Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone know much about USB Memory sticks?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone know much about USB Memory sticks?

I'm not sure which one to invest in. I'm looking for a dcent size,not too big and not too expensive either. I've tried tlooking but there are SOOOO many around and so many different prices too. Any help=reps.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone know much about USB Memory sticks?

They are well worth buying.
    So much easier just to plug in and save rather than use a cable and mp3 camera or what have you.

I definitely recommend them. I have had a dell one (lost) a fujifilm one and another brand.

The dell and fulifilm ones were fantastic.
    2gb is a good size, you'll fight a surprising amount on that.
    And they'll not cost you more than €40

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How much is that in pounds bro and where from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got a USB stick and take it to college everyday, it's awesome, saves pics, documents, vids etc the lot.

Mine is 2 GB and I have loads of essays stored on there. I got mine for £15 off a friend but check out WHSmith, Woolworths, Currys, Comet etc they'll probably have them there, definitely recommend it bro.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    How much is that in pounds bro and where from?
    about £20

i have a 3gb one and its more than i need.... its all down to what you want it for they are great really.

one worrd of warning steer clear of any on ebay as i bought a 8 gb one from ebay cheap but it turne out to be a 250kb one with a software trick applied to it to make it look like 8 gbs...got my money back and felt sorry for the guy who sold it as i think he was the one who got stung from a wholesaler....

anyhooo shop bought only is the safest way and if your not looking to hold massive files on it 1 gb would be fine and i think there pretty cheap now as i've had mine for 2 years and its always in my pocket even is now its supprising how much you will use it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some good deals at Play.com. The price is coming down almost weekly now. I got a 4gb sandisk one from amazon a few weeks back for about £14 I think

You can get an 8gb for a few quid more.

As Bruno suggests, I wouldn't spend more than £20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamo..

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! is where i get all my computer stuff from.. I build PC's as a side type of thing i guess you can say, and i get almost all of my hardware from that site.. best prices..

as far as quality goes, it doesn't really matter.. it's a simple storage device, and you can't really get a "bad" quality one.. It all comes down to what size you want, that's the only decision you really need to make.. if you're using it just for word documents and school stuff, you'd be more than fine with a 1gb drive..

On another note I don't own one of these, nor do i see the "need" for them.. I mean, everyone in my group in one of my computer classes use them, but it's almost not needed.. Anytime I need to transfer a document from my house to a school computer, i just e-mail it to myself.. This method is MORE reliable because you can't physically lose the file, where you can physically lose your jump drive.. or it could break if you drop it or step on it or something.. So then you may say, what if you are transferring large files? Well i leave that up to my external hard drive.. Cheap to purchase and hold 75-100 gb for a decent price..

but hey, that's just me.. if i'm formatting a hard drive for someone, and have to reinstall windows and virus protection for them, i just use the external hard drive, but if i had to do that everyday, i'd prob use a flash drive as it's smaller.. ALL depends on what you're doing my friend.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bought an 8gb Scandisk Cruzer one was about 70 quid - was worth it for the extra but could have got it cheaper off net. Unfortunately had to buy it quickly one Sunday and Argos was only place open

Keep films on it and music (old man's car takes USB so handy for that when using it) also good for copying a film at work if one of lads has it on a hard drive then I just plug and play it through the PS3

There's this one at staples at moment - seems pretty cheap to me

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog...affixedcode=WW
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

USB are great cuz of there size and capacity. You can carry them in your pocket like nothing. Go ahead and buy one. There worth it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SVP: DVD-R & CDR - Blank Media: Reviews and Advice is where I buy all my stuff from, made easier for me as I'm only a few miles from them so can pick up and save on postage.

They have 8gb versions for under £20

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure which one to invest in. I'm looking for a dcent size,not too big and not too expensive either. I've tried tlooking but there are SOOOO many around and so many different prices too. Any help=reps.
    Gamo get one they are worth the investment.
    Like Saddo said it depends what you need it for to determine what size you'll want to get. A 2 gb is a good size for documents, pics and small videos that sort of stuff.

If your also looking to maybe transfer some fights into it along with other stuff then a 4 or 8 gb would be good for you.
    I have an 8 and I have documents and I add 2 or 3 fights so when I'm at work I can have something to see whe I've got time.

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Gamo..

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! is where i get all my computer stuff from.. I build PC's as a side type of thing i guess you can say, and i get almost all of my hardware from that site.. best prices..

as far as quality goes, it doesn't really matter.. it's a simple storage device, and you can't really get a "bad" quality one.. It all comes down to what size you want, that's the only decision you really need to make.. if you're using it just for word documents and school stuff, you'd be more than fine with a 1gb drive..

On another note I don't own one of these, nor do i see the "need" for them.. I mean, everyone in my group in one of my computer classes use them, but it's almost not needed.. Anytime I need to transfer a document from my house to a school computer, i just e-mail it to myself.. This method is MORE reliable because you can't physically lose the file, where you can physically lose your jump drive.. or it could break if you drop it or step on it or something.. So then you may say, what if you are transferring large files? Well i leave that up to my external hard drive.. Cheap to purchase and hold 75-100 gb for a decent price..

but hey, that's just me.. if i'm formatting a hard drive for someone, and have to reinstall windows and virus protection for them, i just use the external hard drive, but if i had to do that everyday, i'd prob use a flash drive as it's smaller.. ALL depends on what you're doing my friend.
    RP33, I didn't know you were PC savy...

I just bought what I consider a beauty of a PC and would like to hear your opinion on it. Whe I've got some time I'll post the info. on it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just another in a long line of horrible El Gamo threads

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post

What do you mean bro?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm taking them all into account and You'll all be repped later. I'm definitely getting one but it's mainly for work purposes although if I could stick a fight on their to watch,that would be great.

Question though-are they reliable? Ie if they are dropped,are they finished? aND CAN THEY GET VIRSUES OR CORRUPTION?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post

What do you mean bro?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm taking them all into account and You'll all be repped later. I'm definitely getting one but it's mainly for work purposes although if I could stick a fight on their to watch,that would be great.

Question though-are they reliable? Ie if they are dropped,are they finished? aND CAN THEY GET VIRSUES OR CORRUPTION?

Yes, they can be corrupted or be infected with a virus. If it happens, just reformat it and it's good as new. I have dropped mine for the nth time and it's still working.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Viking Direct - Your Favourite Office Products, For Less

SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro U3 FLash Drive - £14.99 ($25.00)

I use it for all my personal and 'professional' work. It also allows you to downlaod various free programs and even has a password... Which in my little world is pretty fantastic!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information