Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cotto , in Searching of a New Course......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto , in Searching of a New Course......

Well the Boricua Champ , after the fight with Alfonso Gomez , he just will not have a New Trainer , he also will move his Training Camp of P.R. to U.S. Florida.........
    Now after this fight Evangelista Cotto not going be more his Trainer , he will have a known new American Trainer and and training in Florida ........commented a local journal that wanted keep the source in anonymate......
    These rumors aren't new. In November 2006 at a days of fight between Cotto vs Quintana , transcended the same rumors , though after of admission of differentials criteria , Evangelista stayed as Cottos Manager and Trainer......
    That once they resolved. But the problem is that they have a strong temperament and though Top Rank want a guy with more expertise , now Cottos father have a Trainer License , that will going be in his son Corner this Saturday in the fight for avoid that something happen in remembering the incident the happened with Cottos brother (Jose Miguel Cotto) last year in a card fight in P.R.......

Is a shame to see a family problems like that , we know that they have a strong temperament , but i think that Evangelista deserve to be part of the Team ............

What do you think about this guys?.........

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto , in Searching of a New Course......

I don't believe this at all.

Cotto made it very clear that he would not like to have ANYONE but Evangelista in his corner.

Sometimes it's good when you change trainers because certain trainers can only take you so far then it's time for you to learn other things. In this case I think Evangelista has truely formed and shaped Cotto to who he is today.

Cotto always states my job is to train, fight and win the fights. My corners work is to watch tapes, and instruct/train me. I leave the training techniques to them they know what will work and what will prepare me for the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Well the Boricua Champ , after the fight with Alfonso Gomez , he just will not have a New Trainer , he also will move his Training Camp of P.R. to U.S. Florida.........
    Now after this fight Evangelista Cotto not going be more his Trainer , he will have a known new American Trainer and and training in Florida ........commented a local journal that wanted keep the source in anonymate......
    These rumors aren't new. In November 2006 at a days of fight between Cotto vs Quintana , transcended the same rumors , though after of admission of differentials criteria , Evangelista stayed as Cottos Manager and Trainer......
    That once they resolved. But the problem is that they have a strong temperament and though Top Rank want a guy with more expertise , now Cottos father have a Trainer License , that will going be in his son Corner this Saturday in the fight for avoid that something happen in remembering the incident the happened with Cottos brother (Jose Miguel Cotto) last year in a card fight in P.R.......

Is a shame to see a family problems like that , we know that they have a strong temperament , but i think that Evangelista deserve to be part of the Team ............

What do you think about this guys?.........

Check the other threads there is a link to el nuevo dia that it was all rumor
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey guys check out my site for a preview of the Cotto/Gomez fight and the Calzaghe/Hopkins fight. Leave me some feedback and tell me your predictions Joshua Ryan Crawford @ Suite101.com - Profile

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought that they were going to change the training.
    I know it's still not a certainty, but with the different style Cotto used against Mosely and this fight with Gomez, I think this may be a turning point for Cotto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate when fighters do that, Jermain Taylor did it and look what happen to him. If it ain't broken don't fix it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    I hate when fighters do that, Jermain Taylor did it and look what happen to him. If it ain't broken don't fix it
    Thats one side of the coin. On the other hand a change of trainers can be huge.
    Look at Manny Pac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Cotto wins, I win $23k!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Look at Manny Pac
    Vazquez is now more succesfull with Perez than with Roach though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post

Woot? damn wow you sure like to bet big huh?
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post

Hey Mi Pana Pacstraight i dont going say " I HOPE " i going say that going win for sure your $23K , but remember me OK......LOLOLOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with this story is that the newspaper in P.R. used an unnamed source. I won't believe this story until someone goes on record and repeats the information. It could be someone trying to cause a distraction or it could be legit. I will reserve judgement until someone is identified as the source of the information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    The problem with this story is that the newspaper in P.R. used an unnamed source. I won't believe this story until someone goes on record and repeats the information. It could be someone trying to cause a distraction or it could be legit. I will reserve judgement until someone is identified as the source of the information.
    Hey Rican , i agree , is a shame to say it , but in P.R. like to public a Negative Comments and like to politicise the sport too , if you are the person that doesn't like what they want you to say , you are out.....
    How is Cotto? A quietly guy , that don't like talk and when he talk , he talk what he want to say........That is a thing that most of Media from P.R. don't like it........

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought that they were going to change the training.
    I know it's still not a certainty, but with the different style Cotto used against Mosely and this fight with Gomez, I think this may be a turning point for Cotto
    Donny, I'm having trouble understanding what you mean here.
    Can you clarify this a bit for me?
    Thanks.

Good post... Sent some Rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at Manny Pac
    When a trainer leads his fighter to championship status winning in big matches what's the reason for change, Taylor had just beaten a P4P top three boxer in the world back to back which lead him to a championship, wins don't get any bigger than that why the need for change. Cotto has as well won big matches and is a champion, there is no need for change.

Thread Information