Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: More close now Quintana and Ivan Calderon fights......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default More close now Quintana and Ivan Calderon fights......

The Title Defense of Quintana and P. Williams could make concrete in the next few hours , by the way that avoid to take to Auction.......

The Quintana Trainer Jose Bonilla confirmed that the sign of fight could make it in any moment .......
    " Is open a new door now and we hope to get an a fair agreement ".....
    " I think that today we would know if is YES or NO "......commented Bonilla
    The rule Date for that fight is for Jun/7/08......

While the Promoter of Calderon , Peter Rivera looks hopeful to get in agreement with Golden Boys Promotions for make the Date for the rematch with Mexican Hugo Cazeres , despite the WBO announced that would celebrating an Auction in the next week........
    " We have enough time , i hope to get an agreement before , also i hope that this fight keep in P.R. "........commented Peter Rivera

Well now i see that Quintana problem is clearing now , Calderon would look great if that fight comes in the same fight card of Cotto /Margarito...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: More close now Quintana and Ivan Calderon fights......

These are great news and I hope that Quintana is treated fair and get what he deserves. I believe Quintana can repeat what he did the first time considering that he had a late notification for the first fight and his time for training was limited. Actually, Quintana said that recognizing the limited time he had, he studied Calderon fight against Cazares. And, certainly the Iron Boy have a great heart fighting a guy that weight almost 130 pounds the day of the fight, almost five weight classes above the limit. I believe that there should be some regulation for the weight the day of the fight.

I am expecting to see another brilliant performance of the Iron Boy!!!
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post
    These are great news and I hope that Quintana is treated fair and get what he deserves. I believe Quintana can repeat what he did the first time considering that he had a late notification for the first fight and his time for training was limited. Actually, Quintana said that recognizing the limited time he had, he studied Calderon fight against Cazares. And, certainly the Iron Boy have a great heart fighting a guy that weight almost 130 pounds the day of the fight, almost five weight classes above the limit. I believe that there should be some regulation for the weight the day of the fight.

I exactly agree P.R. Punch , i hope that in this fight make an agreement of weight just by Cazares , maybe could advantage to Calderon , but man...one punch in 130 pnd vs 112 pnd " esta cabron " LOLOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last week they the Promoter Peter Rivera and Calderon been working for the rematch with Cazares , but he said that this negotiation take too much time because that fight will be very expensive and require time , they now are touching base with the people of Golden Boys Promotions the Cazares Promoters ...........commented Peter Rivera

" That's mean that Calderon would fight in Jun , but isn't necessary against Cazares , if that fight doesn't comes , it doesn't matter because we have the Date of August 30 08 for the rematch with Cazares , here in P.R. "....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post

I exactly agree P.R. Punch , i hope that in this fight make an agreement of weight just by Cazares , maybe could advantage to Calderon , but man...one punch in 130 pnd vs 112 pnd " esta cabron " LOLOL
    jajaja... Agree and I am hoping that Calderon corner claim for that contract clause. Although, during the first fight the contract indicated that Cazares could not weight more than 10 pounds in the morning, but still gained a lot of weight when he entered the ring. I believe boxing should control the weight that a boxer can gain the day of the fight when entering the ring.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calderon is doing the right thing in rematching Cazares IMO. It was a close fight & Cazares gave him the opportunity so its only fair that Calderon returns the favor. Calderon should put on a clinic this time! Then bring on Solis!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information