Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: This could be the last superfight...so enjoy!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This could be the last superfight...so enjoy!!

So people I guess we will have to enjoy this Golden time because soon we will be back to the bad old days of champions fighting bum after bum.

The promoters will see this opportunity to wet are appetite with Cruiserweight unifications, Heavyweight unifications and other superfights because we has the fan demand it and will not except anything less.

But it will get to a point where we will act like spoilt children and take this for granted and a superfight will just seem like another fight and that is when the promoters will hold back and start realing out cannon fodder crap fights until we again get are appetites back and start appreciating the Superfights once more.

I think this sort of thing that goes round in a ten year cycle and hopefully we can continue this very rich golden era and saviour these moments forever.

So don't waste this opportunity because Marquez-Vasquez could be the last superfight we may enjoy for a very long time.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This could be the last superfight...so enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    So people I guess we will have to enjoy this Golden time because soon we will be back to the bad old days of champions fighting bum after bum.

The promoters will see this opportunity to wet are appetite with Cruiserweight unifications, Heavyweight unifications and other superfights because we has the fan demand it and will not except anything less.

But it will get to a point where we will act like spoilt children and take this for granted and a superfight will just seem like another fight and that is when the promoters will hold back and start realing out cannon fodder crap fights until we again get are appetites back and start appreciating the Superfights once more.

I think this sort of thing that goes round in a ten year cycle and hopefully we can continue this very rich golden era and saviour these moments forever.

So don't waste this opportunity because Marquez-Vasquez could be the last superfight we may enjoy for a very long time.
    Marquez-Pac 2 is a super fight. So is Hopkins-Calzaghe. Diaz-Campell and Casamayor-Katsidis ain't super fights. But there damn good match ups. There's still good match ups in boxing coming up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm guessing you're a glass half empty kind of guy.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you're way off on this topic. Boxing is at a great time right now. Last year we saw just about more great fights in one year than we ever have. This year and years to come will surely give us some great fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz View Post
    I think you're way off on this topic. Boxing is at a great time right now. Last year we saw just about more great fights in one year than we ever have. This year and years to come will surely give us some great fights.
    Exactly. Last year was one of the best in a long time and this year we just started out with Taylor/Pavlik II and Marquez/VasquezIII and it's only March. We still have Pac-man/Marquez II,2 DLH fights(although I'm not too hyped there)1 Mayweather fight,Cintron,Margarito,Cotto and thats just a portion of the American/Latino layout. This year is already in tune to match last year and then some. Promoters realized that putting up crappy cards and 2 fight PPV's wasn't cutting it and they were losing fans,which is losing money. DLH is a good promoter,fanwise since he puts on several cards a year and usualll with well matched guys. Even Arum,jerk thta he is, is putting his guys in with some strong opposition.
    As long as it doesn't involve the HW division,we are gonna be in for another great year and more to come.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what the heck are you talking about. this is one of the greatest start in boxing years ever. Plus its only the first week of the third month.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    what the heck are you talking about. this is one of the greatest start in boxing years ever. Plus its only the first week of the third month.
    And let's not forget that RicanPowerPunch guy is finally making his long awaited amatuer debut.

I'm really pumped for that one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree with the general consensus here. This is NOT the last super fight(heck it isn't even a super fight unless you ask the hardcore):

Haye-Macarinelli
    Pac v JMM 2

That's in the next MONTH!!!>?!?¬?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: This could be the last superfight...so enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo View Post
    And let's not forget that RicanPowerPunch guy is finally making his long awaited amatuer debut.

I'm really pumped for that one!

who?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uuuuuummmmmm!!! NO.

Haye vs. Enzo - The fact that Showtime is airing this in the US shows you how big it is.
    JMM vs. Pac II
    Kats vs. Casamayor
    Hopkins vs. Joe

You know as I'm typing this I'm wondering if you thought this one out before making the thread....

Thread Information