Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default how to file income tax?

without going to some office that files your income tax for you with a fee ofcourse. Ok im tired of having to find some office to do this for me. I know people can do this on their own. So what are the proper procedures on filing an income tax to get your tax refund for the year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: how to file income tax?

I don't no either. I haven't filed mine yet. I think I'm gonna owe the IRS this time. I've been doing a lot of overtime last year. The tax bracket thing or whatever, who gives a shit?

I'm gonna file mine after the Pac fight. I don't wanna go through the anguish of figuring out how to file it by myself, so I guess I'll just pay my crooked tax preparer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    I don't no either. I haven't filed mine yet. I think I'm gonna owe the IRS this time. I've been doing a lot of overtime last year. The tax bracket thing or whatever, who gives a shit?

I'm gonna file mine after the Pac fight. I don't wanna go through the anguish of figuring out how to file it by myself, so I guess I'll just pay my crooked tax preparer.

I already got both my state and federal checks in.. and i'm pissed that the president Bush refund thing doesn't count for college students? WTF is that, we need the money just as much, if not more than everyone else.. i could've used at least another $300

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure about over there, but here, our government has a website we can go to which explains it all... And as somone mentioned, they will most likely have a program that you can download which has all the fields to fill in, and that will estimate your return, and lodge all the documents for you..

My girlfriend did her's via one of these programs last year, but accidently ticked an incorrect box, and ended up getting a tax bill for $1700.... It took a long time as well to get it cancelled and a new one lodged,, which she had to go to a professional for them to fix it..
    It ended up that she got $450 back instaed of having to pay $1700,,, but it took weeks to fix up and had to pay the accountant more because they had to fix up the problem as well as lodge a new return...

So if you do your own, just be careful that you check and re-check everything twice before lodging it.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another suggestion is to pull out your copy of your last years tax return documents.. If you havn't changed jobs or had many changes to your living conditions, most of the stuff should be pretty straight forward... Make sure you are clear on what things you can claim..
    My accountant was good like that and made sure I was able to claim all sorts of things that I didn't have receipts for like Stationary, a percentage of my phone bill, dry cleaning of work clothes, some of my petrol (he tricked me into saying I used my car for work when I really didn't). That has been the bonus of getting a professional to do my tax the last couple of years,, but i've got copies of those and am pretty familiar with what sort of things I can claim, so I feel confident I could probably do it myself this year...

Other things to look at is the effect of having private health cover etc on the return.. Sometimes if you say that you DO have private health cover, you'll get more of a refund, or maybe less refund, so check all that sort of stuff out... It's good to learn that sort of stuff anyway even if you get your tax done professionaly...

If you have investments or anything like that, you probably should see a professional as it's easy to mess up how much you need to pay for that, and could end up getting a bill that is more than you should actually be paying..

Anyway good luck! Let us know how you go.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Put it in a plain box and leave it on the steps outside their building
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    Another suggestion is to pull out your copy of your last years tax return documents.. If you havn't changed jobs or had many changes to your living conditions, most of the stuff should be pretty straight forward... Make sure you are clear on what things you can claim..
    My accountant was good like that and made sure I was able to claim all sorts of things that I didn't have receipts for like Stationary, a percentage of my phone bill, dry cleaning of work clothes, some of my petrol (he tricked me into saying I used my car for work when I really didn't). That has been the bonus of getting a professional to do my tax the last couple of years,, but i've got copies of those and am pretty familiar with what sort of things I can claim, so I feel confident I could probably do it myself this year...

Other things to look at is the effect of having private health cover etc on the return.. Sometimes if you say that you DO have private health cover, you'll get more of a refund, or maybe less refund, so check all that sort of stuff out... It's good to learn that sort of stuff anyway even if you get your tax done professionaly...

If you have investments or anything like that, you probably should see a professional as it's easy to mess up how much you need to pay for that, and could end up getting a bill that is more than you should actually be paying..

Anyway good luck! Let us know how you go.
    hey bro, i tried doing efile by myself at irs.gov. It took to damn long and it just felt more complicated so I just headed out to the local tax service. The guy took care of everything in less than 10 minutes, which made me look like a fool cause i couldn't even figure it out for 3 hours. I didn't claim all that extra stuff, all i gave to that tax service guy were my work income tax and my school claims. I left feeling glad i just finally had them take care of it, cause man my tax refund is up the chart. $$,$$$ woohoooo its 3 times more than last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

hey bro, i tried doing efile by myself at irs.gov. It took to damn long and it just felt more complicated so I just headed out to the local tax service. The guy took care of everything in less than 10 minutes, which made me look like a fool cause i couldn't even figure it out for 3 hours. I didn't claim all that extra stuff, all i gave to that tax service guy were my work income tax and my school claims. I left feeling glad i just finally had them take care of it, cause man my tax refund is up the chart. $$,$$$ woohoooo its 3 times more than last year.
    That's awesome! For a couple of years I got a fair bit back, but last year it wasn't much.. Like $200 or something.. It's a bit of a pain paying like $70 to $100 for a professional to do it, but it's kind of good to just book an appointment, go in, sit down for 10 minutes, answer a couple of questions, then it's all done and you can wait around for your return to come... My guy takes his fee out of the return and then forwards the remainder to me.. Very easy..

Thread Information