Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who wins and how in the Cruiserweight Unification?

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • David Haye KO

37 68.52%
  • David Haye UD

1 1.85%
  • Draw

0 0%
  • Enzo Maccarinelli UD

3 5.56%
  • Enzo Maccarinelli KO

13 24.07%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR

Rnd 2:

Good right from Smith but starting to mark up now, not much action and lots of grappling, Paul trying to land the jab and Renda cut on the right eye, Paul gets through with right hand, left hook combo, I give that to Smith.

19-19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR

Rnd 3:

Paul gets through with a good right and Renda comes back with good body shots and pressures Smith to the ropes, good jab from Smith landed, Renda going for head shots and catches him with a right, body shot from Smith in the closing exchange. 10-10 even

29-29 all square

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good work till the site started getting grouchy....hopefully it isn't an indication of what is to come. However, we've got a bit of a gap of about an hour now until Johanneson v Mitchell while Setanta fill the gaps with memories about the British fights of times gone by, and interviews with folks like Amir Khan.

Anyhow, I'm gonna leave it be for a while now, and be back shortly when we start getting close to some more live action.

ICB Guest

If the site starts to lag too badly and you can't type it out, what i do is get my notepad out on the start feature of my computer, and type the RBR there and when i can get a chance to reply on Saddo's again. I just copy and paste all the stuff i typed out on the notepad, i had to do that when the site was badly lagging when i done Jones vs Tito RBR.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR - LIVE NOW

OK guys...the coverage starts here. Last night we saw the puncher (Martinez) beaten by the boxer for the evening (Munroe), but tonight there's not going to be so much of that, as we have four bangers coming together....and I don't mean half a pack of sausages.

Johanneson v Mitchell is up next, unifying the British and Commonwealth titles, and has been eagerly anticipated for months, even before the orginal clash had to be cancelled at the tail end of last year. May as well flip a coin, as this is a tough one to call....but maybe Johanneson will let us really see the quality of Mitchell's chin.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR - LIVE NOW

Kevin Mitchell's entrance to the ring is to some truly godawful music, and he's bouncing confidently, and has a good look around the arena as he enters the ring. Mitchell waves at the fans ringside....who're giving him a good welcome.

A few boos as Johanneson is announced, and he's also coming in to some rubbish dance music. No looking around and drinking in the atmosphere. He's straight into the ring and ready to rumble. I'd be surprised if this goes the distance...then again I was surprised last night too.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl Johanneson always looks nervous before a fight, but I think that is just a part of him, and how he normally looks. Quiet lad, but a banger. Mitchell looking a little more nervous as they go in for the first face off. This one has a few sparks going already.

Round 1:

Swapping jabs, then Johanneson gives Mitchell a shove off balance. Good combos early onfrom Mitchell, and he has Johanneson covering up. Body shots doing good business for Mitchell, and Johanneson gets caught on the way in with a jab. Left hook from Johanneson, but Mitchell has started early and is working the body hard. Good left from Johanneson again, but is still taking sharp shots from Mitchell. Body shots are the key for Mitchell early on here. Mitchell looks very sharp. Big left hook from Johanneson. Mitchell looking up top a little more, but only finding the guard. More body shots, but Johanneson not loking too bothered.

10-9 Mitchell

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2:

Good start from Mitchell, but is taking a few hard lefts there. Looks like Johanneson has a small cut on the right eye. Johanneson with a jab straight, but takes a few shots on the way out. Good right from Johanneson, and hes punching more now. Mitchell is working hard, but not getting through up top, then going to the body well. Johanneson still coming forward. Left from Johanneson and right from Mitchell. Nice left right from Johanneson, but then a body shot from Mitchell looking good. Another Johanneson left hook gets througjh, but he's not working enough so far. Maybe waiting for Mitchell to tire out hitting his guard. Nice left from Mitchell as Johanneson opened his guard. Left from Johanneson. Left from Mitchell as Johanneson comes forward. Two jabs and right from Johanneson. Rigth from Mitchell and a body shot. Johanneson with a left, and a bit of a stare on the bell.

