Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Friday night fights.ESPN

Damn Andy lee is Fugly.ohhh,Stiff jab shutters Mashaba at start. This is a real brutal battle.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 03-08-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty close fight, but not really exciting stuff. I wouldn't want to be a judge in this one.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geez, how did Cruz find the energy in the 12th round to go on that little terror there?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice last round, Cruz threw about 300 punch flurry there He was totally gassed after that point heh.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Pretty close fight, but not really exciting stuff. I wouldn't want to be a judge in this one.
    Not exciting?? Wlad and Sultan...now there's not exciting but this was a very good back and forth for the most part. I do think Mashaba has a looong way to go before he fairs well against top guys.

Castillo does an Allen Green of his own type.He eats himself out of a spotlight fight. He should retire because the desire is gone
    Last edited by Spicoli; 03-08-2008 at 04:43 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did not see Cruz winning on shere volume Although you can say He wobbled Mashaba good .Stunned him with a stiff jab to begin the 10th and and moved him in the 12th. I had Mashaba up by a couple though ??

Good fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1500 something punches....wow. Mashaba looked upset by the decision. The last round won it for Cruz.
    Last edited by No Contest; 03-08-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was in fighting but there wasnt any knockdowns and not too many shots that landed rocked the other guy....I can see how the volume won the fight for Cruz. Was a good fight though. Maybe I'm just jaded from The Marquez-Vasquez fight
    Last edited by No Contest; 03-08-2008 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    It was in fighting but there wasnt any knockdowns and not too many shots that landed rocked the other guy....I can see how the volume won the fight for Cruz.
    Guy was like a wind mill.Ecspecially early on. I saw Cruz stunning Mashaba a couple but he walked through Mashabas best.Good fight ,Cannot argue with the call. So much for a glorious State side debut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ted Atlas is predicting a first round KO by Peter.

I think he's full of it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LeHoullier's the strangest looking fighter I think I've ever seen, and not because he's pale as a ghost and wears hot pants, its just the way he fights, the constant crouching, its like that's his defense, I'll crouch, the other guy will never figure out what's going on, he'll be thinking where is he, its gold.

And the way he gets absolutely no leverage on the right hand, he just kinda pushes it out there. At least he gets some leverage on the left hook, must be a balance/footwork thing. Seriously though hopefully he's got another job.

I thought the main event was good. I did think Atlas' scorecard was a bit wide. I didn't officially score the fight cause I missed the first round and I wouldn't have any problem with somebody who scored it for Mashaba by a couple of points on cleaner punching but Teddy basically only paid attention to the work Mashaba was doing. Mashaba's punches were cleaner but that doesn't nullify the fact that Cruz was landing, fairly consistently (although the punchstat lands seemed too high) throughout the fight.

There was even one moment in the 11th when Teddy was talking about how Cruz' corner needed to look out for him, as if he was implying that they should stop the fight because he was taking such a beating. Nice theory cause he had taken a lot of punches but if Teddy had been watching the fight he would have noticed that Cruz was coming on strong and Mashaba was fading, not the other way around.

That was an unnecessarily long post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    LeHoullier's the strangest looking fighter I think I've ever seen, and not because he's pale as a ghost and wears hot pants, its just the way he fights, the constant crouching, its like that's his defense, I'll crouch, the other guy will never figure out what's going on, he'll be thinking where is he, its gold.

And the way he gets absolutely no leverage on the right hand, he just kinda pushes it out there. At least he gets some leverage on the left hook, must be a balance/footwork thing. Seriously though hopefully he's got another job.

I thought the main event was good. I did think Atlas' scorecard was a bit wide. I didn't officially score the fight cause I missed the first round and I wouldn't have any problem with somebody who scored it for Mashaba by a couple of points on cleaner punching but Teddy basically only paid attention to the work Mashaba was doing. Mashaba's punches were cleaner but that doesn't nullify the fact that Cruz was landing, fairly consistently (although the punchstat lands seemed too high) throughout the fight.

There was even one moment in the 11th when Teddy was talking about how Cruz' corner needed to look out for him, as if he was implying that they should stop the fight because he was taking such a beating. Nice theory cause he had taken a lot of punches but if Teddy had been watching the fight he would have noticed that Cruz was coming on strong and Mashaba was fading, not the other way around.

That was an unnecessarily long post
    Nah, OF, This was an excellent post. Take some rep. I worked last night and just watched the fight on DVR. Everybody agrees that Gonzalez got shafted. For the people who called Taylor/Pavlik 2 a robbery, they should look at that fight to see the definition of a robbery.

I agree with you about the Mashaba/Cruz fight. I had Mashaba winning, but I had it much closer than Teddy did. Teddy never once mentioned all the clean and accurate jabs landed by Cruz. Cruz might have thrown his power punches wide, but his jab is technically sound and he used it well to back off Mashaba and set up some rights as Mashaba was backing up.

Cruz came on strong late and I gave him the last three rounds. I had it 115-113 for Mashaba, but I can't fault the judges in this one. I think Teddy was so focused on higher rated guy that he focused too much on the punches Mashaba was landing. Mashaba has awful, awful footwork, and it Teddy did point out, he kept pulling straight back into Cruz's longer punches. If Mashaba had jabbed more and controlled distance better, he would have one the fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah 115-113 would be fine with me, I liked Mashaba's body shots, uppercuts and strangely enough although he didn't use it much he actually had a decent jab. But there was another fighter in there, not just him and I especially was shocked by the comments in the 11th round, just bizarre.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Mashaba won, another ranked fighter loses this week. Martinez, Godfrey. Big weekend of upsets!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information