Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What is up with the Lakers?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • They are holding out and trying to make the finals seem more interesting

0 0%
  • They are getting their asses handed to them?

4 50.00%
  • They tried hard twice so far and came up short twice?

3 37.50%
  • Your Own Personal option please explain yourself

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NBA Playoffs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I just read that the Knicks fired Isiah Thomas.

Sucks for Isiah....

Was long overdue. I usually don't advocate for a coach's firing but watching him on the bench, he was devoid of any life and he's just made some bizarre decisions and he hasn't once settled on a starting line up in 2 years as a coach. Isiah will never get another coaching job in the NBA imo.

As for the Bulls, I wouldn't be surprised if they went out and got Larry Brown and Gilbert Arenas in the offseason. Definitely think they are going to go big, it depends on where the lottery ball falls but we saw how the Celtics rebuilt in an offseason, it just takes a lottery pick (which the Celts traded for Ray Allen) and some willingness to shell out some money and you have a team. Gordon, Arenas and possibly someone like Beasley in the draft could make a scary team next year.

Of course this is all daydreaming but the Bulls have money to spend, a lottery pick and a coaching vacancy with an owner willing to expend anything to win. Bulls make some noise this offseason imo.
    But we can't rely on the lottery pick.
    I think we need some fresh kids and we need to hold on to them and mold them there.

Arenas is def. a plus for us and I think he'd blend well with the team.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sucks for Isiah....

Was long overdue. I usually don't advocate for a coach's firing but watching him on the bench, he was devoid of any life and he's just made some bizarre decisions and he hasn't once settled on a starting line up in 2 years as a coach. Isiah will never get another coaching job in the NBA imo.
    True.
    Where does Isiah go from here?
    I'm sure he still wants to coach.
    Apparently he is staying on board with the Knicks as an aid to Donny Walsh. His position isn't really defined yet but no way they let him near the team on the court. His firing has been long overdue.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To tell the Truth I know next to nothing about B-Ball.But what kind of Home town boy would I be If I did not Root for the Hornets.They Said the fan base was dead and we were lucky to get them back after "The Bitch" came and sent them Evacuating.David Stern actually stepped in and played a part . They would have to average about 14 Thousand per game a few months ago to quell fears of The NBA looking for other markets?...They are on a good sell-our streak and Have met the "quota".I reed where the State Still owes the Team About 8 million dollars....as well as the Saints.Officials estimate that Next year That figure could triple .If we still have a team(s) Lol.

Go Hornets .
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-19-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sucks for Isiah....

As for the Bulls, I wouldn't be surprised if they went out and got Larry Brown and Gilbert Arenas in the offseason. Definitely think they are going to go big, it depends on where the lottery ball falls but we saw how the Celtics rebuilt in an offseason, it just takes a lottery pick (which the Celts traded for Ray Allen) and some willingness to shell out some money and you have a team. Gordon, Arenas and possibly someone like Beasley in the draft could make a scary team next year.

Of course this is all daydreaming but the Bulls have money to spend, a lottery pick and a coaching vacancy with an owner willing to expend anything to win. Bulls make some noise this offseason imo.
    I think we need some fresh kids and we need to hold on to them and mold them there.

Well this is one of the deepest drafts in the last few years, a possible top 10 pick could land someone like OJ Mayo, Chris Douglas Roberts or even Kevin Love so even if they don't rely on a college kid to turn it around, they could get great trade value for that pick. Ask the Celtics who got Ray Allen for a pick that was used for Yi. The Bulls are only a couple players away and that pick could land one of them.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well this is one of the deepest drafts in the last few years, a possible top 10 pick could land someone like OJ Mayo, Chris Douglas Roberts or even Kevin Love so even if they don't rely on a college kid to turn it around, they could get great trade value for that pick. Ask the Celtics who got Ray Allen for a pick that was used for Yi. The Bulls are only a couple players away and that pick could land one of them.
    That's true amat and it can even go further then a 10 pick.

We def. need some big men we needs players that can bust some people up and make us a physical team. We're a decent shooting team and our defense can def. improve but we need a big man and we needs some experience. Hughes is a 9 yr. vet after that all our teams has between 1 and 4 yrs.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    To tell the Truth I know next to nothing about B-Ball.But what kind of Home town boy would I be If I did not Root for the Hornets.They Said the fan base was dead and we were lucky to get them back after "The Bitch" came and sent them Evacuating.David Stern actually stepped in and played a part . They would have to average about 14 Thousand per game a few months ago to quell fears of The NBA looking for other markets?...They are on a good sell-our streak and Have met the "quota".I reed where the State Still owes the Team About 8 million dollars....as well as the Saints.Officials estimate that Next year That figure could triple .If we still have a team(s) Lol.