Mitchell's workrate getting him this session too.
    20-18

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 3:

Frank Maloney in Johanneson's corner seems a little worried. Mitchell jabbing well here, then Johanneson missing badly. Left hook lands from Mithcell. Johanneson with a left then a big right hand, and Mitchell sidesteps. Mitchell is working away at Johanneson, with lots of body shots, and hitting the target more upstairs. Johanneson with a left that pushes Mitchell on the ropes, but Mitchell coming back firing with body shots, and a fantastic right overhandshot. Johanneson missing wildly a litle, but then pins Mithcell in the corner, with two body shots. Mitchell's jab looks good. Body shot from Johanneson puits Mitchell on the ropes, but Mitchell fights out of there. Fierce body shots from Mitchell, and he's looking for uppercuts,. Johanneson with a body shot. Johanneson's face is reddening, and he's not had the best of it so far.

30-27 Mitchell

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, there's a really annoying woman shouting Mitchell on at ringside, sounds like a foghorn.

Round 4:

Johanneson looking to lead with the jab more here. Landing two or three. Good straight right from Mitchell, and a second. Left from Johanneson, but Mitchell is flurrying like a dream here. Big left as Mitchell came in. A right hook and a left. Then body shots and a left hook from Mitchell. Mitchell's mouthguard comes out....accidental Mitchell takes a breather. Johannson with the jabs and a left hook. Mitchell not working so much now. Too much too early? Another good left hand from Johanneson, but Mitchell with a nice uppercuit landing tooo. Two straight shots and an uppercut from Mitchell. Right hook and uppercut from Johanneson, and a body shot. Mitchell lands a body shot, but giving time for Johanneson to cover up top. Two hard body shots, and a ringing right hand hook on the bell from Johanneson.

Johanneson takes that one for me. Much better.

39-37

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just noticed Koori Warrior is online. Who the hell is he?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently she's Kevin Mitchell's mum.....I guess its understandable cheering on your son.

Round 5:

It's all lgone a little darker on the screen. Cagier opening, with Johanneson with a straight right, but then taking a body shot and a left hook up top. Johanneson gets Mitchell on the ropes, and body shot. Good uppercut from Mitchell, but immediately takes a left hook. Good right hook from Mitchell, but Johanneson with two short upperhooks. Body shots from Mitchell, but Johanneson lands short hooks. Great left hand from Mitchell, and Johanneson rocked! They're still toe to toe, and after a Mitchell flurry, Johanneson opens a body shot and hooks. Lovely Johanneson uppercut has Mitchell on the run, then body shots, and two straight shots up top. Right hook from Hohanneson. Mitchell looks for a few hooks, lands only to the body.

Sensational fight, Johanneson edges it.

48-47

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Man, there's a really annoying woman shouting Mitchell on at ringside, sounds like a foghorn.
    Missy gets everywhere

goos stuff SHR aint got setanta here so this is great coverage from you mate

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 6:

Tbhey trade jabs...and it's Johanneson looking the meatier, but Mitchell the more frequent. Body shots from Mitchell, the two hard jabs up top. find the mark. Johanneson puts one to the body, then two jabs and another body shot. Mitchell seems to touch his gloves down, ref says no, and Johanneson is all over him. Landing huge rights, and Mitchell looks to cling on. Another big right, and Mitchell can't get out of the way. Mitchell on the ropes and cant run. Body shots from Mitchell, but takes more back, and repeated right hooks. Body shots from Mitchell, who is stumbling around. Huge left stuns Mitchell, who stands straight, and comes back to the body, then peppers the guard with hooks. Another hugelleft and right from Johanneson, and Mitchell i somewhere else right now. Another big right and left, and Mitchell is saved by the bell.

10-8 round for me, Mitchell needs some miracles in that corner.
    57-56 Johanneson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ive only seen the last 2 rounds but it looks like mitchel is fuckin him up

Thread Information