Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: maskaev VS peter "who wins and why?"

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: maskaev VS peter "who wins and why?"

1-3 Oleg weathers a big storm by Peter

3-5 Oleg gets the best of Peter with his straighter punches

6-8 Oleg tires and Sam Peter starts landing harder and harder until the fight is stopped in the 8th

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure. And I hardly care at all. The HW division is SO weak, I don't care what anyone says. Peter might clobber Maskaev early, he might get lulled into a fight where Maskaev lands on him and makes it a war. Hell if McCline floored him 3 times in 2 rnds, practically anything is possible when he's in against a puncher. The HW's literally all suck compared to ANY other era of heavies. There's so little seperating any of these guys.. Klitschko is the only fighter in the division who stands above others, but it's only in terms of talent and athleticism. He has horrible mentality for a fighter. As far as I'm concerned McCline proved that. Klitschko hit's hard enough to KTFO Sam Peter or anyone else in the division, he just has such a fragile mindset and he is so goddamn afraid to get hit it's ridiculous. I have friends with more fighting heart than Klitschko. I honestly believe this 100%. One thing that rang true to me in James Toney's dillusional interview with boxingtalk this week, was his comments on Klitshco-Ibrag... How the hell can this man call himself the HW champ when he's scared to death to get hit? Obviously many fighters are safety first, but Clitco takes it to a new level. It really just comes down to the fact that boxing doesn't have a mainstream audience. If a huge man has athletic ability, why the hell would he want to box these days? Hell 3rd string Linebackers have a better sence of job security than any HW fighting today. I don't mean to sound like a Klitschko hater, because I'm really not... I just can't believe he's the best HW around today..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im picking Maskaev. Watching Peter's last fight against McCline I think he's there to be beaten and Maskaev has a deadly right hand.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

El Kabong Guest

The bar right now is set for Sam Peter, he HAS to KO Maskaev to be impressive....if he only wins a decision it will cause doubt in people's minds and God help him if he gets hurt or knocked down by Oleg.

This is part of the problem in the heavyweight division the platform is set for certain fighters to shine and they end up failing or just disappointing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel Oleg will prove a lot of people wrong that night, I think Peter is still arrogrant and has a suspect chin. Wladimir ruined him along with MCcline, I just think Oleg wants it more and Peter will walk into a huge right hand of Oleg and take a walk on queer street and take a nap.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    If that were true, then how come Toney didn't frazzle Peter? Arguably the slickest HW in the division, his accurate punching gave Peter a mouse, but in the second fight Peter was light on his feet and showed actual defense. He was the opposite of desperate in that fight and the only reason he was desperate against McCline was because of the knockdowns (I've said several times where I think those came from). Prior to those Peter was boxing well, looked very comfortable and knew he was winning.

I can some that up in three words Toney CAN"T PUNCH !!!. Everyone keeps saying how slick Toney was. That's why Peter Knocked him down with a pair of jabs.FUCK James Toney the most overrated heavyweight of all time not but a punchdrunk,old,fat,incompitent thug,wannabe.Sorry Ia m just sick of James Toney being fed to me when he was the most overated fighter (when he came to the heavy's)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Toney wasn't that overrated at heavy. Peter Was. OLeg wins this. I will have a sig bet if anyone wants it.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I'm not sure. And I hardly care at all. The HW division is SO weak, I don't care what anyone says. Peter might clobber Maskaev early, he might get lulled into a fight where Maskaev lands on him and makes it a war. Hell if McCline floored him 3 times in 2 rnds, practically anything is possible when he's in against a puncher. The HW's literally all suck compared to ANY other era of heavies. There's so little seperating any of these guys.. Klitschko is the only fighter in the division who stands above others, but it's only in terms of talent and athleticism. He has horrible mentality for a fighter. As far as I'm concerned McCline proved that. Klitschko hit's hard enough to KTFO Sam Peter or anyone else in the division, he just has such a fragile mindset and he is so goddamn afraid to get hit it's ridiculous. I have friends with more fighting heart than Klitschko. I honestly believe this 100%. One thing that rang true to me in James Toney's dillusional interview with boxingtalk this week, was his comments on Klitshco-Ibrag... How the hell can this man call himself the HW champ when he's scared to death to get hit? Obviously many fighters are safety first, but Clitco takes it to a new level. It really just comes down to the fact that boxing doesn't have a mainstream audience. If a huge man has athletic ability, why the hell would he want to box these days? Hell 3rd string Linebackers have a better sence of job security than any HW fighting today. I don't mean to sound like a Klitschko hater, because I'm really not... I just can't believe he's the best HW around today..

