Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does anyone else HATE this..

So, i know most people on here are older than me, and/or single or married and probably aren't in the same position as I am.. but i REALLY hate when my girlfriend goes out to a club with her friends..

I mean, i put up with it cause it's not worth getting into an argument over, and that's what some of her friends do, and i can't say she can't hang out with her friends, but MAN it drives me insane..

don't take this the wrong way, in no way am i a jealous guy, nor do i not trust her.. we've been together for 2 and a half years and are really close and stuff, but it's just the fact that she's in that environment where any drunk douche bag could hit on her and shit.. and i know that sounds stupid but when i go to the places she goes to with my buddies they're all going to meet girls, obviously.. so why am i to think that the things my friends do to girls, doesn't happen to her?

And i know you can say that a guy could hit on her at the supermarket, and that you really can't avoid it, but being in a place like this is asking for it..

I know there is nothing i can do about it, i sort of just wanna vent, but it would be nice to hear this bothers someone else

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does anyone else HATE this..

I can understand you man.
    I know exactly how you feel.

El Kabong Guest

Well you can't very well tell her to not go out...#1 it would piss her off #2 she'd go out even more because women like to push buttons it's just their nature.

I strongly suggest anytime she plans on going out you should have like a poker night or go bowling or something. Do some guy thing and get your mind off it.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere......write that down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nor man it does my head in that my mr's wont go out..Im like here take my fucking money just leave me alone for an hour or something.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've had more than one relationship end over this in the past, RP.

I'm staunch in my "nothing good happens there" way of thinking. I question the morals of people who attend such gatherings and believe they suffer from poor self esteem. Male and female dregs alike, their jackassery nauseates me to the point of wailing frustration.

There are better ways to enjoy yourself than participating in mass gaucherie with an uncountable number of devient dimwits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It depends where she is going.

If she's going to a night club, then I would tell her not to go. But if she insist, then I'd ask her if I can go with her. And if she doesn't like that idea, then I would call it a problem coz there's gotta be something wrong there. And it aint about trust, jealousy, or insecurity.

Best thing you should do is to TALK with her about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post

I'm staunch in my "nothing good happens there" way of thinking. I question the morals of people who attend such gatherings and believe they suffer from poor self esteem. Male and female dregs alike, their jackassery nauseates me to the point of wailing frustration.

There are better ways to enjoy yourself than participating in mass gaucherie with an uncountable number of devient dimwits.
    Couldn't agree more BG.. It's just like, it's a place to be social, and not that i'm anti-social, i just feel that i'm in a relationship, so unless it's a special occasion like a friends birthday or something, i have no need to be there..

Also here is another perspective on it that i'm sure you will agree with.. It's totally a double standard but really its NOT cause it's logical.. I feel that when i go out with my friends, she has nothing to worry about, simply because generally speaking, guys approach girls at clubs/bars.. So if i'm not going to approach anyone, then what is there to worry about? But if your girlfriend goes, then you have to worry about guys approaching her simply because that is how nature works.. Now, again, i'm not worried that if a guy approaches her that she'll act in a non-acceptable way, it's just the fact that some dude is hitting on my girl, and that irks me, thas'all.. hear me?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    It depends where she is going.

If she's going to a night club, then I would tell her not to go. But if she insist, then I'd ask her if I can go with her. And if she doesn't like that idea, then I would call it a problem coz there's gotta be something wrong there. And it aint about trust, jealousy, or insecurity.

Best thing you should do is to TALK with her about it.
    yeah, i mean, we've sort of talked about it, but again, i didn't feel there was a need to get into an argument over it, i just try to let it go cause she wants to hang w/ her friends.. Also, i feel that i wouldn't want to go with her, #1 because i'm letting her have her "alone" time with her friends and without me, and #2 i prefer bars.. sports bars and the like.. i don't like to dance or stand around and be a wallflower with a drink in my hand..

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere......write that down
    A line of sheer brilliance Lyle hahah..

and in reference to the poker night thing.. the thing is that, for example, last night she went out with her friends.. but i have an exam this morning, and i had class last night, so there was no way i could really do anything to get my mind off of it haha..

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone needs a break from everyone once in a while. As long as she comes home and isnt walking like John Wayne wheres the fuss?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I was younger, and used to go to the clubs with my girlfriends, it was nothing more than to just have some fun with the girls. At the time I had a boyfriend, and like you, he didn't like to go dancing, and the thing is, woman just like to dance, and if their guys don't want to, then they go with the girls.

Most girls don't go there looking for hook-ups, although most guys do. We honestly, just want to hang out with each other, have some drinks, laugh, and dance.

Sure we get guys that would hit on us, but pretty much all we did was toy with them in order to get free drinks, and laugh with each other on how pathetic some guys are with their pick-ups lines.

And being that she is with you, she is probably playing the protector role for her friends, that's what I was, so I'm sure she is handling herself well, and you have nothing to worry about.

Let her have her fun with her friends while she can, because the clubbing scene will get old after awhile. Remember, you only live once, so let her live it up while she can.

Also remember, this holds true for both men and women - It's okay to look at the menu, as long as you come home to eat.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was going to give you some good advice, but the Bottles gone. The wife comes on here
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as she's not going out every weekend I don't see what the problem is.

Everybody has a right to a social life and if you trust your girl there's no reason to panic every time she goes out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Everybody has a right to a social life and if you trust your girl there's no reason to panic every time she goes out.

Can't they play Scrabble?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea I dont see what the big deal is? I mean she is dancing and being out with her friends

Worst case scenario she is out gets hit on and bangs some dude.. I mean it all comes out in the wash and you decide if thats the kind of girl you want.. Like I said worse case scenario.

Let her be, if its not a trend and she comes home at a reasonable time and your bond is strong than your fine. But if your girl is over flirty and dresses scantily than again you decide if you want a girl who thrives on pushing the boundaries of your trust

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Can't they play Scrabble?

scrabble involves spelling
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol you are truly the only man less sociable than myself.

Me, you and CFH would make for the worst party hosts of all time

Thread Information