Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anybody ever seen these Ring ranked fighters?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anybody ever seen these Ring ranked fighters?

1) Jackson Bonsu, Rated number 10 by the Ring in the ultra competitive welterweight division. I've never seen him fight, anyone know him? Where's he from, what nationality/colour, whats his style, any good?

2)SERGEI DZINDZIRUK Unbeaten Jr Middleweight, highly rated Ive never seen him at all.

3) David Lopez, ranked number 9 at middleweight, I've never even heard of him. His record looks crap 33-12, why is he Ring ranked?

Also why isn't Wlad now declared the Ring champ?

You can argue he hasn't unified yet but had Bernard Hopkins and Ivan Calderon are considered Ring champs and surely Wlad has done more then them in his division, BHop having just one fight at light heavy and Calderon only 2 fights at Jr Flyweight?

Ok, that's my questions for now, answers on a postcard to B Baggine, at Hobbity Hole Caves,......or just reply here, probably easier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anybody ever seen these Ring ranked fighters?

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    1) Jackson Bonsu, Rated number 10 by the Ring in the ultra competitive welterweight division. I've never seen him fight, anyone know him? Where's he from, what nationality/colour, whats his style, any good?

2)SERGEI DZINDZIRUK Unbeaten Jr Middleweight, highly rated Ive never seen him at all.

3) David Lopez, ranked number 9 at middleweight, I've never even heard of him. His record looks crap 33-12, why is he Ring ranked?

Also why isn't Wlad now declared the Ring champ?

You can argue he hasn't unified yet but had Bernard Hopkins and Ivan Calderon are considered Ring champs and surely Wlad has done more then them in his division, BHop having just one fight at light heavy and Calderon only 2 fights at Jr Flyweight?

Ok, that's my questions for now, answers on a postcard to B Baggine, at Hobbity Hole Caves,......or just reply here, probably easier
    To be champ, as recognized by The Ring, you have beat the champ, or if the title is vacant, there has to be a fight between the #1 and #2 ranked fighters. Those rules are simple, rigid and never change.

Hopkins and Calderon both beat the current champion to become champion(Tarver & Carzara).

While Wlad has been ranked #1 since beating Chris Byrd in April, 2006, he has never fought the #2 contender, Sam Peter to fill the vacancy.

Until that point, the the title will remain vacant. That is why I will be rooting for Peter when he fight Vitali, so that we can finally get a Undisputed Heavyweight Champ again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right now the Jr. Middleweight division is weak. So, that may be a reason for the polish guy.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't Bonsu the guy invovled in a FOTY candidate on the Mormeck Bell undercard last year? French fighter>?Maybe I'm mistaken. I've heard he is highly rated though.

Dzinziruk is Euro style fighter,high hands,rather robotic,but very very accurate and good powr in both hands. Very economical but precise and can throw nice combinations. I've seen 2/3 of his fights,the best example of his skill being the Daniel Santos fight. I don't think he'll ever leave his backyard though!

Not sure about David Lopez,sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jackson Bonsu fights out of Belgium but was born in Ghana. He is the current European Welterweight champ.

Has won over 20 fights with all but a few coming by KO. He has lost once when taking a fight at short notice and under prepared.

He carries power through to the latter stages of fights as his one punch KO of an Italian challenger to his EBU title will prove.

Has not really faced any stiff opposition yet but his power will always give him a chance.

If you type his name into Youtube a few of his fights are on there.
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it interesting that you can be from one place, then move and get a European belt. That never made much sense to me, since it is like a local thing.

If I moved to europe, I don't think I should be able to fight for the Inter-Cont. belt as I am an American. Just a thought....
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    I find it interesting that you can be from one place, then move and get a European belt. That never made much sense to me, since it is like a local thing.

If I moved to europe, I don't think I should be able to fight for the Inter-Cont. belt as I am an American. Just a thought....
    Hey come on didn't Mike Mollo and Andrew Golota fight for the Latino heavyweight title or some shit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here you go Mate...Have seen video of Bonsu and found some clips fore you on YOuTube

Bonsu
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=D_fBqwBVzcA
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ngVt0QSw1s
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=i3iGwAYpa-k&feature=related

I have only read and seen pics of Sergei and clips of Lopez
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers Daxx I'd give you rep but I have to spread first

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seen David Lopez a few times .He had some early losses and Is somewhat of a rangy do or die type.His Destuction of The Comebacking & undefeated Lonnie Bradley who was coming back from Retina surgery, a few years ago was very Brutal at a time when Some believed Bradley could still be Viable.His weight has bounced everywhere from Jr Welt (?) up to Lt.Heavy but has seemed to settle down at Middle.Not really anything stands out As I remember but Is a solid southpaw comer with good pop and is on a pretty good streak after late round TKO loss to Zuniga for an Alphabet Title.Might be fun while it last's?

Thread Information