Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kermit Cintron: Where to now?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Kermit Cintron: Where to now?

Cintron has obviously improved but still lacks the mental toughness to beat MARGARITO but no one else has gotten to him.

I think Cintron has a lot to learn but if he can hone his skill even better he can continue to be a force in the welterweight division as well as at 154.

I would like to see Cintron fight these fighters in the near future: Carlos Quintana, Luis Collazo, Zab Judah, Isaac Hlatswayo, Andre Berto, and Joshua Clottey.

He has to toughen up mentally to be a good title holder

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kermit Cintron: Where to now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Cintron has obviously improved but still lacks the mental toughness to beat MARGARITO but no one else has gotten to him.

I think Cintron has a lot to learn but if he can hone his skill even better he can continue to be a force in the welterweight division as well as at 154.

I would like to see Cintron fight these fighters in the near future: Carlos Quintana, Luis Collazo, Zab Judah, Isaac Hlatswayo, Andre Berto, and Joshua Clottey.

He has to toughen up mentally to be a good title holder
    mental toughness? are you pissed or what?

he did fight the wrong fight, but he was put away with a body shot that would put anyone away during that point, he took a fucking hell of a beating and kept trying.

El Kabong Guest

Hey buddy just look at his body language...he's worse than Shane Mosley with his body language. He shows when he's frustrated, scared, and believes he's losing.

You can see as a fighter when you're getting to him mentally and when he starts doubting himself and his ability. It takes mental toughness to shrowd that and not give your opponent any momentum

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah again I agree, especially on the mental toughness part it's obvious. How many times did he look to the referee in that bout? A few times he wasn't even hit on the back of the head. The first time Margarito was warned, he came back and landed 2 clean to the side of the head in front of the ear and Cintron still complained but was not bailed out that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kermit has heart but he just doesn't know how to handle things when the going gets tough. He gets overwhelmed too much and he's probably always gonna be like that. Cintron's problem is he can't handle extreme pressure fighters and realistically Tony's pressure is one of a kind at 147 because he smothers you and doesn't stop throwing punches. Cintron is a contender as long as he's not in the same ring as Margarito. He basically ducked Williams to fight Tony and that was probably the biggest mistake of his life. He can be champion again but he's always gonna be a headcase. I wouldn't say his career has peaked but he can never be considered champ at 147 with Margo around. Maybe he needs to go to 154.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably Cintron wiilfeel more strong in JMW Div. , he will take use his High , maybe look much better in that weight......but have to change his mentality because in that Div. have more damn hard hitters , Do you imagine Cintron with Mayorga? .....LOLOL

El Kabong Guest

Cintron should stay at 147....he showed his chin is pretty damn good because those shots he took from Margarito were big power punches.

Cintron just needs to stay away from Margarito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron looked pretty sloppy last night, and he didn't look like a guy with a big heart at all. He kept using his back of his head (which is a dumb thing to do) to block Margo's assaults. He's got power but his defense suck ass. Great game plan by Tony by jumping on Kermit right away.

I hope Cotto-Margarito happens this July. Can't wait!

ICB Guest

Wouldn't surprise me if he took on Gomez for a confidence booster fight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's mentally fragile but he can beat any welterweight out there apart from Margarito, Cotto, Floyd, maybe Williams just with his power. He can have a Zab Judah-type career, failing in his big fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron should try to fight CQ PW or the judah mosley winner if he can. He cant beat tony and most likely cant be PBF or cotto

El Kabong Guest

I can agree with that to an extent...I think sometime soon Margarito, Williams, and Cotto will move up to 154 and if Cintron is still boxing he'd be a good guy to hold a belt there for a while OR he could jump up in weight but I just don't think that's a great idea because he's still trying to adapt to Manny's style of training.

If he doesn't learn to fight on the outside and stay on the outside then he's friggin helpless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it seems margarito has his number, but he's still a fighter who can hit the top tier and claim a title somewhere in the future, though his lack of mental power against margarito twice now does give a concern as to how he'll react when placed in a sim position..........if he picks himself up, goes back to the gym with a positive thought, he can learn, recover and bounce back soon. regardless of this loss he remains a exciting boxer with a big punch which always draws a crowd

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has height,one punch power,reach,experienced corner,physical conditioning and youth.Physically he is everything you could ask for.

It looked Last night yhat he was tentative from the start.He lacks confidence when the going gets tough.

El Kabong Guest

He's a former wreslter maybe he should try MMA

Thread Information