Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Roter cuff hurting, FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roter cuff hurting, FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!

The roter cuff in my left shoulder started hurting earlier today, and I didn't do anything that might have injured it. I tried to lift weights (work my chest), but that only made it worse. It's hard to even lift my hand to comb my hair or brush my teeth. Any idea about what can cause it to hurt for no reason at all?

What I'll do is for the rest of the day, I'll pretty much just keep my left hand at my side and try not to lift it for any reason, and see if that helps.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roter cuff hurting, FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!

it could be the way you slept, you may have put too much weight on it during your sleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    it could be the way you slept, you may have put too much weight on it during your sleep.
    Y,know, I was thinking about that very thing. I have woken up in the past with my shoulder hurting from sleeping on my side, so I'd turn over, and it was usually my left side that hurt (most of the time I could sleep on my right side and it wouldn't bother me).

Only thing is this morning (and all last night), it didn't bother me. Seems like it didn't start hurting until after lunch (1 P.M.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    The roter cuff in my left shoulder started hurting earlier today, and I didn't do anything that might have injured it. I tried to lift weights (work my chest), but that only made it worse. It's hard to even lift my hand to comb my hair or brush my teeth. Any idea about what can cause it to hurt for no reason at all?

What I'll do is for the rest of the day, I'll pretty much just keep my left hand at my side and try not to lift it for any reason, and see if that helps.
    Rheumatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That used to happen to me all the time, i found out what it was from, if id train and sweat in my singlet, then walk out of the gym, and its windy or cold, then my rotator cuffs would be fucked for the next 2weeks. Best thing to do is, do not train chest or shoulders, because it will just slow down recovery and put you in pain. Also, when you train, and finish training in from your boxing gym, put on a jumper over your training shirt, to protect your body.

Anyways check the link out it, hope it helps. Also btw, keep maintaining good protein levels for 5-6 meals a day, to quicken recover and aid protein synthesis.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: Roter cuff hurting, FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Immortal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post

Rheumatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That used to happen to me all the time, i found out what it was from, if id train and sweat in my singlet, then walk out of the gym, and its windy or cold, then my rotator cuffs would be fucked for the next 2weeks. Best thing to do is, do not train chest or shoulders, because it will just slow down recovery and put you in pain. Also, when you train, and finish training in from your boxing gym, put on a jumper over your training shirt, to protect your body.

Anyways check the link out it, hope it helps. Also btw, keep maintaining good protein levels for 5-6 meals a day, to quicken recover and aid protein synthesis.
    pac is that you? we all knew you still alive, so you can stop pretending now

Thread Information