Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had Casamayor gotten the W in his close fights,would he be P4P?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Had Casamayor gotten the W in his close fights,would he be P4P?

This guy has fought the ebst of his generation,the old warriors,the young guns and all his losses have all been close. He is tremendously skilled and at 36,is still beating up these youngsters.What do you think? Here's how I hd his close fights:

JLC-thought he deserved to lose this,I had JLC by one.

Freitas-he wons this for sure imo.

Corrales-second fight,I had Corrales but again,could have had it for Cas.

Campbell-close,think I had a draw

Raiymukilov-I haven't seen this,ca anyone fill me in>?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Had Casamayor gotten the W in his close fights,would he be P4P?

I'd say yes. If he'd gotten even half those decisions he certainly would have been p4p more recently... I'm sure the Santa Cruz fight would have hurt his standing regardless what happened b4, but he really vindicated himself tonight(just watched the fight, GREAT action). I always like Casa though, thought he beat Castillo. The Raiymukulov fight was the worst decision he's received in his career. If you thought the others were even close to being Casa win's he definetly owned Kid Diamon, stupid decision.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can make a case for Casa beating every guy he has ever fought and at this level over such a duration thats pretty impressive .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    This guy has fought the ebst of his generation,the old warriors,the young guns and all his losses have all been close. He is tremendously skilled and at 36,is still beating up these youngsters.What do you think? Here's how I hd his close fights:

JLC-thought he deserved to lose this,I had JLC by one.

Freitas-he wons this for sure imo.

Corrales-second fight,I had Corrales but again,could have had it for Cas.

Campbell-close,think I had a draw

Raiymukilov-I haven't seen this,ca anyone fill me in>?

I thought Casa beat Kid Diamond, but he did get one of the biggest gifts against Santa Cruz. Casa has had a funny career. I think he might of been too good for a lot of guys. He was defiantly avoided a lot and never given the credit I think he justly deserved.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well you can't have it both ways. Give him the loss on the fights he def. lost...............Santa Cruz comes to mind. Don't act like Casa is the victim here.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From 200-2005 I had Cass on my P4P list...His fight with Diamond was more attributed to Joel having a long lay off and managerial problems then Diamond actually pushing him to the limit....He beat Campbell handily and got the UD so not sure where that came from....

His fight with JLC was razor thin and JLC was elite at the time...The bout could have gone either way but no shame in anyone losing to JLC in 2004....

I said this in another post...Cassamayor has been avoided and shafted due to attitude in this business before...He has never been soundly beaten and the Freitas fight is the only one where the judges actually had him losing by UD..why I am not sure but it goes on paper that way and no use arguing about it now...

Cassamayor is one of those fighters that 5 years after he retires they will speak of how good he really was and not until then
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Kats ahead 2 points until he walked in into that Casa's right hand. Kats was on the roll but got too excited and careless. He must have forgotten he was fighting an elite fighter for the first time.

What a fight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ragintorent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    From 200-2005 I had Cass on my P4P list...His fight with Diamond was more attributed to Joel having a long lay off and managerial problems then Diamond actually pushing him to the limit....He beat Campbell handily and got the UD so not sure where that came from....

His fight with JLC was razor thin and JLC was elite at the time...The bout could have gone either way but no shame in anyone losing to JLC in 2004....

I said this in another post...Cassamayor has been avoided and shafted due to attitude in this business before...He has never been soundly beaten and the Freitas fight is the only one where the judges actually had him losing by UD..why I am not sure but it goes on paper that way and no use arguing about it now...

Cassamayor is one of those fighters that 5 years after he retires they will speak of how good he really was and not until then
    Only one "s" in Casa, mi amigo.

Are you telling me the only productive thing you have to say is there is only 1 "S" in Casa?......What is that supposed to make you smart?...Show us your massive boxing knowledge?.....So F"ING what I type fast and add another S....OHHHHH big deal..I mis-type a 100 words makes no difference on what I am talking about.......

You are batting 1000 around here mate........TELLLLLLL YOOOUUU WHHHATTTT.........

I'll add another S to CASSSAMAYOR...and throw you some bad rep on top of it.......

To bad your boxing knowledge isn't as good as your spelling..or you might have had a decent post since you have been here...

Oh wait forgot to give you a big ole' WELCOME!!! How rude of me...

Welcome Aboard....TOOL
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 03-24-2008 at 04:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ragintorent View Post

Only one "s" in Casa, mi amigo.

Are you telling me the only productive thing you have to say is there is only 1 "S" in Casa?......What is that supposed to make you smart?...Show us your massive boxing knowledge?.....So F"ING what I type fast and add another S....OHHHHH big deal..I mis-type a 100 words makes no difference on what I am talking about.......

You are batting 1000 around here mate........TELLLLLLL YOOOUUU WHHHATTTT.........

I'll add another S to CASSSAMAYOR...and throw you some bad rep on top of it.......

To bad your boxing knowledge isn't as good as you spelling..or you might have had a decent post since you have been here
    Here we go

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres no shame in any of casa loses. IMO his career can kinda be compared to JMM. Atleast casa had the opportunity to fight chico,frietas and castillo. As Jmm he only had gotten to fight pac 4 years ago and that became a draw. then he had to wait 3 years more to get at mab. then another year to rematch pac. Casa and Jmm were avoided a bit but alteast casa got to fight all three, frietas,chico, and castillo while jmm only gotten the oppurtinity from pac.

To be honest i miss those lightweights especially chico castillo has been dissapointing not making weight at all but i still like him as a fighter and even frietas. He quit twice but I still respect him cause even though he quit twice, at the end of the day he has that beautiful wife to sleep with

As for casa, I never really like him as much as the other three but I like his skills. I just don't agree when he lost to castillo and chico he called them pussies for avoiding him to fight eachother. i can't respect the things casa say. His a great fighter though

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had him pound for pound for a while actually. I don't think he's a top ten fighter in the world now by any means so even with his accomplishments I wouldn't have him in now but I used to have him in the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah once again Tool...Big deal I spell his name with 2 SS's while on the forums typing...I really pay no attention to spelling when posting...and especially adding an S or forgetting one...stupid shit...but again like I said shows what you actually know about the sport or shows you have issues if that is important to you...

Tell ya what if it makes you feel any better I checked my cell phone contacts and in there I have his name spelled right....Now you can sleep well knowing I can spell Casamayor

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You really call Casa??
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    You really call Casa??
    No I don't just call him up and chat about the weather LOl..I have his home and cell numbers though...Besides I only mentioned it to be sarcastic not announce my contacts in the sport...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you have peter manfredo's?

Thread Information