Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dana White...Some issues.

He's done a fantastic job marketing and promoting the UFC as I've mentioned in another thread on the boxing board. But rewatching a couple of post fight press conferences he made me feel quite angry with his lack of tact and diplomacy.

In the Jardine vs. Lidell post fight press conference he was asked of his opinion on Elite XC and other organisations.
    "They Suck"
    He was then rescued from his statement by a journalist asking "Do you mean they are more development organisations, developing young talent?"
    "Yeah"

He then went on to disrespect all of the press media, and journalist who had created pound for pound ranking lists with Pride fighters included.
    He implied that Pride fighters were inferior and yet he preached of the greatness of Wanderlai Silva among others.

The final straw for me was how he dealt with questions from the media. As head of a blosoming oraganisation relying on the medias help to market and promote his sport, he should know better than to address the media with swear words and slang.

Also, he's in love with Lidell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dana White...Some issues.

I dont see how he can disrespect Pride fighters and say there inferior,most of the best Pride fighters are now UFC fighters,including 3 of the UFC champions! Non of the hardcore MMA fans take any notice of Dana anyway tbh.I dont actualy mind Dana i'd prefare him in charge than some marketing/corprate buisness type dick head! Dana Whites actualy a Boxing man deep down,think he's Boxed himself a bit and was something of a low level promoter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana's a former Golden Glove boxing champ or something...he at one point knew his way around the ring. He was then a promoter for a while...not sure on how successful, but I don't wanna say very.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by njackets View Post
    I dont see how he can disrespect Pride fighters and say there inferior,most of the best Pride fighters are now UFC fighters,including 3 of the UFC champions! Non of the hardcore MMA fans take any notice of Dana anyway tbh.I dont actualy mind Dana i'd prefare him in charge than some marketing/corprate buisness type dick head! Dana Whites actualy a Boxing man deep down,think he's Boxed himself a bit and was something of a low level promoter?
    True, Iknow a man, works in training and promoting fighters, rolls his eyes when Dana calls and prety much uses him to get his fighters onto the big stage.

But like I said. All credit to White for getting the sport on its feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    Dana's a former Golden Glove boxing champ or something...he at one point knew his way around the ring. He was then a promoter for a while...not sure on how successful, but I don't wanna say very.
    He was a very low key boxing promoter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He managed and promoted Chuck Liddel and Tito Ortiz before the ufc president thing..... Don't know who else, but that is how he got involved with ufc to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post

He managed and promoted Chuck Liddel and Tito Ortiz before the ufc president thing..... Don't know who else, but that is how he got involved with ufc to begin with.
    I u sure it was Chuck aswell? Im sure it was just Tito.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Either way, he's in love with Lidell now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by njackets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post

I u sure it was Chuck aswell? Im sure it was just Tito.
    Yeah, i watched that whole special when Dana was supposed to fight Tito. Tito didn't show, and they went over the whole personal issues Dana and Tito had.

Part of the reason Chuck and Tito were training partners was because Dana was the promoter of both of them. Actually the show about that fight was interesting it just had a sucky ending.

Personally I like Dana. But he definitely has some leadership problems.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Dana's a bad guy.like I stated, he's done a lot for mma, but he's lacking polish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are things we already knew about Dana, he gets off on rubbing people up the wrong way. As far as he is concerned any press is good press. He's a fucking wad but a clever guy to go with it and you have to respect that.

A few things to know about Dana White

1) He and Chuck Liddel are bummers FACT

2) They regularly bum eachother...surely another FACT

3) He swears a lot

4) He makes a lot of money

and last but by no means least

5) Mid way through the TUF season someone in the house does some shit and wants tol eave. Dana will be called in where he will proceed to give said fighter one of his "So you wanna be a fukking fighter?!?"speeches where he will no doubt litter the speech with many expletives and tell the chap how he is the position that so many others envy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munkymagic View Post
    These are things we already knew about Dana, he gets off on rubbing people up the wrong way. As far as he is concerned any press is good press. He's a fucking wad but a clever guy to go with it and you have to respect that.

A few things to know about Dana White

1) He and Chuck Liddel are bummers FACT

2) They regularly bum eachother...surely another FACT

3) He swears a lot

4) He makes a lot of money

and last but by no means least

5) Mid way through the TUF season someone in the house does some shit and wants tol eave. Dana will be called in where he will proceed to give said fighter one of his "So you wanna be a fukking fighter?!?"speeches where he will no doubt litter the speech with many expletives and tell the chap how he is the position that so many others envy.
    Don't know about the bumming, but the rest is true.

I give him a little more leeway because he's actually been punched in the face before and knows some of the life. I really hate sophisticated suit wearing people that act like they know it all. Dana's got a lot of flaws, but he's not one of those.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Dana takes it a bit far though.
    He assumes he knows what the guys are going through just because he's been hit.
    Thats why I din't like when he dissed Elite XC and the others, it was as if he was saying, getting knocked out hurts less there.

Thread Information