Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: maskaev VS peter "who wins and why?"

Anyone keep reading articles about Maskaev no-showing everything. He didn't turn up at the press conference for the fight, he apparently no-showed a surprise birthday party the other day and he hasn't said a word coming up to this fight. He's ducked out of this fight with Peter on numerous occasions and I'm beginning to wonder if this will actually happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Anyone keep reading articles about Maskaev no-showing everything. He didn't turn up at the press conference for the fight, he apparently no-showed a surprise birthday party the other day and he hasn't said a word coming up to this fight. He's ducked out of this fight with Peter on numerous occasions and I'm beginning to wonder if this will actually happen.

Cuz he knows he's gonna get KTFO!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maskaev missing? whatever.
    maskaev just isnt a trash talking camera loving piece of shit like peter is, and believe me he'll be there, and will hopefully shut that nigerian booty scratching rabbit punching bigmouth up.

mark my words: if peter hurts maskaev, itll be by illegal rabbit punch.
    i still say maskaev by right hand.
    ive been wrong before though. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleg by ko. I think Oleg will be prepared for this fight,he will work Peter on the inside and that's where Peter can't throw his wild ko punch and that's where Oleg will feed him a few uppercuts for a nighty night snack.
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going for Oleg, just cos I want him to win. Don't lke Peter, seems to have a fan base that believes he's the next best thing when in fact he's no more deserving of a title than Maskaev. He'll get exposed badly one day, I hope Maskaev has enough left to be the huy to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just can't see Maskaev winning this. Peter is too young and strong. I don't think Peter is the next great thing, although he has the ability too, he doesn't have the skill and has been up and down in his improvement. Second Toney fight he showed massive improvement, then he looked very average against McCline. I just think Maskaev is past it though and not enough in the tank for Peter.

As far as deserving the title, Maskaev beat Rahman who drew with Toney, Peter beat Toney twice, once convincingly. So the resume goes to Peter.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

am I wrong, or does it seem odd that no one seems to be talking much of this fight? I for one am looking forward to seeing it!

anything would be better than that klitschko travesty~!
    that soooo hurt his reputation. the idiot!

at least some big bombs will be thrown this saturday night.
    fuck it, I'll gladly go with the underdog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THESE ARE TWO GLORIFIED CLUBFIGHTERS.
    maskaev has the tools to win but how much ring-rust will he be trying to shake off...?
    im actually going for Peter by decision.i think Olegs boxing can frustrate the wild swinging, slow african but i think Peter wins the decision.......whether he deserves it or not!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First Im going to say something that most of you will disagree. Maskaev punches just as hard as Peter. People paint Sam out to be a monster puncher, but in reality he is not. He has 1 knockout in his last 6 fights...and it was Julius Long. Im tired of hearing hes a ko artist. I do think he will win this fight by ko but thats more a matter of Olegs chin and age than Peters power. Nothing would surprise me in this fight though.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    First Im going to say something that most of you will disagree. Maskaev punches just as hard as Peter. People paint Sam out to be a monster puncher, but in reality he is not. He has 1 knockout in his last 6 fights...and it was Julius Long. Im tired of hearing hes a ko artist. I do think he will win this fight by ko but thats more a matter of Olegs chin and age than Peters power. Nothing would surprise me in this fight though.
    I think the fact Peter has only kayoed 1 out of his last 6 has given him a lot more experience and shown him he can't rely solely on power to win a fight. He tried hard to put Toney down in their first fight, but he showed some boxing ability in the second and seemed more concerned with stacking up points and taking it down the stretch. Same with McCline. He was hitting him with some good shots, but boxing, especially after the 3 knockdowns. I'll say it again- don't put too much credit into McCline's knockdowns; a guy doesn't just turn into a machine like that overnight, there was something extra going on. Peter will test Maskaev's chin early and if he doesn't go away he will make the much OLDER, RUSTIER and INJURY PRONE Maskaev stretch a full 12 rounds and either decision him or KO him late. This won't even be as controversial as the first Toney fight (which Peter really lost).

Thread Information