Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kiko Martinez loses in his first defense

Apologies if this has been posted but I couldn't be arsed to check.

Kiko Martinez, the man who wrecked Dunne inside a round loses to little known Leicester binman Randell Monroe

BBC SPORT | Boxing | Classy Munroe holds off Martinez

Shame McCullogh didn't get his chance with him.

I guess this looks pretty bad for Bernard Dunne

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kiko Martinez loses in his first defense

Someone (Superheavy maybe?) did a RBR of the fight.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Someone (Superheavy maybe?) did a RBR of the fight.
    Figured as much but I was on holiday over the weekend so missed it completely until checking the BBC site just now.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, you were off cavorting with Czech whores right?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way how's your course going now. Did you decide to stick with it or jack it in?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

By the way how's your course going now. Did you decide to stick with it or jack it in?
    Nah, I folded like Zab Judah under pressure. I just decided it wasn't worth it, I have 2 awesome opportunities coming up though - 1 program, which I've already been admitted to, is an Archaeological Field Technicians course, which will be awsome and qualify me to work as, well, an archaeological field technician/assistant. The other opportunity is for an archaeological field school (which is very important), I'm going through the application process at the moment. The prof. who's running it has had me in 3 of her classes and really likes me, she solicited me to do some volunteer work for her (she now works for Parks Canada) regarding some artifacts/lithics she has, so I've got a decent chance of getting in. If I get both, I'll be set and I'm only 1/2 done my degrees. There are only 15 spots in the field school though, and its open to anyone, so I don't know if I'll get in. Then again, there were only 12 spots in the other course so who knows.
    Last edited by CFH; 03-15-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: apparently I can't spell

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, I folded like Zab Judah under pressure. I just decided it wasn't worth it, I have 2 awesome opportunities coming up though - 1 program, which I've already been admitted to, is an Archaeological Field Technicians course, which will be awsome and qualify me to work as, well, an archaeological field technician/assistant. The other opportunity is for an archaeological field school (which is very important), I'm going through the application process at the moment. The prof. who's running it has had me in 3 of her classes and really likes me, she solicited me to do some volunteer work for her (she now works for Parks Canada) regarding some artifacts/lithics she has, so I've got a decent chance of getting in. If I get both, I'll be set and I'm only 1/2 done my degrees. There are only 15 spots in the field school though, and its open to anyone, so I don't know if I'll get in. Then again, there were only 12 spots in the other course so who knows.
    That sounds great news. I wouldn't feel bad about dropping a minor course anyway. Hopefully the field work will get you out of the classroom and in the outdoors which will no doubt be a welcome change of scenery.

The course sounds ace, I envy you, should be really rewarding work to painstakingly reimagine an ancient settlement and put all the pieces back together. I'd love to get onto something like that.

I was talking to Sharla last night and afterwards started looking at open university courses. I think I'd love to combine psychological studies with anthropology.

Not at all sure how to go about trying to get on a course, especially as I already have outstanding student loans from a previous failed uni attempt but I imagine if I try hard enough opportunities always open up.

I can gain entrance to any uni course as I have straight A's on my A levels, I just need to force myself to follow through with it this time!

I'm going on a second stag weekend next week but when I get back I'm going to take stock of my life and start doing something productive on here.

People like you, Sharla and Dizaster actually really inspire me. It's great to meet so many people on the boards who have such great interests.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How were those Czech whores Bilbo? Hope you brought back some interesting keepsakes that you can share with the British ladies. Chlamydia for example seems like the most likely memento.

And about the fight, Munroe played it precisely as he should have. Looked to frustrate and annoy Martinez, by staying away from the big shots and moving a lot. Didn't get caught too often and did enough to claim it well. I though the narrow scores on the judge's cards were ridiculous....I had three or four rounds in it for Munroe.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    How were those Czech whores Bilbo? Hope you brought back some interesting keepsakes that you can share with the British ladies. Chlamydia for example seems like the most likely memento.

haha we'll see, but I've got to try and laid for free first to find out

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The field school in particular would be really cool, and also goddamn expensive. It's 5.5 weeks long, in July and Aug., and it costs around $2,000 CDN, plus travel + other costs. Also, I wouldn't be able to work for almost 2 months, so I have to factor in all the costs to see if it's feasible, but all that is moot if I don't get accepted. Also, its only 1 month after the technicians/assistant course, which is also costing me over $500.
    The field school takes place on a remote island in Native territory, so it would be really cool. Aside from having to shit in an archaic outhouse and showering less than once a week that is.
    After all this, and two more years of school, I'll probably end up making $20-$30/hr. I should have been an accountant or an electrician. Well, if I could stand tedious, mind-numbing work that is.
    The course I dropped probably would have interested you, it was all about the different ways people experience, interpret, and "cure" illness and disease. It was quite interesting, but I dropped it for the reasons we discussed previously.
    I'm afraid I have no idea how the student loan process works in the U.K., so I'm of no help there.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's a link with some information about the field school if you want to check it out Bilbo.
    Anthropology Field School Postings
    They lie about transportation being covered, only the boat trip to the island is covered.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's a link with some information about the field school if you want to check it out Bilbo.
    They lie about transportation being covered, only the boat trip to the island is covered.
    Just checked the link and google maps. Looks cold and wet, but beautiful.

What kind of people lived in Canada thousands of years ago? Were they like Inuit's?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just checked the link and google maps. Looks cold and wet, but beautiful.

What kind of people lived in Canada thousands of years ago? Were they like Inuit's?
    Inuit and Native (we now call them First Nations here because Canada is about the most PC place you can find and "natives" was somehow considered derogatory - by white people of course, I think Native's prefer the term "native" generally) have a shared ancestory at some point since they all would have had to come across the Bering (sp?) Land Bridge. Once they arrived, they dispersed throughout both North and South America over time, developing different practices and subsistence patterns in situ'. I'll see if I can find a website with some good info, cause I gotta go out for a bit so I can't really write a whole lot about it atm. The prehistory of the people of Haida Gwaii (called the Queen Charlotte's) is what I'm most familiar with, its absolutely fascinating, I particularily enjoyed learning about their creation myths/stories and how they used to hurt bears and other creatures during the winter.

First Nations and Inuit-Prehistory - Land Bridge to the New World - Pathfinders and Passageways

British Columbia – Language, Heritage and Culture – Heritage and Traditions: Aboriginal Canada Portal

I haven't really looked closely at these sites, but the 2nd one in particular looks like it holds a wealth of info.
    Sorry if this post is kind of scattered, I wrote it quite quickly.
    Last edited by CFH; 03-15-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: I still can't spell

Thread Information