Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default help me - why boxing isn't dangerous

can someone give me a list of things y starting boxing is not danguros. so that i can convice my mum to let me start

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: help me

It be my pleasure dude,

Tell your ma this

"Did you know there are more injuries in cheerleading than there is in boxing?"
    "Yeah mom, and did you know more people in college football get injured than all of boxing?"

Boxing isn't just safer than other sport, it puts things into perspectives like confidence determination and that kinda resilience to bouce right back on your feet after getting knocked down. It teaches you discipline, and patience. The real trophy is training, not only are you learning how to fight, your learning how cope with anything.

Things aren't as dangerous as people think, you'll have headgear to protect your head, a mouthguard to protect your teeth, Handwraps to protect the hands, and Boxing gloves to protect each other.

Just tell mom the facts, boxing isn't bad because...
    -You have a coach watching you when you spar.
    -You have protective gear
    -it's safer than most other sports (Injuries are more calculated)
    -It teaches you patience, determination, and gives you confidence, more so than other sports.
    -Your also learning a magestic sport, "The Sweet Science" You'll learn techniques, skills and train youself to become a better person.

Boxing's a great sport, giving people the opportunity to become great is many respects.

-Rocky
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers dude hope it works

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good luck, if all goes well that, your next concern should be on finding a good gym, just a club with no trouble.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: help me - why boxing isn't dangerous

didnt work  time for plan b lol
    ask if i could do it ithout fighting and if she still says no thats tahts just not fair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Use some crap about how your following your dream and tell her if someone tries to fight you at least you'll b fit enough to run away!
    lol, make her tea or something! lol go on my son!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does boxing mean to ya? If it was me I'd tell her what it meant to me, I'de tell her there's nothing else I would like to do more, tell her I wouldn't get into trouble, and ask her if she'd rather have me boxing instead of doing drugs and hang'n out with the wrong kinda people. I'de never quit too, I'd bug her nonstop, and after all that ask what is it gonna take you her to let me box, and I wouldn't ever drop the subject until I'm boxing.

As Dave suggested, you could kiss up to her, make her feel like she's one in a million. It's funny how most mothers wouldn't even think twice about signing their kids of for Karate, but when it comes to boxing, they are up over the edge about it, in boxing it takes dedication to become successful, maybe this is just a test for ya.

-Regards, Rocky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yh my moms partner does karata and he came home with a broken rip from sparing and she still lets him continue and she doesent even give me a chance to box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if this will help you, but here goes anyway. I boxed with other neighborhood kids when I was a kid. When I got old enough I started to study Karate. During my studies I had more injuries than you could think of. Broken hand, broken toe, infected shin, kicked in the face, the list goes on. I took up boxing seriously in 1990. I took my time and looked around for a good trainer and gym, one that would take me along slow and not allow some ego maniac to get in the ring and beat me up. I am 54 now and still do the boxing workout. I still spar, but I take it easier than I did before. I've never been seriously hurt while boxing. I've had the occasional sore nose, etc., but never anything serious. My son is 18 and is on his college boxing team. I told him it is the best confidence builder he can ever have. It'll also get you in the best shape ever. When I look back on it I think boxing is a lot less dangerous than karate. The coach I study under is more knowledgeable than the guy that ran the karate dojo. Go check some places out and maybe even bring your mom with you (I know, it's embarassing), but if you find a good gym or club with good trainers you won't regret having done it. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok how old are you?

the best way to approach this is to be mature about it. dont throw tantrums, because your parents will be convicned that your not ready for it.
    there are no 2 ways about it, you will get hurt in boxing, but not permanently. its dangerous...temporarily. the worst thats gonna happen is your gonna crack a rib or your gonna break your nose. your mum has heard about all these horrible accidents, or probabely doesnt want you to end up like muhammed ali.

alternatively try this!
    go and pick a fight with the biggest and hardest (excuse the word, im british) kid in your school, and try to win. not only will you develop a reputation as a nutter, but your likely to get your head caved in. then go home with all the bumps and bruises and claim your being bullied and you want to know how to take care of yourself. your parents will be buying you all the kit from then onwards in assistance to your self help. then at some point take them aside and say thanks for being so supportive.

i did this myself and it worked like clockwork. just make sure they kid you try to fight wont get beaten, and make sure you block his punches with your eyes, mouth and nose!

alex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tell her if u can box then youll work on ur grades a lot more (worked like a charm for me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what age do they let you start fighting at?

or iz it any age?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

alex.. pretty much what I was gonna say. If your moms not going to let you fight in a club.. well.. fight in the street. Eventually you will begin to become pretty good at it.. or at least good at taking a beating. It's also a good way to find out if you really want to be a fighter. If you fight enough in the street.. eventually your mom will see that's just what you are.. a fighter. And from a man who has much experiance in his 23 years.. its a lot better to get hit in the ring then in the street. But down side.. once you get to a trainer, he's going to have to change all the bad habbits you have from street fighting.. but at least you have some experiance, and no body can ever take that from you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and you get cool scars! w00t w00t
    yeah, just remember that when you get in the ring you can bite and shit, *cough tyson cough*
    i do valetudo and muay thai and have to hold myself from kicking/elbowing/headbutting when i get in the ring

Thread Information