Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hype of Danny William, Hype of Audley harrison and now Hype of David Haye?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hype of Danny William, Hype of Audley harrison and now Hype of David Haye?

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Also as a side note in regard to one of the two Holyfield KOs. The first one against Bowe happened more so because of Holyfield's physical issues. If I remember correctly he'd been diagnosed with Hep A and his training had been interrupted because he'd caught the flu a few weeks before the fight. He was easily outpointing a fat, unmotivated Bowe and instantly ran out of steam in the 2nd or 3rd. When he went down for the last time he was throwing HUGE haymakers, trying to rip Bowe's head off before he collapsed. Bowe didn't knock him out, Holyfield knocked himself out.

Against James Toney, well, that was just a spanking. No way around that.

Well the Toney bout was wayyyy past the best of Holyfield...Not a prime Holyfield from the 90's
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

ICB Guest

Default Re: Hype of Danny William, Hype of Audley harrison and now Hype of David Haye?

Also as a side note in regard to one of the two Holyfield KOs. The first one against Bowe happened more so because of Holyfield's physical issues. If I remember correctly he'd been diagnosed with Hep A and his training had been interrupted because he'd caught the flu a few weeks before the fight. He was easily outpointing a fat, unmotivated Bowe and instantly ran out of steam in the 2nd or 3rd. When he went down for the last time he was throwing HUGE haymakers, trying to rip Bowe's head off before he collapsed. Bowe didn't knock him out, Holyfield knocked himself out.

Against James Toney, well, that was just a spanking. No way around that.
    He wasn't easily outpointing Bowe he only won 1 round then after that he got dominated, and yes it was due to physical issues but you can't actually sit there and tell me Bowe didn't KO Holyfield. Holyfield went for broke and he was over powered in that brutal exchange of punches he got up and couldn't even walk forward. And that was not to do with being out of breath that was due to him taking brutal punches off a much bigger man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    He wasn't easily outpointing Bowe he only won 1 round then after that he got dominated, and yes it was due to physical issues but you can't actually sit there and tell me Bowe didn't KO Holyfield. Holyfield went for broke and he was over powered in that brutal exchange of punches he got up and couldn't even walk forward. And that was not to do with being out of breath that was due to him taking brutal punches off a much bigger man.
    Well when you're completely exhausted because of stamina issues I would say that's how a KO could happen. Are YOU going to sit there and say that Bowe in Bowe-Holyfield III was a better fighter in either the first or second fights? Holyfield went for broke because he knew his body was betraying him. Who gets tired by the 2nd round? I'm sorry, but the "brutal exchange of punches" was nothing compared to anything seen in either of the other 2 fights.

And yes, Daxx, that was a way past it Holyfield. That and the fact his shoulder still wasn't working right. It had been fixed and Chris Byrd affectively reaggravated it by punching him there for a full 12 rounds. I remember in the post-fight interview he said it felt fine, but didn't know what happened. That was because Byrd had a great gameplan.

ICB Guest

Well when you're completely exhausted because of stamina issues I would say that's how a KO could happen. Are YOU going to sit there and say that Bowe in Bowe-Holyfield III was a better fighter in either the first or second fights? Holyfield went for broke because he knew his body was betraying him. Who gets tired by the 2nd round? I'm sorry, but the "brutal exchange of punches" was nothing compared to anything seen in either of the other 2 fights.

And yes, Daxx, that was a way past it Holyfield. That and the fact his shoulder still wasn't working right. It had been fixed and Chris Byrd affectively reaggravated it by punching him there for a full 12 rounds. I remember in the post-fight interview he said it felt fine, but didn't know what happened. That was because Byrd had a great gameplan.
    I never said Holyfield was the same fighter in there 3rd meeting, i would be stupid to say Holyfield was anything like the fighter he was in there previous fights, but i already said it was due to physical complications, but Holyfield getting knocked out was nothing to do with him being out of breath. He was caught with devastating punches and only just beat the count he couldn't even walk forward that was nothing to do with his stamina problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to see Haye fight at heavyweight for one simple reason. He is exciting to watch and will bring some drama to a currently boring division..

I don't care if a fighter will fail or get their ass kicked in their ring adventures, I just want to see kick ass fights. Haye is capable of delivering excitement and he is dangerous. Good enough for me

Edison Miranda is one of my favorite fighters and I want to see him fight Kessler more than anyone. Do I think Miranda wins? Hell no! But man, it will be great why it lasts.

So you can accuse me of hyping him also, but the division needs Haye and more like him right now.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Haye is that great, but here's the thing, I don't think Haye needs to be THAT great to beat the current crop of heavyweights. Whose out there ? A bunch of Russian nobodies who I would give Audley Harrison a chance aganist......and I don't even rate Harrison (lol) I still think Haye has stamina and chin questions to be asked, but bar Klitschko there is not much talent out there.

Thread Information