Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What is up with the Lakers?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • They are holding out and trying to make the finals seem more interesting

0 0%
  • They are getting their asses handed to them?

4 50.00%
  • They tried hard twice so far and came up short twice?

3 37.50%
  • Your Own Personal option please explain yourself

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NBA Playoffs!!!!

Who do you think will be the 2 teams in the each conference finals

I have Lakers vs New Orleans
    and Celtics vs Orlando(Yup I said Orlando)
    Last edited by Puya; 04-18-2008 at 03:48 AM.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nba Plaoffs!!!!

Lakers/Spurs

Celtics/Cavs

lets go Celts!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nba Plaoffs!!!!

i see either the celtics, lakers, new orleans or the spurs winning

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nba Playoffs!!!!

I'm absolutely gutted that my Warriors did not make the playoffs. I can not believe it, they have had their best regular season in 20 years and didn't make it out of the western conference gauntlet. I've watched more NBA basketball this year then I ever have in my life, I can count the number of Warriors games I missed on the tube on my fingers. I'm gutted, this is the biggest sports disappointment in a long time for me. On par with the Giants losing to the Angels in the series then the Marlins, the Bush push, with Jeff Lacy losing to Calzaghe, with ANYTHING.

And to add insult to injury, my favorite player in the league is probably done as a Warrior Baron Davis is as good as gone and that honestly hurts to say, THIS SUCKS. It's going to be hard to find a team to root for, maybe I won't but THIS SUCKS.

I'm rooting for Lebron...I guess. I think the Wizards are going to get smashed, and that sucks behind I like Arenas and Caron Butler.

I think the Celtics are the class of the NBA though, both them and the Lakers are hot at the right time and Detroit is on the downside of their reign, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Magic to knock them off especially with that front court they have, don't think the Pistons can match up with that.

The Lakers are looking impressive right now, Kobe is on fire but I think in a 7 game series teams are going to figure out a way to shut down the second and third scoring options in Gasol and Odom but that might not happen until the finals. It's funny because the Suns matched up so much better with the Lakers when they had Marion, I bet they would love Marion's D if they get by Duncan and the Spurs versus the Lakers.

My pick to come out of the west though is the Jazz. I think this is their year and they have the best home court in the NBA right now. Darron Williams is an impossible match up for any of the point guards in the West and Boozer is as good of a low post guy as there is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    Who do you think will be the 2 teams in the each conference finals

I have Lakers vs New Orleans
    and Celtics vs Orlando(Yup I said Orlando)
    I think New Orleans is going to get shocked early in the playoffs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I'm absolutely gutted that my Warriors did not make the playoffs. I can not believe it, they have had their best regular season in 20 years and didn't make it out of the western conference gauntlet. I've watched more NBA basketball this year then I ever have in my life, I can count the number of Warriors games I missed on the tube on my fingers. I'm gutted, this is the biggest sports disappointment in a long time for me. On par with the Giants losing to the Angels in the series then the Marlins, the Bush push, with Jeff Lacy losing to Calzaghe, with ANYTHING.

And to add insult to injury, my favorite player in the league is probably done as a Warrior Baron Davis is as good as gone and that honestly hurts to say, THIS SUCKS. It's going to be hard to find a team to root for, maybe I won't but THIS SUCKS.

I'm rooting for Lebron...I guess. I think the Wizards are going to get smashed, and that sucks behind I like Arenas and Caron Butler.

I think the Celtics are the class of the NBA though, both them and the Lakers are hot at the right time and Detroit is on the downside of their reign, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Magic to knock them off especially with that front court they have, don't think the Pistons can match up with that.

The Lakers are looking impressive right now, Kobe is on fire but I think in a 7 game series teams are going to figure out a way to shut down the second and third scoring options in Gasol and Odom but that might not happen until the finals. It's funny because the Suns matched up so much better with the Lakers when they had Marion, I bet they would love Marion's D if they get by Duncan and the Spurs versus the Lakers.

My pick to come out of the west though is the Jazz. I think this is their year and they have the best home court in the NBA right now. Darron Williams is an impossible match up for any of the point guards in the West and Boozer is as good of a low post guy as there is.
    Well atleast you'll still have them, damn sonics are about gone here in seattle. There going to travel back into the ice age, like idiots of an owner. SEattle is one of the best marketable and profitable city, then they go take the sonic team to oklahoma city. Sonics fan will actually have the last laugh. Seattle can have another team if he really wants to at anytime. We might be getting the hornets, I'd actually like that. We already built a great hawks nest for the seahawks, now we can build a hornets nest in the great northwest. fxck the supersonics, that name alone is so 1990s. They should leave, so we can rebuild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn Amat you sure know your stuff.

as far as Cleveland, Orlando own those guys in the regular season so I laready counted out.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NBA Playoffs!!!!

LOL amat I read your good rep comment

But the truth is that Arroyo is being used as a 3rd sstring PG at Orl

But they made a fan out of me watching their trio of D12, the improved Hedo and of course the one and only Rashard Lewis
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just read that the Knicks fired Isiah Thomas.

Sucks for Isiah....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My picks:

Boston vs. Hawks
    Pistons vs. Philly
    Raptors vs. Magic
    Wiz vs. Cavs
    Melo vs. Lake Show
    Mavs vs. Hornets
    Suns vs. Spurs
    Jazz vs. Rockets

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sucks not to see the Bulls on here...

Hopefully we can continue to rebuild and form a good team before we start selling the shit out of them and or trading them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    LOL amat I read your good rep comment

But the truth is that Arroyo is being used as a 3rd sstring PG at Orl

But they made a fan out of me watching their trio of D12, the improved Hedo and of course the one and only Rashard Lewis
    Yes they have a very good team in Orlando, and you are exactly right about Hedo, I imagine he'll get the Most Improved Player. I've always been a fan of Jameer Nelson ever since that great season he had at St. Joes in college and he's turned into a fine NBA point guard.

I wouldn't mind to see the Magic make a run but I'm not sure they have the depth or experience you need to win a conference. I do give them a real shot at knocking off the Pistons though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

Sucks for Isiah....

Was long overdue. I usually don't advocate for a coach's firing but watching him on the bench, he was devoid of any life and he's just made some bizarre decisions and he hasn't once settled on a starting line up in 2 years as a coach. Isiah will never get another coaching job in the NBA imo.

As for the Bulls, I wouldn't be surprised if they went out and got Larry Brown and Gilbert Arenas in the offseason. Definitely think they are going to go big, it depends on where the lottery ball falls but we saw how the Celtics rebuilt in an offseason, it just takes a lottery pick (which the Celts traded for Ray Allen) and some willingness to shell out some money and you have a team. Gordon, Nocioni Arenas and possibly someone like Beasley in the draft could make a scary team next year.

Of course this is all daydreaming but the Bulls have money to spend, a lottery pick and a coaching vacancy with an owner willing to expend anything to win. Bulls make some noise this offseason imo.
    Last edited by amat; 04-19-2008 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

Sucks for Isiah....

Was long overdue. I usually don't advocate for a coach's firing but watching him on the bench, he was devoid of any life and he's just made some bizarre decisions and he hasn't once settled on a starting line up in 2 years as a coach. Isiah will never get another coaching job in the NBA imo.
    True.
    Where does Isiah go from here?
    I'm sure he still wants to coach.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was originally rooting for the Wiz but had a change of heart and thought LeBron would go to work and put them thru.

Thread Information