Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anderson Silva wants Vanderlei Silva: might jump to 205

Anderson has stated that he hates Vanderlei & wanted to jump up to light heavyweight and fight him! What will be the outcome!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anderson Silva wants Vanderlei Silva: might jump to 205

This is probably a stupid question, but I really don't know much about MMA, are they related?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both Brazillian but not related. Anderson is black, Wanderlai is white.

If they do fight Anderson would whup Wanderlai's ass imo.

I want to see Anderson move up and fight Forrest Griffin, Chuck Lydell and Rampage Jackson

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I want to see Anderson move up and fight Forrest Griffin, Chuck Lydell and Rampage Jackson
    I guess that shows how unfamiliar I am with MMA.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

It's a great sport, a lot more unpredictable than boxing and there is rarely any mismatching. Any fighter can literally lose on any night and upsets and drama happen all the time.

I really enjoy it now and used to be hater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anderson is better than those guys p4p riht now, but 20lbs is a lot to give up. and it is a true 20lbs because even if anderson walks around at 195, the guys at lhw walk around at 215.

he truly is great, but at some point he'll be giving away too much strength. wandy is getting old so maybe anderson could win this one, but i doubt he ever would have been able to take wandy in his prime.... too strong, too mean, too aggressive....etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

k
    It's a great sport, a lot more unpredictable than boxing and there is rarely any mismatching. Any fighter can literally lose on any night and upsets and drama happen all the time.

I really enjoy it now and used to be hater.

all things true. it's fun to watch and the true greats like anderson silva and couture and dan henderson and liddel are truly world class athletes and fighters. but still at this point, there are some srubbs in mma simply because of the small pond syndrome (which is quickly changing) so as of right now i still appreciate the sweet science and beauty of boxing a little more than the cruder standup of mma. the ground game, when executed properly by a nick diaz or the like, is a thing of beauty too, but again, not a lot of truly great tacticians at this point.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Anderson does jump I'd like to see how the increased body mass affects his ground game.
    If he moves up and is equal in terms of speed and slickness I feel he beats Wanderlai, but ironically I see him losing to Rampage as he is too willing to trade (unlike Wanderlai)
    I also think Lidell may beat him, but I'd be interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: Anderson Silva wants Vanderlei Silva: might jump to 205

I agree that the axe murderer is over the hill and in my oppinion anderson was always more talented. But I think thats as far as he can go, he can't beat rampage but i would be interested in seeing him fight liddel.

On another note I just got knocked out for the first time.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Howdy Guys and greetings from Baghdad

Von I appreciated you msg...I still drop in and read occasionally but rarely have time to sit and post. I think that Anderson is fighting on a level all his own right now. At this juncture he would own Wandy much like Mirko did. Now Wandy 5 years ago would be a toss up for me. I'd have to see how the Spider fights at 205 before I could pick him, but it would still be a hell of a fight. On the other hand I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him against Rampage. Quinton has come ALONG way, but I don't know if he is a better striker than Anderson. If he could impose his strength and physical attributes I think he could win, but if Silva were able to fight from the outside and take the fight deep he might be able to win. I just remember Wandy's knees bouncing off of Page's head. Chuck is wild card here. He has the best KO power off all of them, but would need a much better game plan than he has shown lately. Chuck's chin would be the deciding factor. We know he is willing to take to give, so if Anderson were to try to bang with him and Chuck could weather the storm I think he puts the Spider to sleep. But if Silva uses a similar tactic like Jardine then he get a late KO or UD. I hope all you are doing well, and keep my soldiers in your thoughts. Its getting wild over here.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great seein ya Van...odd that you return the day before I do :P Glad you're staying safe over there.

To CFH, Silva in Brazil is like Smith in America. I work with 3 Silvas, and none of them are even remotely related (well, I lied....two of them have married cousins, so they're like second cousins in law or something wacky like that)

I would like to think that Wandy would destroy Anderson (henceforth referred to as Silva, cuz I kept typing it as such and didn't notice until rereading,) but I honestly think it's a crap shoot until we see how Silva does with the extra weight. He's an INCREDIBLY technical fighter with intensely accurate strikes that ought to pick apart Wandy's wild strikes, but if Wandy can bully him around and outmuscle him in the clinch, it would be very bad night for Silva. However, with Silva's recent showings, he lacks that killer instinct that brought him so many victories. He's almost gunshy since CroCop destroyed him.

As far as Silva vs Chuck, this ought to be an easy matchup (in my opinion) for Silva, provided he takes the weight well as above. I've long said that Chuck would easily fall to a technical, accurate striker. He lacks the skills that make good head movement difficult/dangerous (well, perhaps not lacks as much as doesn't utilize.) His punches may be powerful, but he leaves himself very open (see his 2nd loss against Rampage), and Silva can exploit that very well. I don't see him possibly beating Chuck in the clinch, so I can't see that being a factor in this fight. Chuck can take a beating, but he's clearly subject to being KOd.

Either way, I have a feeling both fights would both play out and end explosively.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post
    anderson is better than those guys p4p riht now, but 20lbs is a lot to give up. and it is a true 20lbs because even if anderson walks around at 195, the guys at lhw walk around at 215.

he truly is great, but at some point he'll be giving away too much strength. wandy is getting old so maybe anderson could win this one, but i doubt he ever would have been able to take wandy in his prime.... too strong, too mean, too aggressive....etc
    a young,hungry( cash) wanderlei WILL kill anyone! he is no longer the the fighter he used to be though..gone is the ultra aggressive style he is known for...Anderson is very accurate with his strikes but if wandy can get through those punches without much damages..anderson silva will be in a world of hurting ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think the weight is an issue here .

Anderson stopped Henderson and Henderson stopped a prime Wvanderlie . Wvanderlie has only got older since .

I reckon Anderson wins this pretty easily if it ever happens. No UFC fighter can touch him .

Thread Information