Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Something strange

Do you think that people sometimes have a 6th sense and know that they are going to die soon? Maybe not the EXACT time and place, but in the past I've heard several people say they just didn't feel like they were going to live too much longer and that they felt they were going to die soon. (Although it was 2 or 3 years later, they've been right, because they're no longer here today). For one example, my granddad. I remember him saying that a couple of years before he died. He died of a heart attack one Monday morning.

AND ANOTHER THING, they say that some people also feel very good and very happy right before they die... Why is this? (not talking about a suicide or execution, I'm talking about a natural death...)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Something strange

I'm guessing your grandad was old right?

My bet is that most old people who believe they will die fairly soon would be right.

Uncanny

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I think sometimes when people get much older they do get a sense of when they will die, not so much that they feel it in their bodies, but maybe at a certain point in time, they feel they are just ready to move on, thus they just resign to giving in.

Okay, I will tell you something creepy that has happened with me regarding knowing about death. Three times I have mentioned a specific person, and questioned about them dying, and within 2 weeks, they died. And these are people I had no way of knowing if they had anything wrong with them.

The first time was, not sure how many of you will know of him, Alex Harvey of The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. I was young, and l loved that band because of my older sister and brother listened to them. Well anyways, I was talking with a friend about who we would like to see in concert, and I said that I would like to see The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, but I think Alex Harvey died. Well about a week later, he died of a massive heart attack.

The second time was the little blonde girl that played Carol-Anne in Poltergeist. I was talking with a friend about the movie, and asked, didn't the little girl die? Well about two weeks later she died of complications from septic shock.

The third time, I was working at a company that is a family business, where about half the employees were family members. Well my friend there had an aunt that she was really close to die, and they would only let her take 1 day off for the funeral. Well I was pissed, and said to her, "you know damn well that if the owner's mother died, that whole family would take a week off". Well a couple days later, the owner's mother died.

So needless to say, I won't talk about anyone and death, it freaks me out to much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't say that it's a sixth sense, but I feel that the knowledge that us human as a species have acquired allows us to have a more knowledge of our own impending mortality than perhaps some of us would desire.

A sad sad case is my Grandmother. This woman was a third parent to me and a Nurse for nearly Sixty Years. She worked from the ages of 15 to seventy Three as a Nurse and was highly respected by many. She told my Mother if she ever fell seriously ill that she should manage the situation and not tell her the diagnosis the doctors provided as it would make her lose hope.
    Three years ago she contracted Cancer to the lungs and Pancreas. What ensued was one of the hardest battles ever fought. For a year it was a mysterious illness, it couldn't be diagnosed because of the location, to try and get a sample of the tissue involved would have been fatal, this also ruled out any operable cure.

As the doctors began to realise that it was Cancer that was present they brought in a few pieces of equipment that were designed to conclusively diagnose Cancer. As soon as my Grandmother saw those instruments and with the symptoms which she was reminded of all too vividly every time she breathed, she realised the sickness was Cancer.

From that moment on she was resigned to her fate and the battle was lost.

Most painful year I will ever expierience, I hope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo View Post
    I'm guessing your grandad was old right?

My bet is that most old people who believe they will die fairly soon would be right.

Uncanny
    62 yr. old. He was in fairly good health (although overweight) but not old enough to necessarily die of old age.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    I wouldn't say that it's a sixth sense, but I feel that the knowledge that us human as a species have acquired allows us to have a more knowledge of our own impending mortality than perhaps some of us would desire.

A sad sad case is my Grandmother. This woman was a third parent to me and a Nurse for nearly Sixty Years. She worked from the ages of 15 to seventy Three as a Nurse and was highly respected by many. She told my Mother if she ever fell seriously ill that she should manage the situation and not tell her the diagnosis the doctors provided as it would make her lose hope.
    Three years ago she contracted Cancer to the lungs and Pancreas. What ensued was one of the hardest battles ever fought. For a year it was a mysterious illness, it couldn't be diagnosed because of the location, to try and get a sample of the tissue involved would have been fatal, this also ruled out any operable cure.

As the doctors began to realise that it was Cancer that was present they brought in a few pieces of equipment that were designed to conclusively diagnose Cancer. As soon as my Grandmother saw those instruments and with the symptoms which she was reminded of all too vividly every time she breathed, she realised the sickness was Cancer.

From that moment on she was resigned to her fate and the battle was lost.

Most painful year I will ever expierience, I hope.
    It's amazing how sometimes when people just believe they are going to get better, they actually do. It might have something to do with the laws of attraction. You should look it up if you haven't heard of it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My grandmother was like that...
    It was like she could sense when shit was gonna go down....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you all depress the booze. Does anyone get the feeling they are going to live for a fuck-all long time?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to be here a while, thats for sure. I've had two close misses and actually had a failed attempt on my life on the streets once so I'm going nowhere!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    you all depress the booze. Does anyone get the feeling they are going to live for a fuck-all long time?
    I really don't wanna live for a very long time. Gas prices keep going up. When I get old, there's no telling how high they'll be.

Thread Information