Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: JCChavez say :Shortest of Mexican Boxers......?????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JCChavez say :Shortest of Mexican Boxers......?????

JCC said , Only 2 Boxers classified for the Olimpic Games to Pekin 2008 , i don't know what happens , because Mexico is the Nest of many great boxers.

Chavez who never participated in the eliminators Olympic Game , he commented the fact that Mexico just have 2 classified Mexican boxers to Pekin show that this sport is in low level.
    " Is odd for me that Mexico just have 2 Olympic boxers , because in boxing at world level we are a great potential and is the sport that more medal received in Olympic level" commented JCC......
    In Olympic Boxer Mexico won in their whole history just 2 gold medal , 3 silver medal and 7 bronze medal . In general 10 gold medal , 18 silver medal and 24 bronze medal.

The Mexican Boxers Cristian Valdez in 54Kilos , Arturo Santos in 57 kilos......

In my opinion this is what I'm refere , when i say professionals fighting against Amateur. Is not if the professionals fight more than amateurs. Is Experience , Mental Matures and Shapes Conditions. Although i don't know why JCC is worry about these , because he is the one that began in Professional Boxing at 16 or 17 years of age and most of the youngest Mexican Boxers begin at these age and most of them never participate in the Olympic Games......

Why this happens ?
    Do you think that they jump to the Professional Boxing for Economic reasons ?
    Or they don't like to participate to the Olympic Games in Amateur ?

I think this is interesting.......What do you think about this guys ?

Last edited by Macho; 03-31-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JCChavez say :Shortest of Mexican Boxers......?????

The answer to this is simple.

Money. You make money when you turn pro. You don't earn money when your an amateur.

These kids in Mexico start boxing as a way to earn a living so when the oppourtunity comes to try for the Olympics or turn pro guess what?
    They rather turn pro. The occasional one might go to the ams. but for the most part they all turn pro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

Money. You make money when you turn pro. You don't earn money when your an amateur.

These kids in Mexico start boxing as a way to earn a living so when the opportunity comes to try for the Olympics or turn pro guess what?
    They rather turn pro. The occasional one might go to the ams. but for the most part they all turn pro.
    Yea Mick is true because " A quien le amarga un dulce " about Money is obvious , but is like JCC said before in Mexico usually have more good and great boxers for Olympics Games , although that others becomes at professionals and now are shortest.

I don't know exactly , if you comparing at this time Mick how do you consider the amount of boxers that are beginning like a professional?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

These kids in Mexico start boxing as a way to earn a living so when the opportunity comes to try for the Olympics or turn pro guess what?
    Yea Mick is true because " A quien le amarga un dulce " about Money is obvious , but is like JCC said before in Mexico usually have more good and great boxers for Olympics Games , although that others becomes at professionals and now are shortest.

I don't know exactly , if you comparing at this time Mick how do you consider the amount of boxers that are beginning like a professional?
    If the plan is to turn pro soon then I think getting something like 30-50 fights is good. Of course the results are important and wining is a must. But IMO, it shouldn't make or break a kids career.
    Fighting in the ams vs. fighting pro are 2 worlds apart.

I can't think of many pros who have turned pro without being an amateur.
    I mean theres been some but for the most part all have had a least a few amateur fights.

Thread Information