0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton signs with Golden Boy

I think we all seen this coming.

GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS SIGNS “THE HITMAN”

BRITISH SUPERSTAR RICKY HATTON INKS WITH

LEADING BOXING PROMOTIONS COMPANY

LOS ANGELES – March 7, 2008 – Over the course of his storied 10-year career, two division world champion Ricky Hatton has achieved the rarest of feats – becoming a legitimate star on both sides of the Atlantic. Now, as he continues on his quest to be boxing’s best pound for pound fighter, “The Hitman” has aligned himself with Golden Boy Promotions, the premier promotional company in boxing, which he hopes will lead him on the road to the Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota.

“I’m pleased to be working with Golden Boy Promotions and I know that each one of my fights will be bigger than the last, not only for me, but for all of my loyal fans,” said Hatton. “I got a taste of working with Oscar and his team with my fight with Floyd Mayweather and they’re a world-class company. They're the kind of team I need to keep me in big fights against the best in the world.”

President of Golden Boy Promotions, Oscar de la Hoya continued, “I’ve always been a fan of Ricky Hatton and it’s an honor to partner with Ricky and Punch Promotions to add him to the Golden Boy Promotions roster. He’s a fighter universally loved by fight fans because of his heart and aggressive style. We’re all expecting even bigger and better things from him in the coming months.”

Hatton’s first fight under this new promotional contract will be announced at a later date.

One of boxing’s true superstars, Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton (43-1, 31 KO’s) has grown from a local attraction into a member of boxing’s pound for pound elite. A proud native and resident of Manchester, England, Hatton won his first world title, the WBU crown, in 2001 and defended that belt an amazing 15 times. But it wasn’t until he stopped Kostya Tszyu for the IBF and Ring Magazine junior welterweight titles in June of 2005 that he truly broke out onto the world scene. Later in 2005 he added the WBA title to his collection by knocking out Carlos Maussa and by 2006 he won the WBA welterweight title by defeating Luis Collazo in his first fight in the United States since 2000. Hatton has since made the US his second home, defeating Juan Urango and Jose Luis Castillo here. In his most recent fight, Hatton fell short of victory against the world’s best pound for pound fighter, Floyd Mayweather in one of the year’s biggest events. After a short vacation, Hatton is chomping at the bit to get back in the ring and reaffirming that he is the best 140-pound fighter in the world.
    Last edited by Saddo; 03-08-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: no need to link to PR's ;)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton signs with Golden Boy

Everything is being set up for Oscar to massacre Hatton in the UK for his last fight

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“I’m pleased to be working with Golden Boy Promotions and I know that each one of my fights will be bigger than the last, not only for me, but for all of my loyal fans,” said Hatton.

Or, fuck off Junior.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet Ricky becomes Oscar's promotional partner in Britain after he retires.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    It would look that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am going to say something here with risk of being persecuted...GBP will be the worst thing in the history of boxing before all is said and done I bet my right arm on it....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    I am going to say something here with risk of being persecuted...GBP will be the worst thing in the history of boxing before all is said and done I bet my right arm on it....
    I wouldn't persecute you on that one. Clearly Oscar is more interested in making money first and putting on good fights second. Now, I know promoters are into making money (that's what they do), but I always get the feeling that I am getting screwed when Oscar is either boxing or promoting.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe the may 24th undercard might be ok now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree too DaxxKahn , now it going to be another one that going to selecting or choosing his opponents , i think these guys going take off all the CREDIBILITY about boxing is it.......

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i got this PR last night and the bit that i find very strange is this...

Hatton’s first fight under this new promotional contract will be announced at a later date.

Now the Lazcano fight was official almost 24 hours before this was sent out.

so they are either having no part in this mismatch or there is a massive comunication breakdown somewhere.
    Last edited by Saddo; 03-08-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    I wouldn't persecute you on that one. Clearly Oscar is more interested in making money first and putting on good fights second. Now, I know promoters are into making money (that's what they do), but I always get the feeling that I am getting screwed when Oscar is either boxing or promoting.

I am starting to also see a pecking order in GBP...EG-

Eevery fighter that has beaten DLH is asked to be a partner..Hopkins, Mosley etc,.....Then guys who will make a good fight but also be a win for DLH is also being brought in..EG- Forbes, Hatton. The same will start happening for others once he retires for good...Their top draw who loses to a fighter they will go after to keep that fighter from losing to him again and keep the drawing power, then they will start hand picking opp to keep the momentum reguardless of how fair it is, I mean Forbes?...Stevie is a good fighter but past his best days and also out gunned by DLH, but he is a name and will make DLH look good. a bunch of BS IMO

At least with King he clearly does his BS outright and does not need to pull punches on it...If your going to be a sham at least be a proud one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    i got this PR last night and the bit that i find very strange is this...

Now the Lazcano fight was official almost 24 hours before this was sent out.

so they are either having no part in this mismatch or there is a massive comunication breakdown somewhere.
    Well mate I think we know how that works over there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    my thoughts exactly
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am starting to also see a pecking order in GBP...EG-

Eevery fighter that has beaten DLH is asked to be a partner..Hopkins, Mosley etc,.....Then guys who will make a good fight but also be a win for DLH is also being brought in..EG- Forbes, Hatton. The same will start happening for others once he retires for good...Their top draw who loses to a fighter they will go after to keep that fighter from losing to him again and keep the drawing power, then they will start hand picking opp to keep the momentum reguardless of how fair it is, I mean Forbes?...Stevie is a good fighter but past his best days and also out gunned by DLH, but he is a name and will make DLH look good. a bunch of BS IMO

At least with King he clearly does his BS outright and does not need to pull punches on it...If your going to be a sham at least be a proud one...
    Oscar picking on these smaller guys,wanting the limelight,wanting a rematch with Floyd etc all show you how good GBP are. It's all about Oscar. Everything you said is 100% correct and I honestly hope we have Bob Arum and Don around for a while,because if they leave, Oscar is going to have a monopoly of talent and THAT WILL hurt boxig. Totally agree Khan,CC.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That may be the case right now, but Oscar isn't going to be around forever and GBP seems like it will long outlast Oscar in boxing and they've put on some good cards. I would much rather have boxing in Oscar's hands then in King's hands.

The history of boxing? That's a little much considering the mafia once was the ruling body of boxing.

Thread Information