Go Hornets .
    The Hornest are a fucking shooting machine man, would love to see them go through. With Jackson and Baron you don't know who the fuck to guard.

Woops! wrong team.... I was thinking of the Warriors...
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 04-19-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the Warriors with Jackson and Davis man and thanks a fucking lot for reminding me they aren't in the Playoffs

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the Warriors with Jackson and Davis man and thanks a fucking lot for reminding me they aren't in the Playoffs
    Honest mistake...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just came across this...

NEW YORK (TICKER) —The NBA on Friday conducted random drawings in order to break four ties among teams with identical records and determine the order of selection for the 2008 draft.
    The draft will be held at Madison Square Garden on June 26, and the draft lottery to determine the final order of selection is scheduled for May 20.
    The Minnesota Timberwolves (22-60) won their tiebreaker over the Memphis Grizzlies and hold the third spot while the New York Knicks (23-59) won their tiebreaker over the Los Angeles Clippers and are slotted fifth.
    The first three picks of the draft will be determined by the lottery, which includes the 14 teams that failed to make the playoffs, with the remainder of the teams slotted in inverse order of their consolidated standings at the end of the season.

The Miami Heat hold the best chance of winning the lottery at 25 percent. The Seattle SuperSonics are second (19.9 percent) followed by the Timberwolves third (13.8 percent), the Grizzlies (13.7 percent) and the Knicks (7.6 percent).
    Outside of the 14 lottery teams, the Phoenix Suns (55-27) won their tiebreaker over the Houston Rockets for the 24th pick, and the San Antonio Spurs (56-26) beat out the New Orleans Hornets and will select 26th.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post

Go Hornets .
    Like I said earlier, we could be getting the hornets if the sonics do move out to oklahoma. I'd be all for it cause we built a hawks nest for the seahawks now we can build a hornets nest or hive here in seattle the great northwest.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sucks for Isiah....

He deserved it, he did a horrible job with the knicks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    LOL amat I read your good rep comment

But the truth is that Arroyo is being used as a 3rd sstring PG at Orl

But they made a fan out of me watching their trio of D12, the improved Hedo and of course the one and only Rashard Lewis
    Yes they have a very good team in Orlando, and you are exactly right about Hedo, I imagine he'll get the Most Improved Player. I've always been a fan of Jameer Nelson ever since that great season he had at St. Joes in college and he's turned into a fine NBA point guard.

I wouldn't mind to see the Magic make a run but I'm not sure they have the depth or experience you need to win a conference. I do give them a real shot at knocking off the Pistons though.

Jameer sucks at NBA
    Arroyo is better than him!
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL amat I read your good rep comment

But the truth is that Arroyo is being used as a 3rd sstring PG at Orl

But they made a fan out of me watching their trio of D12, the improved Hedo and of course the one and only Rashard Lewis
    Yes they have a very good team in Orlando, and you are exactly right about Hedo, I imagine he'll get the Most Improved Player. I've always been a fan of Jameer Nelson ever since that great season he had at St. Joes in college and he's turned into a fine NBA point guard.

I wouldn't mind to see the Magic make a run but I'm not sure they have the depth or experience you need to win a conference. I do give them a real shot at knocking off the Pistons though.

Jameer sucks at NBA
    I wonder why you would like Arroyo puya No but I do like Jameer not as a top point guard. Right now almost half the teams in the league don't have a consistent starter at point guard or a natural point guard. That's what Nelson is and while he has his defensve woes he provides stability and knows he isn't the teams main scoring option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jameer sucks at NBA
    I wonder why you would like Arroyo puya No but I do like Jameer not as a top point guard. Right now almost half the teams in the league don't have a consistent starter at point guard or a natural point guard. That's what Nelson is and while he has his defensve woes he provides stability and knows he isn't the teams main scoring option.
    LOL I'm messing!!
    his defense is awful. but yes both PG are inconsistent their been sharing the starting job but the GM already gave Jameer the contract during the summer
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Celtics-Lakers. Celtics coming out of the East is a must, the Pistons are a bit tired and please no Cleveland.

Out of the West anybody but the Spurs.

Basically please don't subject me to the Spurs-Pistons or even worse the Spurs-Cavaliers.

I don't really have a team but I can't remember the last time I was this into the NBA, good season. Don't ruin it with a shitty final.

Thread Information