Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate to say it but..Hopkins might do a number on Calzaghe!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hate to say it but..Hopkins might do a number on Calzaghe!!!

Loves ruining a southpaw and is a classic counter puncher even at his age...
    Vastly experienced and dirty with it plus Joe has NO experience at Light Heavy at all.
    Just think he might have the awkward style to frustrate Cally and grind out a street war.
    Just a gut feeling
    Yours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hate to say it but..Hopkins might do a number on Calzaghe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Vastly experienced and dirty with it plus Joe has NO experience at Light Heavy at all.
    Just think he might have the awkward style to frustrate Cally and grind out a street war.
    Just a gut feeling
    Yours?
    I appreciate what your saying, but Nard throws about 10 punches a round 3 of them are legal

Joe is to busy with good footwork as well as timing and closing the distance.. I hate to say this but Joe will get NO credit for beating Hopkins because I see this being the fight that Bernard looks his age... I would be suprised if Hopkins wins 3 rounds. Calzaghe by Lopsided UD

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bika dragged Joe into an ugly fight a few years back and was nowhere near a Hopkins,that is a worry
    Obviously being a Londoner like Joe (hehehe) i want him to batter Hopkins silly but he knows some cute tricks.
    I like the one he got away with against Winky....pulling his man onto a lunging headbutt but cleverly blocking the refs vision of it with his arm!
    Seen him do this a few times and if he can get his man to leak some claret then it seriously makes you change your gameplan.
    Joe is a master at adapting to a style during a fight but Hopkins is strong,dirty and cute as f*ck with it.
    Very clever fighter is Hopkins.

ICB Guest

Bika dragged Joe into an ugly fight a few years back and was nowhere near a Hopkins,that is a worry
    Obviously being a Londoner like Joe (hehehe) i want him to batter Hopkins silly but he knows some cute tricks.
    I like the one he got away with against Winky....pulling his man onto a lunging headbutt but cleverly blocking the refs vision of it with his arm!
    Seen him do this a few times and if he can get his man to leak some claret then it seriously makes you change your gameplan.
    Joe is a master at adapting to a style during a fight but Hopkins is strong,dirty and cute as f*ck with it.
    Not just the Bika fight Calzaghe also struggled in ugly fights with Reid, Salem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Joe to kick the ever livin piss out of Hopkins, Joe has proven he is one tough cookie and is a master tecnician in his own right with his perfected craft... Hop will get old in the 1st 3 rounds and it will be apparent that he cant run with the big boys anymore...... Calzaghe will retire him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree...Hopkins WILL do a number on him.

I don't think we'll see Calzaghe with his usual workrate...not after he gets countered with a couple of straight rights.

I'll take Hopkins by unanimous decision.

ICB Guest

I think a lot of people just think Calzaghe will be able to go in there and just out work Hopkins and throw punches from all angles. Thats not the case folks Hopkins can stop Calzaghe's work rate with clinches and etc. Calzaghe should box and use his Southpaw jab, if he gets involved on the inside against Hopkins he will get roughed up big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey ICB I heard you have Calzaghe's career set.

Do you reckon Robin Reid was 'robbed' or should have got the verdict in their match.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Hey ICB I heard you have Calzaghe's career set.

Do you reckon Robin Reid was 'robbed' or should have got the verdict in their match.
    It was a very close fight with Calzaghe winning the early rounds, then Reid started to come on strong in middle rounds catching Calzaghe constantly with lead right hands. Reid had a point deducted in the 8th round i think it was ?? the later rounds were close but what i noticed is that yes Calzaghe may have been outworking Reid in some rounds, but Reid was landing the much more hurtful blows as he was able to rock Calzaghe many times, and land good body shots. I had the fight a draw the last time i see it, but the judges score cards were terrible, all 3 judges had it 116-111, 116-111, 116-111.

I believe the punch stats were dead even as well both men landed exactly the same amount of punches if i remember right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is very high risk, low reward, at least in terms of reputation (though not in terms of money). He'll get no credit for the win, and he get killed in reputation if he loses to old man Bernie. Since Bernard has a good chance of winning, it's a big risk for him, but he'll get a good payday and if he wins, he sets himself up for one more career capping fight, with Pavlik or Taylor.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a gut feeling
    Yours?
    I think it's the toughest fight yet for JC, but think he nicks it 116-112

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna take Joe by MD.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Swapped back to Hopkins again Smash?

Before the fight you'll be back on Calzaghe.. gauranteed.. then Hopkins, then Calzaghe....

Only problem I see for Joey boyo is the fight being in Vegas. He could get "robbed."

And even if not robbed, Hopkins will make the fight as boring and ugly as humanly possible.. so tough to score.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot see anything other than a Galzaghe win. Sure it is his first time at light heavy and it is away from home and it is against a spoiler who once was a great fighter in his own country. It will be exactly like the Bika fight and Joe will out point him 115-113.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At first I thought it would be an easy UD for Joe, but loads of writers seem to be making a case for B-hop and they're making me a little twitchy, but that happens every Joe C fight for me.

Though B-hop was at middle for a long time, he does seem to have more physicallity than JC. IUt's going to be tough for Joe, but IMO it's his fight to lose. If he boxes behind his jab early he can get rounds in the bank, forcing B-hop to take the initiative later on then he can be the counter puncher. As long as JC doesn't make the mistakes, I feel he should win comfortably. He should be experienced enough by now, I think the Kessler fight was a good warm up for this one since he also followed a strategy of countering Joe with straight rights, as long as Joe doesn't give too many opportunities he should be all right.

Thread Information