Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who wins and how in the Cruiserweight Unification?

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • David Haye KO

37 68.52%
  • David Haye UD

1 1.85%
  • Draw

0 0%
  • Enzo Maccarinelli UD

3 5.56%
  • Enzo Maccarinelli KO

13 24.07%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR - LIVE NOW

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he fight as a HW in the ams?
    So in part yes he is considered at natureal HW.
    Well, he won a Heavyweight silver medal at the amateur world championship at least (lost to Odlanier Solis in the final - good fight people should see it), and I guess most of his then opponents have fought their pro career at heavyweight. Sultan Ibragimov won the bronze medal at the same weight, same championships for example.

However, you should remember that he weight limit there is 91 kilo, which roughly equals 200 pounds. Which in the pro-ranks is the Cruiser-limit of course. The amatuers have Super-Heavyweight above that weight, the pro's have Heavyweight.

Also, if Haye should have fought one weight below, he should be under something like 178 pounds. No way he cold ever do that (at least not now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR

As a guy who picked (and bet on ) Enzo just want to give my probs to Haye. He did what he said he would.

Enzo fought frightened IMO, he was fidgety to every faint Haye made and was way too respectful of his power, which caused him to do the last thing he should do against a hitter and stand in front of him doing nothing.

Don't want to take anything away from Haye though, even if Enzo had employed a better strategy it would have only delayed the inevitable (as well as give the fans a bit more entertainment), even in the little we saw his composure and timing was very impressive. As for heavyweight, I still think Fragomeni layed the blueprint to beat him, a guy who can take his blows and keep on coming will be able to beat him, as well as the obvious guys with montrous power themselves and the reach to deliver it (Wlad). But Haye certainly has the skills to beat many of them, and in entertaining fashion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli - Cruiserweight Title Unification RBR

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    As a guy who picked (and bet on ) Enzo just want to give my probs to Haye. He did what he said he would.

Enzo fought frightened IMO, he was fidgety to every faint Haye made and was way too respectful of his power, which caused him to do the last thing he should do against a hitter and stand in front of him doing nothing.

Don't want to take anything away from Haye though, even if Enzo had employed a better strategy it would have only delayed the inevitable (as well as give the fans a bit more entertainment), even in the little we saw his composure and timing was very impressive. As for heavyweight, I still think Fragomeni layed the blueprint to beat him, a guy who can take his blows and keep on coming will be able to beat him, as well as the obvious guys with montrous power themselves and the reach to deliver it (Wlad). But Haye certainly has the skills to beat many of them, and in entertaining fashion.
    Unlucky Bomp

I said it was a crazy fight to bet on.. although I meant crazy to bet on Enzo.. personally I cleaned up on the Haye KO rds 1-3
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye v Enzo Maccarinelli RBR - Cruiserweight World Title Unification

Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post
    Your on

mine will be a lemonade and OJ tho; on the wagon sadly.
    Mines a pint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Unlucky Bomp

I said it was a crazy fight to bet on.. although I meant crazy to bet on Enzo.. personally I cleaned up on the Haye KO rds 1-3
    Hindsights a beautiful thing, I only lost 6 quid anyway, I'm a bit of a sissy better, but they were very good odds, now I know why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did any of you see Joe Calzaghe's face when Enzo was in corner as ref waved it off.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, I saw that. Didnt look too impressed at all.

Enzo put up a poor performance in that second round. That right was landing whenever Haye really wanted to make a statement and Enzo didnt have the movement or plan to stop it becoming more frequent or until he eventually got rocked down as he did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    yeah, I saw that. Didnt look too impressed at all.

Enzo put up a poor performance in that second round. That right was landing whenever Haye really wanted to make a statement and Enzo didnt have the movement or plan to stop it becoming more frequent or until he eventually got rocked down as he did.
    Yeah the reality of boxing Haye really hit home in the second round. He was too strong and fast.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you see the woman next to Galzaghe's girlfriend, she had her eyes closed and was praying. She must have been Maccarinelli's wife.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyway, I think we can take the sticky off of this one....after all I think we've all picked up on the result by now.

I'm still not sure to see which I'm most interested in. Whether Haye can clean up the heavyweights or whether Enzo can actually come back from this devastating setback.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the ref should have let it continue, for a bit at least. You have to give the man EVERY chance and I think Enzo's head might have cleared, but fair play to Haye. He did what he said he would do and you really can't ask for anything more than that.

Thread Information