for yourself" I thought it was funny because he we was pretty much making some book sales off this movie that in no way has anything to do with his book, I thought it was funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Sugar Ray Leonard movie.

Hi they,is "THE FIGHTER" book you mentioned earlier based on a real boxing career or is it an Autobiography based on a boxer,if so who is it based on?I can recommend "NO ORDINARY JOE"a autobiography on the life of the undefeated Super-middleweight champ JOE CALZAGHE.I read it last year and its a really appealing read!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They need to do Ray Robinson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Hi they,is "THE FIGHTER" book you mentioned earlier based on a real boxing career or is it an Autobiography based on a boxer,if so who is it based on?I can recommend "NO ORDINARY JOE"a autobiography on the life of the undefeated Super-middleweight champ JOE CALZAGHE.I read it last year and its a really appealing read!
    Actually the book "The Fighter" is Fiction novel, its not based on anyones life, but I'm telling you man its an excellent book. Here's the synopsis.

"Paul Harris leads a sheltered existence. The son of a Niagara winery owner, his suits and cars are paid for, his career in the family business assured. He is insulated from the rough realities of life—until a vicious barroom beating sets him down a new path.
    Rob Tully also feels that his life is on a set course. A born boxer with natural talent, Rob trains with his father, Reuben, and his uncle Tommy, both of whom believe that a gift like his can change their lives.
    Rob and Paul's fathers want so much more for their sons than they ever had themselves, but both sons are determined to find their own way. While Paul descends into the world of hardcore bodybuilders and boxing gyms, Rob struggles under the expectations set upon his young shoulders.
    Their disparate paths lead to The Barn, an underground fight venue where vicious and hopeless men brawl for cold hard cash. No rules, no limits, no brakes. And when two fighters step into a ring where anything goes, sometimes only one walks out.
    Set in the violent world of illegal bare-knuckle boxing, The Fighter unflinchingly captures that world's colourful denizens, its bleakness, its bracing and bloody violence. Written with the power and originality of Craig Davidson's debut fiction, Rust and Bone, The Fighter secures his reputation as a talent to watch with this reflection on fathers and sons and on the ultimate question of how a modern man makes his way in today's society"

Give it read man, I'm sure you will love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright they mate.Cheers for the brief insight on the THE FIGHTER novel mate.It sounds really good.It has a good pace storyline by the sound of it.I'll have to get hold of it and have a read for sure!It would'nt surprise me if their make a film based on that novel,it sounds good enough soo.Have you read or heard of a book called THE GOVERNOR?It's an autobiography based on Lenny McCanne,a bare knuckle fighter/Minder for THE KRAY TWINS from england.I read it about 5years ago and was hooked from the first page.
    Talking of Bare Knuckle Fighters...I found a section of videos on Youtube on a fighter who calls himself KIMBO.Man there are some RAW fights on that site.If your interested go to Bare Knuckle Videos on the Youtube.
    Last edited by yvonne; 02-28-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my fave fighter of all time....will definately be going to see this....wonder when it will be released and i hope they get a great actor to play ray becuase as his out the ring experiences are in there it will take a good actor with the detached retire, coke addiction etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney View Post
    my fave fighter of all time....will definately be going to see this....wonder when it will be released and i hope they get a great actor to play ray becuase as his out the ring experiences are in there it will take a good actor with the detached retire, coke addiction etc.
    Thats what I was thinking. I'm really curious to know who will end up playing the part. You would think that it would be a pretty well known actor or someone that is really good actor. Maybe Cuba Gooding Jr. or something I dont know.

Thread Information