Well who is better mate?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its cool a good amount of you are going with oleg on this one.
    i didnt think there would be many.
    i cant stand sam peter, the cheating bastard.
    he hits hard but if oleg lands that straight right hand, peter WILL go down. im really looking forward to this fight.
    anything is better that that chump klitchko last fight.
    dudes that fuckin big but fights like a big vagina~!!!!

does anyone know if the other fights are being aired? mcline vs ruiz, and isnt jose louis castillo fighting? or am i wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Peter losing to anyone but Klitschko at this point unless Ibrigamov or Chagaev cleverly outbox him, but Peter has good handspeed, he moves pretty well considering how obese he is, and he is a good athlete with decent skills for a puncher. IF Peter was 225 pounds he would be insane, but he isn't so he will win this probably within the distance and then because he isn't in good enough shape Klitschko will beat him again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I dont' see how you can say that with the division when Holmes reigned supreme, when Marciano was on top, or most of the time... Joe Louis division was full of a great fighters, but most of them were comming up from middleweight or light hw. Of course Ali's era was considered the best and it was really strong then the 90's were maybe even stronger, but thats two really strong era's in the existence of the heavyweight division. Hell, right before the 20th century Langford(who started at featherweight) was able to capture the heavyweight title. Is this era weak? Sure it is, but the heavyweight division has often been weak, the only difference its dominated by Russians now. I say this division besides the Ali and 90's division, and maybe Louis' era would stand a fair chance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prior to the McCline dust up, I stated that I was one convincing victory away from becoming a Peter supporter.
    The guy is as exciting as Heavyweights come these days and although his power seems somewhat nullified at the highest level of competition he still can hit and should he connect anything can happen.

However, against Maskaev I see no obstacle to large for him to overcome on route to victory. Despite his fumblings in the McCline fight, Peter's chin does seem to be relatively sound, his jab and footwork have improved and he is a fighter with hunger.

The largest point I wish to exude is that Peter got a fright in his last fight. This should translate into a will to prove his new doubters wrong and excel in his next fight. Assuming this in turn translates into a diligent and intensive training camp I do favour Peter to win in this fight, perhaps on a Unanimous decision over 12.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    I can't see Peter losing to anyone but Klitschko at this point unless Ibrigamov or Chagaev cleverly outbox him, but Peter has good handspeed, he moves pretty well considering how obese he is, and he is a good athlete with decent skills for a puncher. IF Peter was 225 pounds he would be insane, but he isn't so he will win this probably within the distance and then because he isn't in good enough shape Klitschko will beat him again.
    Chagaev is a tough guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Sam Peter an ass whipping if they fought.

Sam Peter, I have told everyone he's NOT IKE IBEABUCHI, he's more like David Izon and that means he has power but it sometimes doesn't show up and his chin will crack at some point in his career and he'll never recover. His hands will get slower and slower.

Sam Peter is a dirty fighter either by plan or just by the way he throws his punches which are very wide and looping.

If Sam Peter uses strategy and his strength effectively then he's going to stop Maskaev. If he just decides to rush Oleg and go straight in with no strategy this is going to be Maskaev-Rahman III

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is true that Sam's looping shots do sometimes foul.

Actually, the more he throws the more frequently they're deemed fouls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter wins and most probbably by KO

Thread Information