Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shame on Ring Mag and Shame on the WBC!

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Shame on Ring Mag and Shame on the WBC!

According to the Ring Magazine, Floyd has been the #1 Welter Weight for 102 weeks.

Floyd became a Welter Weight on Nov 19, 2005 to face Sharmba Mitchell Floyd took him out in 6
    Note: Paul Williams took out Sharmba Mitchell in 4

Floyd has not fought a Welter Weight since Nov 04, 2006

On Sept 09, 2008 Floyd will be facing ODLH. Oscar has not been a Welter Weight since the year 2001.

With this being said, Floyd will have had that WBC trinket for nearly 2 years with out defending it
    against a true Welter Weight. WTF!

BTW, anyone who says that Ricky is a Welter Weight should be laughed at and banned from this forum.

Floyd has already said he is not trying to fight any Welter Weights.
    Why is he still allowed to hang on to this belt?

OUCH!

Reality Check people!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shame on Ring Mag and Shame on the WBC!

floyd is a fraud, he has fought one fwocking guy on that list and off all of them its sad fcking judah who should be at 140 just like hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Damn Floyd is giving money to somebody under the table.....Ahhhhhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you haven't already noticed by my avatar or some posts,I am not a Floyd fan for this exact reason. He has had the history of selecting his way thru the rankings/divisions and usually skipped the best possible opposition while doing it. Go scan boxrec and see his various title wins. Look at the date he fought and then go look thru the list of fighters who were still viable at that date. Most of those guys he "skipped",a trick Mosley has done as well but thats another story. When he fought some of the actual best,at their proper weight and age,the fights were disputable and most already know which fight I am speaking of in particular. His true biggest wins have come over the smaller,older or not mature enough fighters. I can't say has ALWAYS done so but a 50% ratio is TOO much. Just my opinion.
    I once was a Floyd fan until I started noticing this pattern. It,mixed with his personality were just too much of a turn off as a fan for me.
    Judah was mentioned here too. Floyd didn't beat Judah,Zab beat himself just like he always does excluding the Cotto fight where he was simply bested in his best performance focus-wise.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC won't do shit, because Floyd is a cash cow for them, and we all know how Jose Sulaiman and his son like to extract unnecessary fees from the fighters, aka the $25,000 they pilfered from Pavlik.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya know what?Im tired of dancing around it.....Floyd Is a Carnival barker and has no interest in meeting with the top Welters unless there clad in Platnum robes and shitting gold coins for him.He will sit back and let them sort it out amongst themselves and then and only then will he grace us with his mighty presence when a "credible" Champion emerges.......Maybe?A great boxer,Ring Technician and craft master no doubt.KO of hatton impressed but why go backwards with a rematch few really want (?) except there accountants. He is givng DeLaHoya a run for his money when it comes to the P4P Diva Title.Spoiled lil' bitch.

He is only about the dollars which is fine and all but Piss or get off the pot!!He and Oscar are in the backroom high fiving one another and laughing there ass's off.When the dust settles from Mosley,Williams,Quintana,Cotto,Margarito,Cintron,C lottey,etc.etc. What then?Maybe we will have to wait for a rematch with The Big-Show before he gets in and meets the top Guys??

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is Ricky Hatton not a weltwerweight?

He was former welterweight champion of the world.

By the way who are all these true welters that Cotto has faced?

He beat Quintana who was a welter admittedly, to win a VACANT belt vacated by the previous welterweight champ Ricky Hatton.

Then he beat Oktay Urkal who spent his entire career at LIGHT welter

Then he beat Zab Judah who I think was a welter, but Floyd FOUGHT HIM ALSO

Then he fought Shane Mosely who came DOWN from 154 lbs

So Cotto by your own estimation has fought 2 welterweights.

Floyd has fought Judah and Baldomir which makes two also.

Floyd has fought 4 times at 147 lbs facing two welters, Cotto has fought 4 times at welter also, again fighting only two welters.

Furthermore his next fight is against Alphonso Gomez who has campaigned mostly at 154 recently.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

He beat Quintana who was a welter admittedly, to win a VACANT belt vacated by the previous welterweight champ Ricky Hatton.

Floyd has fought 4 times at 147 lbs facing two welters, Cotto has fought 4 times at welter also, again fighting only two welters.

Furthermore his next fight is against Alphonso Gomez who has campaigned mostly at 154 recently.

