Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cotto left completely optimist.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto left completely optimist.....

Well Cotto left yesterday to NJ at less pounds that require for the fight in this Saturday 12/April/08 , he feel very confident in the way that he had prepare to defend his Title....
    Cotto left yesterday from the International Airport of P.R. to Atlantic City NJ and commented:
    " I wanted to be known to all my fans that i feel in great condition , we worked very well for this fight , we did everything that we had to do in training for this fight and we understand that not going have any problem "........
    Ones of the journals ask him that if he saw any Gomez battle in the "The Contender" program of ESPN and he said; " That job always is for team , my corner and they always do very well ".....
    " Against Gomez we cant discard anything and we go prepare for win....
    One shot will come from any where and will hurt you , but we are prepared for avoid that 100% ".......
    Although while he were waiting for the flight , he showed that not has any problem with his weight eating an oven chicken......
    Cotto express to all fans of boxing that do not miss this battle in which going be an emotionally fight.....

Last edited by Macho; 04-07-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto leaved completely optimist.....

C'mon Cotto, wanna see you get another ko!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fights gonna be a lot tougher then many on here think it.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sure. Alfonso has a large frame, he's determined, he has his cahnce and he has ambition. I think he'll give Cotto hell early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    For sure. Alfonso has a large frame, he's determined, he has his cahnce and he has ambition. I think he'll give Cotto hell early.
    This is the biggest man Cotto's fought, no?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    I actually thought Abduellav was pretty big, but one has to admit that Alfonso is probably a lot bigger.
    I don't expect and upset and I'd be quite flustered if Alfonso were to win, but I do believe that Cotto will be tested.
    Furthermore I think this will prove the final test on Cotto's chin at Welter. I feel this fight will finally determine how much it's improved since Light Welter.

I'm also thinking about that cut inside the mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually thought Abduellav was pretty big, but one has to admit that Alfonso is probably a lot bigger.
    I don't expect and upset and I'd be quite flustered if Alfonso were to win, but I do believe that Cotto will be tested.
    Furthermore I think this will prove the final test on Cotto's chin at Welter. I feel this fight will finally determine how much it's improved since Light Welter.

Gomez isn't a big puncher but his boxing has improved 10 fold in his last few fights... I'm not a Gomez fan but I like watching him fight and as we've seen, Gomez makes the best of the chances afforded him. He will damage Cotto... No dobt in my mind. But as the water gets deeper Cotto will assert himself as the better fighter. Gomez will attempt a lot of infighting once he sees how fast Cotto's jab is (it's decieving). Cotto will attempt to keep distance and outbox him down the stretch. There will be no KO. Majority decision Cotto
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gomez isn't a big puncher but his boxing has improved 10 fold in his last few fights... I'm not a Gomez fan but I like watching him fight and as we've seen, Gomez makes the best of the chances afforded him. He will damage Cotto... No dobt in my mind. But as the water gets deeper Cotto will assert himself as the better fighter. Gomez will attempt a lot of infighting once he sees how fast Cotto's jab is (it's decieving). Cotto will attempt to keep distance and outbox him down the stretch. There will be no KO. Majority decision Cotto
    Thats a nice prediction and a distinct possibility.
    I see it similar.

Early Gomez wades into battle. Hooks, uppercuts and right hands are thrown stinging Cotto and marking him up.
    Cott, starting relatively slowly, pounds the body early, mixing the jab occasionally. Gomez takes the first three stanzas.

As the fight draws into the middle stages the fight draws on the inside and competitive rounds see Gomez being surprisingly succesful.

However the pace is high and as time wears on Cotto lands more frequently, the jab and hook beginning to thud on Gomez's right side.
    I see Gomez wishing he hadn't started so enthusiatically, searching for ebergy as Cotto's calculated assault continues, with a body shot stopping Gomez in the 11th approximately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see it similar.

Early Gomez wades into battle. Hooks, uppercuts and right hands are thrown stinging Cotto and marking him up.
    Cott, starting relatively slowly, pounds the body early, mixing the jab occasionally. Gomez takes the first three stanzas.

As the fight draws into the middle stages the fight draws on the inside and competitive rounds see Gomez being surprisingly succesful.

However the pace is high and as time wears on Cotto lands more frequently, the jab and hook beginning to thud on Gomez's right side.
    I see Gomez wishing he hadn't started so enthusiatically, searching for ebergy as Cotto's calculated assault continues, with a body shot stopping Gomez in the 11th approximately.
    Hmmm... Quite the possibility. Nomatter what, I see an extremely entertaining fight. Gomez has always been an entertaining fighter who is not afraid to trade. I don't think Cotto intimidates him at all. I think Gomez will surprise a lot of people. People seem to forget what a decent boxer he has progressed into. He has some definite skill. It won't be a shutout to all of the Cotto superfans. It will be a highly competetive fight with Cotto coming out on top. I will be rooting for Gomez as I love underdogs. Cotto will just be to skilled, though.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like Roy Keane once said, for the small clubs, to play against Man Utd is the biggest day of their lives, their 15 minutes of fame. So as a result even the smallest club can become Real Madrid for a day.

Stepping up to the world title stage, Gomez could do surprising things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like Roy Keane once said, for the small clubs, to play against Man Utd is the biggest day of their lives, their 15 minutes of fame. So as a result even the smallest club can become Real Madrid for a day.

Stepping up to the world title stage, Gomez could do surprising things.

alright you've convinced me... I'm going after wlad
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see it similar.

Hey Donny "mi Pana" i think that you are been too sweet with Gomez ahhhhh, LOLOLOL , no no that's a joke my friend , in my opinion Gomez going outbox Cotto , he knows that it will be a big risk for him going toe to toe with Cotto , that is if he wants to stay to latest rounds , if not he will be demolish at early ......

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post

I see it similar.

Hey Donny "mi Pana" i think that you are been too sweet with Gomez ahhhhh, LOLOLOL , no no that's a joke my friend , in my opinion Gomez going outbox Cotto , he knows that it will be a big risk for him going toe to toe with Cotto , that is if he wants to stay to latest rounds , if not he will be demolish at early ......

You think so Macho?

I think Cotto slows takes Gomez apart....definitely man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That it is Donny , i agree.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i see Gomez starting well early too.. but i think that would act against him as the fight goes on and Cotto wears him down.. I think if i were Gomez i'd try to outbox Cotto, and score some points, and save my energy for Cotto's onslaught of body shots, and make him pay when he gets in close.. If Alfonso doesn't get hurt early, then i give him a chance to making the decision close.. He needs to be in the best shape of his life, and that is an understatement.

Thread Information