Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Casual boxing fans and even some hardcore boxing fans are a JOKE.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Casual boxing fans and even some hardcore boxing fans are a JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Pride you know you are well liked by myself and the other forum members which is why it hurts me to tell you......

YOU'RE A FREAKING MORON!

A heavyweight is a heavyweight is a heavyweight...anyone over 205 POST TRAINING is big enough to hurt anyone else bigger than them. RJJ-Ruiz should have taught you that....or Louis-Carnera or Dempsey-Willard....the list goes on

The last great heavyweight fight to watch...hell there are ALWAYS great heavyweight fights to watch BUT sometimes they aren't shown on TV. The last great televised one was in my opinion Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis two fucking huge fighters going toe to toe and not giving a damn about defense.

Remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixiIyOEwYd4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tZM_nMTVs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbtsNVas-M8
    I defy anyone to tell me that wasn't an AWESOME heavyweight fight....problems are though, that #1 It was ended due to a cut and #2 Vitali and Lennox never had a rematch
    Stop hijacking my thread.

For boxing fans this fight is as big as any, the casual fan doesn't have any real reason to watch looking at it from thier point of view. They assume these are just quick little guys who can't hit very hard (very untrue) they aren't starting race wars or throwing million dollar bills in the air everywhere they go, niether are undeafeated, both live pretty normal lives. It's what most casual boxing fans always miss out on...a plain ole good damn fight, but that alone isn't enough for people these days part of the reason mma is what it is...most casual fans are bloodthirsty and could care less about the skill of the sweet science. I like most here have been looking forward to this weekend for awhile now...-Mar

CC on me my friend,very true. I just don't understand why casual fans think like that. And rmemeber,this fight is not just 2 club style brawlers going at it like Ward and Gatti,these 2 are superbly skilled,the title is on the line and both are P4P or close.

El Kabong Guest

What are you talking about "hijacking your thread"?

I am trying to make a point that heavyweights can still fight...they CAN, it doesn't mean they WILL. It's like going on a safari, sometimes you get to see a ton of different animals and sometimes you just drive around the Sahara wasting gas....it's just the luck of the draw and the style matchup. Sure people care about the little guys fighting, infact they usually out perform the heavyweights....and the lighter weights have more styles, better training (usually), more punches, more power punches, and they are more prone to mixing it up....how many fight of the year candidates have been from 175 and up the past 10 years

As for the MMA fans or ignorant guys who just catch a fight here and there...there is no use in trying to explain everything to them all at once, there is too much to appreciate and people who have never actually fought will never understand how hard some of the stuff these fighters do is. And for some people it's just not worth trying to get them to see what true fans of boxing see....they want the specticle of the sport, the trash talking, show boating, and blood.....so they probably need to go turn the tv to WWE because they don't care and will never care about the purity of the sport, "the sweet science" and therefore they don't understand the sport in general and anything they say about it is usually utter bullcrap.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The worst thing about this fight is I can't get it on UK TV which means I have to download Sopcast software and hope I can find a link for the fight on here Saturday night. I have to work the weekend anyway so I'm probably going to be stuck at home trying to get a link or watching a crappy choppy/freezing picture.

I'm hoping somebody has the download up on the filesharing board asap after the fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The worst thing about this fight is I can't get it on UK TV which means I have to download Sopcast software and hope I can find a link for the fight on here Saturday night. I have to work the weekend anyway so I'm probably going to be stuck at home trying to get a link or watching a crappy choppy/freezing picture.

I'm hoping somebody has the download up on the filesharing board asap after the fight.
    Check the other board I will post a link to the place that will tell you the correct sop channel. For the U.K. members that don't get Showtime.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Check the other board I will post a link to the place that will tell you the correct sop channel. For the U.K. members that don't get Showtime.
    Thanks.

In a non-gay way.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    Possibly the biggest fight of the year, a fight of the year contender,one of the greatest trilogies ever,and probably the best trilogy most of us will see in our lifetimes and hardly any talk about it. Heck I'm not even sure the tickets have sold out yet. People are so excited and willing to justify gimmick matches(RJJV TITO_) and pointless matches(Oscar v Floyd 2) yet when it comes to HUGE MATCHES like Rafa v Isreal 3, no-one bats an eyelid. Incredible.
    As much as I hate It ,Its nothing New at all.I always think of one of the greatest fighters to live...Ricardo Lopez and how he took a back seat alot of times On off air title defenses and/or as the co feature to the main event .I think Heavys are overstated and "Lower" weights are underrated. As stated prior If they were heavy's or some "Celeb" fight along the lines of Tito-Jones jr. Or DeLaHypa vs. Mayweather 2 or A Tyson comeback Vs. A circus bear It would be different and might have about 10 threads also.Dont believe the hype.
    Its Immportant to remember that we the year end and year out fans have a lot of influence as a whole.Keep the names and great over looked (Mass Media)Matches and fighters on the conciousness and In the face of Casual followers and the Shallow media.Marquez And Vasquez have infact generated many memorable rounds and deserve the Attention and respect of all fans and pundits alike.On this Site I have no doubt at all that they have that from us.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 02-29-2008 at 03:41 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    Possibly the biggest fight of the year, a fight of the year contender,one of the greatest trilogies ever,and probably the best trilogy most of us will see in our lifetimes and hardly any talk about it. Heck I'm not even sure the tickets have sold out yet. People are so excited and willing to justify gimmick matches(RJJV TITO_) and pointless matches(Oscar v Floyd 2) yet when it comes to HUGE MATCHES like Rafa v Isreal 3, no-one bats an eyelid. Incredible.
    I know EXACTLY how you feel.... Check out the dates on this thread I made. I replied to myself 3 times before anyone bothered to.

Oh! no but wait Zabs fighting again... Let's fucken make 5 different threads about it...
    Bernard "Hold, hug, hold, hold, hold, punch" Hopkins is fighting let's make 15 different threads about it...

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ll-access.html

I gotta say I take pride in being a Saddonian but I will admit I feel let down this time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For what it's worth, I am so stoked about this fight, maybe as much or more than Pavlik/Taylor II, and definately more than I was for Klit/Rubble.
    This one will be a classic I'd be willing to bet. I am a joke though
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think some of the big reasons this fight isn't getting the attention has to do with for one, being on Showtime. And secondly their last fight probably wasn't seen by many boxing fans. Remember Morales-Diaz was the same night. I for one am very exciting about this fight. But it would probably would of helped this one getting attention by these guys taking some other fights after the first fight and raising their status. If HBO was showing it thought they'd have it hyped for a while now

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Bump

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK View Post
    I know EXACTLY how you feel.... Check out the dates on this thread I made. I replied to myself 3 times before anyone bothered to.

Oh! no but wait Zabs fighting again... Let's fucken make 5 different threads about it...
    Bernard "Hold, hug, hold, hold, hold, punch" Hopkins is fighting let's make 15 different threads about it...

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ll-access.html

I gotta say I take pride in being a Saddonian but I will admit I feel let down this time...
    OMFG Hatton's ducking Witter

Thread Information