Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Casual boxing fans and even some hardcore boxing fans are a JOKE.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Casual boxing fans and even some hardcore boxing fans are a JOKE.

Possibly the biggest fight of the year, a fight of the year contender,one of the greatest trilogies ever,and probably the best trilogy most of us will see in our lifetimes and hardly any talk about it. Heck I'm not even sure the tickets have sold out yet. People are so excited and willing to justify gimmick matches(RJJV TITO_) and pointless matches(Oscar v Floyd 2) yet when it comes to HUGE MATCHES like Rafa v Isreal 3, no-one bats an eyelid. Incredible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Casual boxing fans and even some hardcore boxing fans are a JOKE.

For those of you that are interested,here is an EXCELLENT preview of the fight.

ESPN - Vazquez, Marquez set for war … again - Boxing

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Question Re: Casual boxing fans and even some hardcore boxing fans are a JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    For those of you that are interested,here is an EXCELLENT preview of the fight.

ESPN - Vazquez, Marquez set for war … again - Boxing

Thank you Gamo, always offering up great sourced material. DO you have anything on JMM's training camp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yo Bro,I got a fighter in the ring this weekend myself
    Otherwise I might order it up,trust me I know about it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Yo Bro,I got a fighter in the ring this weekend myself
    Otherwise I might order it up,trust me I know about it
    The fight is free bro although if your busy,then that's cool.Actually,no,it's not! Let your fighter watch this fight and see how 2 fighters can brawl with skill. These are 2 POUND FOR POUND fighters imo. The feints,technique,power,jab,how to get inside,it's all in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Thank you Gamo, always offering up great sourced material. DO you have anything on JMM's training camp?
    You're welcome my friend. I do actually.Give me a second bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is free bro although if your busy,then that's cool.Actually,no,it's not! Let your fighter watch this fight and see how 2 fighters can brawl with skill. These are 2 POUND FOR POUND fighters imo. The feints,technique,power,jab,how to get inside,it's all in this fight.

You're welcome my friend. I do actually.Give me a second bro.
    Id have to order Showtime
    I might see if its Sopcast though,it'll give me something to do when Im having my normal I tossed a fighter in to the ring heart failure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol! AddictedTB,check you PM's/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's not much debating because we're pretty sure we know what we're in for. I'll be up til the crazy hours to catch this one.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Possibly the biggest fight of the year, a fight of the year contender,one of the greatest trilogies ever,and probably the best trilogy most of us will see in our lifetimes and hardly any talk about it. Heck I'm not even sure the tickets have sold out yet. People are so excited and willing to justify gimmick matches(RJJV TITO_) and pointless matches(Oscar v Floyd 2) yet when it comes to HUGE MATCHES like Rafa v Isreal 3, no-one bats an eyelid. Incredible.
    I'd be interested if the fight was being shown in the UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was on Setanta?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not talking about debating. I just mean genral buzz,people talking about it,threads, who is going to win and how. I see Mick,VD and few others but not just here,fans in general. We had hundreds of Oscar v Floyd 2 and Tito v RJ threads,this will have more excitement than those fights combined.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably the lack of interest is to do with a with a small promotion..and that's because these type of fights are small money compared with the JOnes-Trinidad etc...

..didn't Bilbo (not having a dig at him) when he joined this site say he DIDN'T watch fighters below middleweight or something? Maybe that's true of many hardcore/casual fans

AS ono said this fight isn't being shown in the UK nor were the other 2 yet this type of fight MUST cost peanuts compared with the majority that get bought
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow,not shown in teh UK.I don't even pay attention to what they show here,downloading all the way!

And if people have that atitude of not watching smaller fighters,then they are nuts! And I do recall Bilbo making a comment like that but he's changed his opinion during his time here,heck I think he even watched Calderon v Cazares and though it was awesome!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah Bilbo changed his opinion but he's a good example of the casual fan.. I used to work in a bar where I had boxing on all the time, 8 out of 10 people would come in, see the boxing and go "oh great boxing, are there HEAVYWEIGHTS fighting"

Wouldn't matter how good the fight on was they'd fuck off if weren't heavyweights.. incredible really
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

....just tell them they are heavyweights, they won't know the difference

Everyone got like that because they saw Tyson....little did they know Tommy Hearns was doing virtually the same thing in the lighter weights

Thread Information