Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I thought JMM won the fight.

I though there would be a thread saying JMM was robbed. Whilst he definitely he was not robbed, it was a close fight, I had JMM winning by two points. I did not see the post fight interview but I heard he did say that everyone knows that he won however Pac said that he did not want another fight and that their matter was laid to rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I thought JMM won the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fl!p Flash View Post
    I'm not exactly with Lederman http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=13103 . But he had 115-112 for Pacquiao, and I only had Marquez lossing by one point.

Marquez brothers should be proud. Both of their fights are now candidate for FOTY.
    Not a lot of people realize that. Rep from me bro.

Fellow champ Nonito Donaire there folks!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely even in defeat they showed great courage and determination, Juan Manuel especially.

I feel sorry for Marquez I really thought he did enough, but just like when Ricky Hatton moved up to face Luis Collazo the judges were always going to look more favourably on the bigger name and more commercial prospect.

Not to suggest this was a conscious thing, but subconsciously I think the popular big name fighters tend to get the edge in close fights.

Sadly I feel that will be the last great Marquez performance. At 34 I think that fight will have taken its toll on him.

I also think Manny is on the decline now too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 115-112 for Marquez, Pacquaio looked uncomfortable with Marquez, i don't think he will fight him again and i don't think he wants to either!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Definitely even in defeat they showed great courage and determination, Juan Manuel especially.

I feel sorry for Marquez I really thought he did enough, but just like when Ricky Hatton moved up to face Luis Collazo the judges were always going to look more favourably on the bigger name and more commercial prospect.

Not to suggest this was a conscious thing, but subconsciously I think the popular big name fighters tend to get the edge in close fights.

Sadly I feel that will be the last great Marquez performance. At 34 I think that fight will have taken its toll on him.

wonrg, they dont look a whos moving up, in vegas its who is more exciting and thats why it pisses me off to hear that that fuck hole is the "mecca" of boxing.

there aint no god damn way in hell pac won that fight. it was close on the rounds, but anyone who hasn't got their head up their ass knows Jaun won that fight.

seriously, people need to stop fighitng in LV coz winners get fucked over time and time again by the bulshit there.

When was the last time you picked up the ring mag with a close fight and haven't seen the blast the shit scores in vegas? even when fighters have won they have won by stipd margins... its a complete joke.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you suggest Berlin?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not sure about manny being on the decline. i think he is not comfy at 130 anymore. although he made weight but he ballooned up to 145. i think thats way too heavy to gain in one day. i think he got tired quickly. and manny is trying to fight a different style. i dont agree with it. i think he should go back to his old style of fighting with pure aggression and mix up a lil counterpunching and boxing. thats his bread and butter right there.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334 View Post

im not sure about manny being on the decline. i think he is not comfy at 130 anymore. although he made weight but he ballooned up to 145. i think thats way too heavy to gain in one day. i think he got tired quickly. and manny is trying to fight a different style. i dont agree with it. i think he should go back to his old style of fighting with pure aggression and mix up a lil counterpunching and boxing. thats his bread and butter right there.
    I totally agree on you on this Josef.Pacquaio should fight with the same aggression he had before. He somewhat lost his killer instinct in that fight.

Manny should be doing what he had done during the 1st round in their first fight. He did it in the third round but he seemed to have forgotten that strategy for the rest of the fight.

Sabi ko nga, "suntok, suntok, atras". That was how to defeat Marquez.When Manny started to do it that in the third round, I knew then that Marquez will be in trouble.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised so many thought Marquez got screwed. It was a VERY close fight and the knockdown made the differnce IMO.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Marquez up 115-112. It was a great fight & very close but I thought JMM should have got the nod... a draw at the very least would have been fair!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I had Marquez up 115-112. It was a great fight & very close but I thought JMM should have got the nod... a draw at the very least would have been fair!
    for marquez fans of course they thought he won, for us pac fans we thought pac won. the judges did their very best to score it and the KD really made the difference.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    for marquez fans of course they thought he won, for us pac fans we thought pac won. the judges did their very best to score it and the KD really made the difference.
    I ain't a Marquez fan, never have been. Just scored the fight the way I saw it. The knock down didn't make the difference IMO as my final tally was 115-112 for JMM. IMO the judges got it wrong, it was a great fight spoiled by a bad decision. I'm not saying it wasn't close but the wrong guy got the win IMO!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think its the weight issues again, pac always have a problem with his weight.
    its like a cycle for him, start at 106 ktfo everyone then he literally grows and gains weight. that causes him to lose some steam up to the point that he weight drains himself so he could fight. then move up in weight then the cycle continues. back then it was easy cause he kept his speed and power

but now he is at the brink of losing his speed, ko power and stamina. moving 30lbs up plus age has taken its toll. that is why a couple of fights back roach started to train pac differently thats why he is not as explosive as before.

they are trying to prolong pacs fighting career by training him to box not to brawl anymore. i am already missing pacs explosive non stop punching style...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i had it 115-112 for marquez also

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive watched it twice more now and score it by 2 for Marquez....Marquez DESERVES a rematch. Who the hell cares about a Diaz fight after this??

Manny looked like the loser in the post fight interviews as compared to Marquez and its only fair that Marquez has a chance to fix what the judges scored wrongly this time out.

Anything else is running chicken...
    Last edited by Gandalf; 03-17-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: revised view

Thread Information