Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who hits Harder ??? Hopkins or Calzaghe

i feel at 175 hopkins hits harder though i haven't seen joe at 175 his hands are brittle which means he can put full power into his shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who hits Harder ??? Hopkins or Calzaghe

Hopkins hits, Calzaghe slaps.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ds91 View Post
    i feel at 175 hopkins hits harder though i haven't seen joe at 175 his hands are brittle which means he can put full power into his shots
    Its no-brainer Hopkins for 100 percent hits harder than Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can agree with you on that perspective that Hopkins has a harder punch than Calzaghe,after all Hopkins looks very comfortable at being 175lbs and has been for a while.Dont get me wrong i like Calzaghe,im a good fan of his but he just seems to be lacking in the punch-power department.I meen when was the last time he floored a boxer onto the canvas?It's been sometime i can tell you.Nevertheless a K.O by a punch does'nt always happen in the great sport of boxing"Though it does help a great amount!"but you can win a fight in lots of different methods that im sure you all know about e.g,By out working your opponant to the JAB,Throwing and landing more cleaner punches to impress the judges,Picking your shots from head to body to break down your opponant.These methods alone are a great effective way to win a fight if conducted separately but even greater if there are utilized together which is were my personal view of the Calzaghe Vs Hopkins comes into the it.If Calzaghe still has'nt gained any more punch power after moving up a extra 7lbs then i feel he'll still out work Hopkins to the JAB as well throwing faster combinations from head to body to dominate and win the fight on points.Cant wait to watch it,it should be great.I just hope that Referee Cortez lets the fight progress by not getting in the way of things as i feel he did in the Mayor Mayweather Vs Hatton fight back in december.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins hits harder, but Calzaghe is relentless. He'll be too much for the old legend.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I think prior to the hand injuries Calzaghe hit harder. He used to terrorise opponents back in the day.

Now he's more a volume puncher.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I think prior to the hand injuries Calzaghe hit harder. He used to terrorise opponents back in the day.

Now he's more a volume puncher.
    You forget Hopkins also used to destroy opponent's back in the day, he actually has one of the fastest KO's in Middleweight history, when he hit his opponent flush majority of the time it would set up the KO in quick time. Where as Calzaghe has never really had brutal KO's like Hopkins had. Majority of Calzaghe's stoppage wins were pounding opponent's against the ropes until basically the ref stepped in. Calzaghe has 2 KO wins i believe where as Hopkins has about 7.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nowadays, I think Joe hits harder. A body punch nearly had Kesller down, something that has never happened to him. People underestimate Joe's power.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    I can agree with you on that perspective that Hopkins has a harder punch than Calzaghe,after all Hopkins looks very comfortable at being 175lbs and has been for a while.Dont get me wrong i like Calzaghe,im a good fan of his but he just seems to be lacking in the punch-power department.I meen when was the last time he floored a boxer onto the canvas?It's been sometime i can tell you.Nevertheless a K.O by a punch does'nt always happen in the great sport of boxing"Though it does help a great amount!"but you can win a fight in lots of different methods that im sure you all know about e.g,By out working your opponant to the JAB,Throwing and landing more cleaner punches to impress the judges,Picking your shots from head to body to break down your opponant.These methods alone are a great effective way to win a fight if conducted separately but even greater if there are utilized together which is were my personal view of the Calzaghe Vs Hopkins comes into the it.If Calzaghe still has'nt gained any more punch power after moving up a extra 7lbs then i feel he'll still out work Hopkins to the JAB as well throwing faster combinations from head to body to dominate and win the fight on points.Cant wait to watch it,it should be great.I just hope that Referee Cortez lets the fight progress by not getting in the way of things as i feel he did in the Mayor Mayweather Vs Hatton fight back in december.
    Last time Calzaghe floored an opponent was Lacy but that was after about hitting him 900+ times, The other in recent years was in the rematch with glass chinned Mario Veit.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Nowadays, I think Joe hits harder. A body punch nearly had Kesller down, something that has never happened to him. People underestimate Joe's power.
    It was a sharp quick punch which caught Kessler by surprise, you don't have to have good punching power to hurt someone quite badly with a body shot. If you catch someone unexpected like Calzaghe did to Kessler.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins does hit harder. Calzaghe hasnt been the same since his string of hand injuries. Used to pack a serious knock out punch.

He can still hit hard enough to gain respect when he needs to though and if you hit enough times in the same place the accumulation will eventually begin to tell. Calzaghe did make Kessler reel from that body shot, when pushed he will bite.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a sharp quick punch which caught Kessler by surprise, you don't have to have good punching power to hurt someone quite badly with a body shot. If you catch someone unexpected like Calzaghe did to Kessler.
    Either agree with me or keep it quiet son. I have no time for opinions that don't agree with mine as they are wrong and are therefore not relevent.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Either agree with me or keep it quiet son. I have no time for opinions that don't agree with mine as they are wrong and are therefore not relevent.
    I agree with Ice , he caught Kessler with a sharp punch.
    Hopkins looked pretty powerful at 175lbs , Calzaghe hasnt even fough there yet , Also Calzaghe doesnt hit with power anymore due to bad hands ,
    as for your last statement i presume you were JOKING ? RIGHT ?
    As for calling ICE " SON " since when was a 23 year old the daddy of this site
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 03-29-2008 at 03:42 PM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

I agree with Ice , he caught Kessler with a sharp punch.
    Hopkins looked pretty powerful at 175lbs , Calzaghe hasnt even fough there yet , Also Calzaghe doesnt hit with power anymore due to bad hands ,
    as for your last statement i presume you were JOKING ? RIGHT ?
    As for calling ICE " SON " since when was a 23 year old the daddy of this site
    How the hell could u not catch sarcasm in that? As for the daddy of this site...well I may not be older, but I'm much wiser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would say hopkins hits harder imo.

Thread Information