Hope this helps
    Oh cmon Bilbo your using reasoning and facts... That dosent work with this bunch

according to them Cotto has a 18inch cack, walks on water, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, is more powerful than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd will be the champ until he retires or looses. Bottom line. In the old days, guys like Bradock, Dempsey, and Johnson would defend the title once a year, so there is nothing new with floyd.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Ricky had only fight at Welter Weight against Collazo.
    Everyone thought Ricky lost that fight and his face showed proof of it. He was chased back down to JR. Welter Weight.
    End of Story.

Got a gift. Collazo was robbed and Ricky was afraid to rematch. Some Welter weight that was.

Cotto has only been a welter since DECEMBER of 2006 that is a little over a year.

99 % of Quintanas fights have been at Welter Weight. Why do you keep bringing up that Jr Welter Weight Ricky Hatton. RICKY IS NOT A WELTER WEIGHT. 99.8 % of
    Rickys fights have been at JR Welter Weight. BTW, Did you miss Quintana beating Williams? *Cough*

Oktay was a mandatory, who became a Welter in 2005.

Come Setp, it will be nearly TWO years since Floyd has faced a Welter Weight. Get that thru your skull.

Shane has had 10 Welter Weight fights and plans to stay at 147 this makes him a Welter. Ricky is not a real Wetler.

No, this is by your ASStimation. If you look hard enough, you will see that all of his opponents are and have been campaingning at 147.
    Ricky is again campaigning at 140 what don't you understand about this? I thought you were smart.

In Sept, it will have been nearly TWO years since he has faced a Welter Weight. You dont get it?
    Cotto has not been a Welter Weight as long as Floyd and Ring mag claim he has. there is about a years difference.

You are making shit up by saying Cotto is not fighting Welter weight every fighter Cotto has faced at Welter continues to campaign at Welter.
    Ricky is campaigning at 140 Jr Welter. Cotto has only been a welter for about a year.

Gomez has had 15 fights at Welter Weight and he plans on staying there.

Hope this helps
    No, you did not help. I helped you though.
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 03-22-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd beat the guy who was the Ring champion at 147 (Baldomir).

Cotto just became a legit contender for Floyd's title within the past 6-9 months.

If we were to list all the big fights that took more than a year or two to come together, we'd be here all day and the list would probably run off the page.

Cotto fans need to calm down here. Twelve months from now in March 2009, if they're both undefeated and no fight is signed, then we'll talk.

What's disappointing is that there are people on this board who are good boxing fans and can contribute in a lot of different discussions, yet they waste all their time and energy on Floyd/Cotto conspiracy theories. There are more interesting things going on in the sport of boxing!

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post

Cotto just became a legit contender for Floyd's title within the past 6-9 months.

If we were to list all the big fights that took more than a year or two to come together, we'd be here all day and the list would probably run off the page.

Cotto fans need to calm down here. Twelve months from now in March 2009, if they're both undefeated and no fight is signed, then we'll talk.

What's disappointing is that there are people on this board who are good boxing fans and can contribute in a lot of different discussions, yet they waste all their time and energy on Floyd/Cotto conspiracy theories. There are more interesting things going on in the sport of boxing!
    The list of fights that should have happend would be much larger.
    In 2009 you will be singing with me or I will be singing with you. Knowing PBF, I think my tune will prevail and you will be making apologees to the forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    In 2009 you will be singing with me or I will be singing with you. Knowing PBF, I think my tune will prevail and you will be making apologees to the forum
    You're right, by 2009 we'll know who's right and who's wrong.

So why not spend 2008 talking about the fights that are actually happening instead of starting threads everyday about this fight that isn't happening?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I exactly agree , but about Baldomir i don't want take off credits of him but , Judah loss with him before the fight begin by his stupid and no-professional behavior , he underestimated him too , he thought that Baldomir was a piece of cake and was the contrary because Baldomir not even look like a threat boxer , so that kind of behavior is that F*ck to Judah.....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    You're right, by 2009 we'll know who's right and who's wrong.

So why not spend 2008 talking about the fights that are actually happening instead of starting threads everyday about this fight that isn't happening?
    Really can not see to many at all getting pummed up and clamoring for a GBP cash-grab rematch while the top 7-8 welters have fights pending with one another or just coming of the same.

Me personnaly I want the man with the biggest swagger to get in class and start sorting it out as a dominate champion.I don't care if it's Cotto,winner of Margarito/Cintron...someone .What really happens if,A big If Imo, Oscar defeats Mayweather? Trilogy ........we Wait another 1 or 2 years.?

Thread Information