1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default maskaev VS peter "who wins and why?"

ok, go ahead and say it. lol
    peter by brutal ko.
    call me retarded, but peter looked beatable against mcline.
    and maskaev is no joke.
    i think oleg has a very good chance to win this fight.
    peter fights dirty as hell too, so ill be watching for those illegal rabbit punches~!!!
    peter has a big fuckin mouth. id like to see ol oleg take him out with one of those heavy right hands. Go maskaev!!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: maskaev VS peter "who wins and why?"

Not even Maskaev thinks he can win this. In every situation possible, he has avoided Samuel Peter. Peter is younger, fitter and extremely heavy handed. As much as the McCline fight exposed some issues, Maskaev should not be a world champion.

So yeah, Peter by brutal KO and I'll be surprised if we go past 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i predict that peter walks away with the title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think peter gets him out of there inside of six rounds. Like someone else mentioned mcline did expose Perter to some degree but I don't maskaev has the tools to beat peter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    ok, go ahead and say it. lol
    peter by brutal ko.
    call me retarded, but peter looked beatable against mcline.
    and maskaev is no joke.
    i think oleg has a very good chance to win this fight.
    peter fights dirty as hell too, so ill be watching for those illegal rabbit punches~!!!
    peter has a big fuckin mouth. id like to see ol oleg take him out with one of those heavy right hands. Go maskaev!!!!
    Sound kind of Bitter in that post.....Are you Oleg...Maybe you should be training instaed of posting?

Don't think anyone ever doubted that Peter was beatable...In fact Wlad already established that.....For a man his size though he has managed to get his stamina up there to a decent level since the Wlad fight...He does improve each time out...Some flaws there but still improving .....Oleg is getting up there and has been inactive...also everyone of Maskaev's losses have been by KO
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter by KO in the 10th.

Maskaev has a hard head and won't want to go. The 'issues' seen against McCline aren't as significant as they are being made out to be- they have more to do with what was in McCline's bloodstream during training camp (it's easy to cycle if you know when you'll be tested). Peter hits harder than Rahman hit Maskaev and he has the ability to fight a full 12. Maskaev has been woefully inactive. His last fight was in December of '06, before that he took the belt from Rahman in August and before that he fought Sinan Samil Sam in '05, a guy old man Oliver McCall decisioned last year. Combine that with his constant injuries and quite frankly, I'm amazed anyone sees this Cinderella story coming true again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure this fight is even gonna still happen, i won't belive it till the bell actually rings. Maskaev has had some reason or another not to fight peter for what seems like 20 years now. Then his camp is already crying about not getting a fair shake etc....seems like maskaev is not looking forward to this at all. I think he's hoping for peter to perform like he did against mc cline but i don't think that will happen. I think peter will KO him in the early rounds.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know I've got to be the odd man out, but I am going with Maskaev by late stoppage.Somewhere in the 11th or 12th. Why? It seems to me Peter is a four round knockouter if that makes sense.Yes he is always dangerous but not after four.I think Maskaev once he get's into gear he is much more effective after a few rounds.So it's a test of Maskaev lasting early on and Peter in the late rounds.I am gonna side with old timer and say Maskaev get's him out of there.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes im going for Maskaev , if he can KO Rahman , he can KO Peter , Jamel Mccline hurt Peter and hes a none puncher.

Maskaev KO inside 9
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sam Peter pts

A year or two ago I would have said K.O but Oleg has matured at this level and looks comfortable but Peter has had a shakey win over Mcline which made me question his chin . Though I think if he boxes how he boxes Toney the 2nd time he can win on points 116-114

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    You know I've got to be the odd man out, but I am going with Maskaev by late stoppage.Somewhere in the 11th or 12th. Why? It seems to me Peter is a four round knockouter if that makes sense.Yes he is always dangerous but not after four.I think Maskaev once he get's into gear he is much more effective after a few rounds.So it's a test of Maskaev lasting early on and Peter in the late rounds.I am gonna side with old timer and say Maskaev get's him out of there.
    I second all that. I've never rated Peter highly, even in the context of the current weak division. If he doesn't blast people out early, his work takes on a slightly desperate hue. Also Maskaev is a wily old fighter whereas Peter strikes me as mentally friable. You can imagine Oleg winding him up and exploiting the resulting lapse.

The big doubt about Maskaev is whether or not he is truly fit. Have they just mended is back enough for him to climb into the ring and pick up the cheque?

Still, Maskaev for me. Although no money on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Barlick View Post
    I second all that. I've never rated Peter highly, even in the context of the current weak division. If he doesn't blast people out early, his work takes on a slightly desperate hue. Also Maskaev is a wily old fighter whereas Peter strikes me as mentally friable. You can imagine Oleg winding him up and exploiting the resulting lapse.

The big doubt about Maskaev is whether or not he is truly fit. Have they just mended is back enough for him to climb into the ring and pick up the cheque?

Still, Maskaev for me. Although no money on it.
    If that were true, then how come Toney didn't frazzle Peter? Arguably the slickest HW in the division, his accurate punching gave Peter a mouse, but in the second fight Peter was light on his feet and showed actual defense. He was the opposite of desperate in that fight and the only reason he was desperate against McCline was because of the knockdowns (I've said several times where I think those came from). Prior to those Peter was boxing well, looked very comfortable and knew he was winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I predict Samuel by 4th round KO. Many people will question his chin from his fight with McCline, but he showed the ability to rise also, which for me is more than enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this will be one of the better, more exciting fights at heavy in a while. I see both guys on the canvas, but I'll go out on my own and say Oleg wins by decision All my predictions suck, so one more bad one won't hurt
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw View Post
    I predict Samuel by 4th round KO. Many people will question his chin from his fight with McCline, but he showed the ability to rise also, which for me is more than enough.
    I agree on the winner but maybe not in the fourth. Maybe not until a decision. Doesn't matter. Like you said,Peter has the heart and determination to overcome the simple brutishness of Maskaev. Peter is a better fighter than Rahman when he sets his mind to it and I see him getting the win.

Thread Information