Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jabbing/Tapping the glove ATTN:Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Theres a long explanation to why, but jab lightly his right glove and see what happens its a neuron response what happens. It throws his response mechanism heywire
    This thread was based off of Scraps response in another thread. After Im hoping you guys can really fill me in on this. This is a subject i'd like to know everything about.

I've always known about tapping at the gloves or jabbing at it, but its still quite a mystery to me as to how it works EXACTLY and how i can apply it better. Could you explain to me the different uses? As far as i know, it could be used for range, timing, upsetting your opponents timing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xAvoV2MO5dM&feature=related

For example in the southpaw Hector Camacho vs Ray Leonard fight. Camacho was constantly harassing and tapping Leonards front glove. While he wasnt necessarily jabbing it, he was constantly tapping it. So do jabbing and tapping induce different responses?

Im a southpaw, so would i get different effects if i jab his front glove as opposed to his rear? (i dont think i can jab at his rear safely anyways, with the way our bodies are aligned) Can i still make his biomechanical response go awry to the same effect as a orthodox jabbing the rear glove? Or is the rear glove somehow special in the way the body reacts to it getting jabbed at?

I once saw a southpaw vs orthodox sparring in my gym, The southpaws trainer told him "Jab at the guys front glove, and right after you jab his glove, go in for the straight left" He did it, and knocked the other guy on his butt. My thought was that, when he touched his jab on the guys glove, it set his range for the straight left? Am i right on that?

I was amazed by how it worked. Well anyways, coulda ya please fill me in Scrap or anyone else with real knowledge on this subject. What do you guys know about how jabbing and tapping your opponents glove and the different ways to apply it? Whether it be defensively or offensively

thanks ahead.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jabbing/Tapping the glove ATTN:Scrap

The resonse you trigger is a lie as regards distance if a southpaw as regards the back hand being thrown at you with someone coming in a straight line, a lateral mover youre taking a chance. But being the instigater you should have the gile to accomadate his moves. Two orthadocs fighters the guy on the back foot with that technique is a handfull as regards distance and response to movement if he moves the front foot with that technique and with giule can set up the distance he wants to engage at, like anything in this game easy its not but with practice . THE VIDEO I hate seeing a washed up Leonard being used as an example he was better than that at that time he was washed up and had a pratt training him.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK I'm trying to get my head around this. I don't think I have any hope of understanding how t works for a southpaw just yet so i'm going to dumb it down for myself.

Are you saying that as an orthodox if I jab their right hand - say step in with the jab front foot only - step that foot out out when they respond - then i can go back in again and be inside. So effectively they have made up the distance for me because they thought I was much closer?

I kinda get that jabbing to the right side of their head as they jab might also help because if they drop or their right hand or overreach with their jab - which is easy to do - they are wide open. It doesn't seem to need a big slip to avoid the jab either - at least it seems that way for me in sparring lately.

Am I on the right track or way off Scrap?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Obviously you have to understand distance, why did I start this . For every action theres a reaction if you see a jab you react whether a slip aparry or to get rid of it knock it over your shoulder. Now normally when throwing a Jab you are getting your distance, or if the other guys smart hes getting his distance of your jab. Its playing games with his senses and distance, but for it to work properly your back foot wants to be under your back shoulder. So you can move it back and still have posture and balance to draw him after your jab touches to counter with long hooks or straight rights depending which foot youve turned with the step. The jab touching the back hand alters his perception of what to dotheres a fraction where theres confusion with balance. A good indecation of this is Joe Gallazagie, when he keeps hitting the other guys gloves he knows where there hands are and is safe and they are in confusion not being able to start anything, he will pitter patter while having a look whats on offer. Nothing upstairs then he will hook downstairs. Hope this Helps
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it does help thanks Scrap

The only thing I'm trying to picture is getting in close enough to jab the right glove with your rear foot still under your back shoulder as opposed to stepping in with the front foot only momentarily.

I'm thinking that's probably where your diagonal movement vid comes in handy and the double jab. You've given me something to work on and play around with thanks heaps Scrap.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for this topic tried it today with the combination double jab - right to solar plexus - left hook liver and then jab out. The double jab to his glove delayed his reaction of his right so i slipped his counter jab while moving down and out to his right shoulder while firing my right where his right went over my head and went for the hook but didn't really connect well with it. But very damn happy that i finally got this combo working for me, so thanks you all i would give rep but it's not letting me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Thanks for this topic tried it today with the combination double jab - right to solar plexus - left hook liver and then jab out. The double jab to his glove delayed his reaction of his right so i slipped his counter jab while moving down and out to his right shoulder while firing my right where his right went over my head and went for the hook but didn't really connect well with it. But very damn happy that i finally got this combo working for me, so thanks you all i would give rep but it's not letting me
    i heard one way the double jab is supposed to work, is the first jab stuns, and the second jab and cross come it at kind of an offbeat. So that your opponent doesnt even catch the entry of the following cross. So by your record it seems that you dont have to land those two jabs clean on his face for the double jab to be effective.

and yeah it is cool when you finally pull off a combination in sparring. Ive only began correctly throwing the jab, straight, hook to the body. When you land it, its a relief. Because you pulled it off once, you know you could do it again.

Thread Information