Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down This Whole Rep Thing

Seems like there are alot of unearned rep going on here were we used to wear our clicks good or bad like a badge of honor that you earned for spending time advancing the forum and keeping this place ace with debating and opinion exchanging, you earned your clicks by quality posting and putting your time in... now you have guys with half the posts and time served of veteran established members that have more rep and punch power.

I dont get all bent out of shape about this click and rep thing and take it personal but If it didnt exist at all I wouldnt care but since it is part of the forum society then it seems like the vets are getting the short end. I mean if guests are surfing the board and we are all on display seems like whats a veteran get for all the time and effort that a newb or less number poster cant by kissing ass and grouping together with others.. Seems a bit flawed thats all, I know there are a bizillion other benefits to the new forum but this was an observation that I agreed with Snakey on another thread

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This Whole Rep Thing

Intresting View....

can you show me a newbie that has a high Punch Power?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Seems like there are alot of unearned rep going on here were we used to wear our clicks good or bad like a badge of honor that you earned for spending time advancing the forum and keeping this place ace with debating and opinion exchanging, you earned your clicks by quality posting and putting your time in... now you have guys with half the posts and time served of veteran established members that have more rep and punch power.

I dont get all bent out of shape about this click and rep thing and take it personal but If it didnt exist at all I wouldnt care but since it is part of the forum society then it seems like the vets are getting the short end. I mean if guests are surfing the board and we are all on display seems like whats a veteran get for all the time and effort that a newb or less number poster cant by kissing ass and grouping together with others.. Seems a bit flawed thats all, I know there are a bizillion other benefits to the new forum but this was an observation that I agreed with Snakey on another thread
    I think its good JT no longer can anyone just be a coward and SC anoymously, plus i like the opition where you can give reason's for giving a certain member bad/good karma. I personally like it and i think its much better system than CC/SC system. I made a thread months ago that we should have a system like this, and my wish come true i guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is what I think...

Our initial rep was based on our CC/SS ratio as well as posts made. So a new member from the old board that got off on the right foot had a soild base for their starting rep. It was a completly fair and balanced system.

I hand out rep for each member who takes part in the prediction contest to encourage greater competition. So by the end of the season a new member could have a nice rep boost.

All that being said it would be nice if we could decide the amount of rep that we give out at one time, say 25%, 50% or 100% of our punch power. Why I say this is because once we reach 100 punch power we will be giving someone a full power point with each rep. That could make people greedy with rep for fear they may build someone up too fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    Intresting View....

can you show me a newbie that has a high Punch Power?
    I use the word Newb a bit to literal here but to make a fair point that you can accelerate you reps by collusion.. Its not an indictment on your hard work or choice of how you conduct the forum and even though this thread sounds ungrateful, I assure you its not... Nothing more than an observation from someone whos opinion at the end of the day means nothing

I agree the idenify negative rep is great.. Be nice if we went to one rep at a time just like the CC/SC used to be, with the idenity for negative rep still in place.. Thats all

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah mate i hear you

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    All that being said it would be nice if we could decide the amount of rep that we give out at one time, say 25%, 50% or 100% of our punch power. Why I say this is because once we reach 100 punch power we will be giving someone a full power point with each rep. That could make people greedy with rep for fear they may build someone up too fast.
    totally agree with this it also make the guys with huge punch power reluctent to give out reps ...

somthing i will implant in soon is the ability to choose how many reps you want to give.... IE how hard you wanns punch i guess

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I think its good JT no longer can anyone just be a coward and SC anoymously, plus i like the opition where you can give reason's for giving a certain member bad/good karma. I personally like it and i think its much better system than CC/SC system. I made a thread months ago that we should have a system like this, and my wish come true i guess.
    LMAO!

I too love this rep system.

Don't listen to JT, he is just menstruating

Funny how JT never gave an example of who or what newbies are getting love here on the forum. So, who are you referring to JT? Saddo asked you simple question and you gave him a complicated answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love this new system and on the old forum I got over 50 SC's and not one person has given me bad rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    LMAO!

who are you referring to JT? Saddo asked you simple question and you gave him a complicated answer.
    nameing names is pretty irrelevant and non productive I dont answer to you mensturating or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought I would gain super powers when my rep number outdid my post number. I was wrong so my fiendish plot for World Domination continues!

I had a feeling my name was being called so I jumped into the mix!hehe
    Last edited by Deanrw; 03-08-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think this new rep idea is great, if we add the how hard we want to punch it'll be even greater.

If someone gives us like a jab we can call that bastard cheap

and we can be like balboa and say " come on punch me harder " and block with our face

I understand what J.T is trying to say but about members kissing ass and grouping with others. I don't know who he means by this but if by people getting a long and actually forming friendship is what he means then i am who he speaks of. Im no vet like he is but I have cleaned up my act and began to love the members unlike before when I only love the forum. Some of us guys and even the few gals, have kind of group together. I actually have a set of guys I rep if I need to past it around to rep a worthy members posting. Those set of guys have earned it from me, those guys earn more then just one rep for one post. The building friendship is what im repping not just one post. I never saw a rule that we are suppose to just rep one post and not for a building friendship.

Another thing about these rep is that we must pass them around if we are to find another post we agree on from a member we just rep. Well what are we to do then give reps to our buddy or did you VETs want us to just give it to you all? I'm ok with that and won't expect anything in return but my whole point is. those I rep are those i believe deserves it cause they are good fellas. guys like andre, bilbo,daxx and mick are the vets i respect most not because i don't respect the other vets. Its just cause those three had showed me that they are good people. Im sure the other vets are great guys too, and its just a matter of time when we get to laugh together. Honestly though, some vets have come on to me like i was suppose to bow down to them. That to me leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it'll just take more time to respect then how the other vets have approach me with .

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    I love this new system and on the old forum I got over 50 SC's and not one person has given me bad rep.
    That was because they could cower. This new system sure put a stop to that eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    That was because they could cower. This new system sure put a stop to that eh?
    Definitely, the (SSCRS) Saddo Sad-Click Riot Squad have been ambushed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fellas,

I am not complaining about the rep system itself, its the amount of Rep per click I guess is my point.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Fellas,

I am not complaining about the rep system itself, its the amount of Rep per click I guess is my point.

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR

THIS THREAD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:

Thread Information