Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quintana ask more money for the rematch with Williams....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Quintana ask more money for the rematch with Williams....

He said that he don't going receive the same amount of money that received in the first fight with Williams and wish to change the date of the fight to Jun / 14 and not to Jun / 7 ......Although he said in a conference yesterday , that suppose to earn more money for this rematch than the first fight , they are offering me the minimum he said , in which esteem that Quintana earned a salary of $250,000 in the first fight and he think for the rematch deserve and cost more than $250,000.....In my opinion i don't know what is difference between the dates of 7 or 14 of Jun , is only 1 week , Why he cant?......and about the Purse i think that he deserve a fair Purse for his rematch........

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Quintana ask more money for the rematch with Williams....

He should definitely be making more for a rematch.

It wouldn't bother me at all if he stuck a finger up at Paul Williams and told him to go fuck himself, after all that's what Williams did to Tony when he took his belt in a close fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he's the cahmp now.
    A rematch with Williams is a little risky so he should get paid for it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More power to him. In the first fight he was just a stepping stone for Paul, an interchangable opponent. Now its Paul who has to redeem himself. Quintana has every right to be paid more for this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he is the champ, he deserves to get paid more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesnt have to get give Williams the rematch.He is the champ now so he should get more money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    He doesnt have to get give Williams the rematch.He is the champ now so he should get more money.
    I think that is a mandatory fight , if it is , is convenient for Williams to fight now , if not , it will be difficult for him to make the weight....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    He said that he don't going receive the same amount of money that received in the first fight with Williams and wish to change the date of the fight to Jun / 14 and not to Jun / 7 ......Although he said in a conference yesterday , that suppose to earn more money for this rematch than the first fight , they are offering me the minimum he said , in which esteem that Quintana earned a salary of $250,000 in the first fight and he think for the rematch deserve and cost more than $250,000.....In my opinion i don't know what is difference between the dates of 7 or 14 of Jun , is only 1 week , Why he cant?......and about the Purse i think that he deserve a fair Purse for his rematch........

Difference between the 14th and the 7th? 7 days, and weight loss can mean a lot to a fighter
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody know the current numbers involved? I would think Quintana deserves 60%. I would be surprised if he got 30% for the last fight. If Paul won't take less for the rematch, I agree, Quintana should tell him where to stick it and maybe try to make a fight with the Mosley/Judah winner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All power to Quintana, he should get the money for any rematch with Williams that most of us thought he was going to lose the first time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he should. and he deserves it. he earned his payday now let him get paid.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The man is the champion...I don't think there was a rematch clause (I could be wrong)..Shows how cocky that crunt Williams is..but was not cocky enough to rematch Margarito...He does not need to rematch Williams...Carlos could get himself a few easy defenses and make three time that with half the effort or risk then get a payday 5 or six times the $250,000 in a unifacation bout with any other champion...earning himself a cool 2-2 1/2 million during the process.....Pay the man he is the champion...

As far as the date goes who knows...Maybe Carlos has plans to play golf....any other opponent Quintana would be paid more...any other opp I would be against the date change but F*** Williams...Now he knows he is not the S***...IOt takes more then 29 gimme bouts and a title win over a champion whop helped you with being inactive early as you helped yourself....

I will bet lifetime sig's with anyone that in 3 years Willianms is just another fighter that had potential....

The next Tommy Hearns My ASS
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    The man is the champion...I don't think there was a rematch clause (I could be wrong)..Shows how cocky that crunt Williams is..but was not cocky enough to rematch Margarito...He does not need to rematch Williams...Carlos could get himself a few easy defenses and make three time that with half the effort or risk then get a payday 5 or six times the $250,000 in a unifacation bout with any other champion...earning himself a cool 2-2 1/2 million during the process.....Pay the man he is the champion...

As far as the date goes who knows...Maybe Carlos has plans to play golf....any other opponent Quintana would be paid more...any other opp I would be against the date change but F*** Williams...Now he knows he is not the S***...IOt takes more then 29 gimme bouts and a title win over a champion whop helped you with being inactive early as you helped yourself....

I will bet lifetime sig's with anyone that in 3 years Willianms is just another fighter that had potential....
    It wasn't Williams who didn't choose to have a rematch clause it was his promoter.

You should like sour grapes from him beating Margarito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

It wasn't Williams who didn't choose to have a rematch clause it was his promoter.

I do like sweet ones whne Quintana Outboxed Williams
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

I do like sweet ones whne Quintana Outboxed Williams
    Yep he sure did. Probably could have stopped him if he threw more left hands, but he landed just about everything but the kitchen sink at Williams.

Thread Information